Scams Abound...

Old March 11th 05, 03:11 AM
John Willis

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:08:12 -0500, "Joey Tribiani" >
scribbled this interesting note:

>> I've had dealings with unsavory types in
>> transactions before. It always helps to be ready for them and to avoid
>> them if at all possible. This one I can avoid.

>HEY NOW....i paid.....LOL

LOL!:~)

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old March 11th 05, 11:04 PM
vic20owner

Remco wrote:
> I think the common scam is that somebody "owes them money" and will
> have this somebody mail you a check that is in excess of what you are
> asking for the car. They'll say it is the most expedient way of getting
> money to you.

Another version of the scam is that they will have someone come by in
person to deliver a money order. The money order turns out to be fake
but you don't know that until the bank returns it a week later. The
person who delivered it was paid and has no idea it was fake. In the
meantime the scammer receives and sells the merchandise.

-tom