Who are the vendors now?

Old May 17th 09, 01:17 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Default Who are the vendors now?

< http://www.zip-corvette.com/ >
Old May 17th 09, 02:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

Default Ebay seat question>

"pj" > wrote in message ...

> If you don't see it on eBay, search for a
> similar item and pick up some names and
> addresses of possible sources. Texas seems to
> have a good number of Corvette salvage guys.

Speaking of Ebay. What year seats bolt into a 1968 cockpit?
I remember that somewhere along the line they redesigned the cockpit for
more legroom and that anything made before that year works.

Also, am I correct in remembering that a 1969 steering wheel is identical to
the 1968 but a smaller diamater?

Lastly, whats the best source for the 1968 small instument bezel? It's a
one off because of the pebble grain - and I like the pebble grain.
(figures).

-W

Old May 18th 09, 02:09 PM
Zip Corvette Zip Corvette is offline
Junior Member

Location: Mechanicsville, Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clams Canino View Post
"pj" > wrote in message ...

> If you don't see it on eBay, search for a
> similar item and pick up some names and
> addresses of possible sources. Texas seems to
> have a good number of Corvette salvage guys.

Speaking of Ebay. What year seats bolt into a 1968 cockpit?
I remember that somewhere along the line they redesigned the cockpit for
more legroom and that anything made before that year works.

Also, am I correct in remembering that a 1969 steering wheel is identical to
the 1968 but a smaller diamater?

Lastly, whats the best source for the 1968 small instument bezel? It's a
one off because of the pebble grain - and I like the pebble grain.
(figures).

-W
Only 68 and later seats will bolt in, all the way to 82.

The 69 steering wheel is different than a 68 in its depth, I don’t think the diameter is different. The column in a 68 is shorter and the wheel has more depth to make up the difference. If you install a 69 wheel which will bolt onto a 68 column, the steering wheel will be further away.

We sell the bezel you are looking for. But a 68 was not pebble grain, it was the only year they were smooth and not pebble grain (until the plastic bezels) http://www.zip-corvette.com/Zip/dept.asp?dept_id=1044

You can request a catalog on our website and we guarantee better customer service and quality of parts that anyone else listed above. Read our about us section on our website for more information about what we stand for.

And remember: Corvettes Are All We Do!
Old May 18th 09, 08:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

Default Zip Corvette

"Zip Corvette" > wrote in message

> Only 68 and later seats will bolt in, all the way to 82.

I could have wrorn there was a major cockpit change in the C3 in '77 or '78
that allowed for a slightly "bigger" seat - no??

> The 69 steering wheel is different than a 68 in its depth, I don't
> think the diameter is different. The column in a 68 is shorter and the
> wheel has more depth to make up the difference. If you install a 69
> wheel which will bolt onto a 68 column, the steering wheel will be
> further away.

OK thanks... I'll measure the diameter on mine after 6/13 and get back to
this part.

> We sell the bezel you are looking for. But a 68 was not pebble grain,
> it was the only year they were smooth and not pebble grain (until the
> plastic bezels) http://www.zip-corvette.com/Zip/dept.asp?dept_id=1044

OK on the bezel. I'll have to look at mine again. I have a very late '68
that came from the factory with some '69isms - like the dash wire harness
for one.

> You can request a catalog on our website and we guarantee better
> customer service and quality of parts that anyone else listed above.

I already did - thanks!!!

-W

Old May 19th 09, 04:21 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Zip Corvette" > wrote in message

> Clams Canino;1056211 Wrote:
>> "pj" > wrote in message
>> -
>> > If you don't see it on eBay, search for a
>> > similar item and pick up some names and
>> > addresses of possible sources. Texas seems to
>> > have a good number of Corvette salvage guys.-

>> Speaking of Ebay. What year seats bolt into a 1968 cockpit?
>> I remember that somewhere along the line they redesigned the
>> cockpit
>> for
>> more legroom and that anything made before that year works.
>>
>> Also, am I correct in remembering that a 1969 steering wheel is
>> identical to
>> the 1968 but a smaller diamater?
>>
>> Lastly, whats the best source for the 1968 small instument bezel?
>> It's
>> one off because of the pebble grain - and I like the pebble grain.
>> (figures).
>>
>> -W

> Only 68 and later seats will bolt in, all the way to 82.
>
> The 69 steering wheel is different than a 68 in its depth, I don’t
> think the diameter is different. The column in a 68 is shorter and
> the
> wheel has more depth to make up the difference. If you install a 69
> wheel which will bolt onto a 68 column, the steering wheel will be
> further away.
>
> We sell the bezel you are looking for. But a 68 was not pebble
> grain,
> it was the only year they were smooth and not pebble grain (until
> the
> plastic bezels)
> http://www.zip-corvette.com/Zip/dept.asp?dept_id=1044
>
> You can request a catalog on our website and we guarantee better
> customer service and quality of parts that anyone else listed above.
> Read our about us section on our website for more information about
> what we stand for.
>
> And remember: Corvettes Are All We Do!
>
> --
> Zip Corvette

Always good to see that the vendors are watching.

Just because I sometimes get out of touch by past bad experiences I
decided to recheck my reasons for shopping with Rik's Corvettes.

I have an intermitted electrical problem with my '64 and decided to
get a spare part for the road in case of a complete failure. Checked
Rik's price first, then ZIP + 13%, then Mid American Motorworks + 39%
but then thought I'd try my old standby, Rock Auto. In this case it is
a common parts maker and it was half the price of Rik's (AC Delco). In
other words the basic part from Rock Auto is 30% of the cost of Mid
American Motorworks part.

Here's the catch with Rock Auto, the shipping is set by where it is
shipped from and they have no warehouse and ship from suppliers. If
you order 3 parts and they all come from the same place the shipping
is bearably close to other vendors. If they would all come from a
different vendor the shipping is most likely more than the cost most
small parts.

After all that I would still consider ZIP but Mid American Motorworks,
not so much. Like GM they've out grown their usefulness with bad
pricing.

Here is a couple more that I've used.

http://www.vettebrakes.com/
http://www.docrebuild.com/

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old May 19th 09, 01:21 PM
Zip Corvette Zip Corvette is offline
Junior Member

Location: Mechanicsville, Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad[_1_] View Post

[...]

Thank you for still considering Zip as a source for your Corvette Parts. It is true that others in our industry have grown so big that they can't provide the service or pricing that us "small Corvette only" companies can.

As far as pricing....

Zip Products Low Price Guarantee:
Zip Products works hard to make sure our prices are competitive, but occasionally cheaper parts are available. If you find the same brand part or accessory advertised for a lower price with another supplier, we'll match their current price. Price must be published in a current magazine advertisement, catalog or website, and does not apply to closeouts or liquidations. Call 1-800-962-9632 for price match service. Don't sacrifice quality and customer service just for a few dollars. Give Zip a call.

No-Hassle Guarantee:
Since 1977, Zip Products has supplied Corvette parts and accessories to enthusiasts the world over. Then as now, packed into every shipment is our unparalleled commitment to customer service. Here at Zip, we believe a happy customer is a repeat customer. If you're not completely satisfied with any product for any reason, we'll promptly refund or exchange any purchase within 30 days. Contact Us and speak to a Zip sales representative for details.

We can provide you with a person on the other end of the phone that you can call by name everytime you need something for your Corvette. I'd like to see some of the bigger outfits do that.