Testing...

Old February 16th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Outatime[_3_]

Default Testing...

Testing a back-door through an unsecured server. If this makes it to the
outside world, someone let me know, please.
Old February 16th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Tomes[_2_]

It made it.

Old February 16th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Outatime[_3_]

Tomes wrote:
> It made it.
>
> "Outatime" > wrote in message
>> Testing a back-door through an unsecured server. If this makes it to
>> the outside world, someone let me know, please.

Thanks! I'm reading from one NNTP server, posting via SMTP to another, which
relays to yet another NNTP server to get to the outside world. I'm surprised
it works. My ISP does not have an NNTP server so I've been poking around
trying to find some way to access usenet.

And of course, now that I've found a way, my next task is setting up <ahem>
....filters. I don't remember this much H&D the last time I was here a few
years ago.
Old February 17th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_22_]

"Outatime" > wrote in message
> Tomes wrote:
>> It made it.
>>
>> "Outatime" > wrote in message
>>> Testing a back-door through an unsecured server. If this makes it to
>>> the outside world, someone let me know, please.

> Thanks! I'm reading from one NNTP server, posting via SMTP to another,
> which relays to yet another NNTP server to get to the outside world. I'm
> surprised it works. My ISP does not have an NNTP server so I've been
> poking around trying to find some way to access usenet.
>
> And of course, now that I've found a way, my next task is setting up
> <ahem> ...filters. I don't remember this much H&D the last time I was
> here a few years ago.

Motzarella is good. Text only. http://www.motzarella.org/ Registration is
free and easy.

Cheers,

Earle

Old February 17th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Tomes[_2_]

"Outatime" > wrote in message
> Tomes wrote:
>> It made it.
>>
>> "Outatime" > wrote in message
>>> Testing a back-door through an unsecured server. If this makes it to
>>> the outside world, someone let me know, please.

> Thanks! I'm reading from one NNTP server, posting via SMTP to another,
> which relays to yet another NNTP server to get to the outside world. I'm
> surprised it works. My ISP does not have an NNTP server so I've been
> poking around trying to find some way to access usenet.
>
> And of course, now that I've found a way, my next task is setting up
> <ahem> ...filters. I don't remember this much H&D the last time I was
> here a few years ago.

I had a similar problem recently when this Embarq company took over my
service. They don't do Usenet and have no interest in doing it at all to my
chagrin. I was doing read-only for a while and then found this
motzarella.org. All they wanted was a registration that has not so far been
detrimental to me and I get all the NGs and can post again. One-stop
shopping. You might want to look at that.
Tomes

Old February 17th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_22_]

"Tomes" > wrote in message
> "Outatime" > wrote in message
>> Tomes wrote:
>>> It made it.

>> Thanks! I'm reading from one NNTP server, posting via SMTP to another,
>> which relays to yet another NNTP server to get to the outside world. I'm
>> surprised it works. My ISP does not have an NNTP server so I've been
>> poking around trying to find some way to access usenet.
>>
>> And of course, now that I've found a way, my next task is setting up
>> <ahem> ...filters. I don't remember this much H&D the last time I was
>> here a few years ago.

> I had a similar problem recently when this Embarq company took over my
> service. They don't do Usenet and have no interest in doing it at all to
> my chagrin. I was doing read-only for a while and then found this
> motzarella.org. All they wanted was a registration that has not so far
> been detrimental to me and I get all the NGs and can post again. One-stop
> shopping. You might want to look at that.
> Tomes

And it doesn't carry any of those pesky binary groups, so you can't get into
trouble like Bill did.

Saúde

Earle

Old February 17th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Outatime[_3_]

Tomes wrote:

> I had a similar problem recently when this Embarq company took over my
> service. They don't do Usenet and have no interest in doing it at all
> to my chagrin. I was doing read-only for a while and then found this
> motzarella.org. All they wanted was a registration that has not so far
> been detrimental to me and I get all the NGs and can post again.
> One-stop shopping. You might want to look at that.
> Tomes

News.motzarella.org - got it, thanks, I'll definitely check that out. Their
website looks to be pretty straight-forward. I'm not 100% sure how I managed
to get a working gateway through one POP3, one SMTP and two different NNTP
servers to read/post here without accounts at any of the NNTP's, but it works,
so WTH. There are a handful of HTTP newsgroup sites, but I vastly prefer to
download everything to my local client for leisurely perusal and reply.
Old February 17th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_5_]

"Outatime" > wrote in message
Tomes wrote:

> I had a similar problem recently when this Embarq company took over my
> service. They don't do Usenet and have no interest in doing it at all
> to my chagrin. I was doing read-only for a while and then found this
> motzarella.org. All they wanted was a registration that has not so far
> been detrimental to me and I get all the NGs and can post again.
> One-stop shopping. You might want to look at that.
> Tomes

News.motzarella.org - got it, thanks, I'll definitely check that out. Their
website looks to be pretty straight-forward. I'm not 100% sure how I
managed
to get a working gateway through one POP3, one SMTP and two different NNTP
servers to read/post here without accounts at any of the NNTP's, but it
works,
so WTH. There are a handful of HTTP newsgroup sites, but I vastly prefer to
download everything to my local client for leisurely perusal and reply.

I'm proud of you for figuring out how to sneek in through the side gate!

Kate

Old February 17th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Outatime[_4_]

Kate wrote:

> I'm proud of you for figuring out how to sneek in through the side gate!

It's amazing what one can do when truly frustrated. My best guess is that
both the NNTP hosts are misconfigured, allowing R/W privileges without
authentication for some reason. As long as I behave myself, I'm hopeful that
no one will mind.

What happened to your Libby? Last I heard, you were having a blast in it. I
like the '08's a LOT. The sliding top is what got my attention. A buddy at
work just bought an '08 Wrangler X/auto, and he loves it. Best part according
to him is the T-top that comes apart easily and on the fly. Sad but true: I
haven't had the hardtop off my TJL yet. One way or another, it's coming off
this Spring though!

Old February 18th 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Pink Freud®©

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:13:39 -0800, L.W.(ßill)Hughes III wrote:

Again?

--
"The Internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it".

Testing Underground_Killah Simulators 0 March 27th 07 08:36 PM
Testing testing tom Auto Photos 0 February 16th 07 06:44 PM
EPA mpg testing Pars Honda 1 April 16th 05 02:42 AM
testing..... sorry Mac VW air cooled 0 February 9th 05 08:12 AM
testing pakman0209 Audi 1 June 10th 04 07:04 PM