1959 Bel Air versus 2009 Malibu - NMC but at least car-related

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 13th 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Tim M.

Default 1959 Bel Air versus 2009 Malibu - NMC but at least car-related

On Oct 13, 2:34*pm, XS11E > wrote:
> "Tim M." > wrote:
> > The 2009/2010 Chevy Malibu is a world class family car that beat
> > the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry heads-up in most comparison
> > tests; the first domestic car to do so since the original Taurus
> > in 1986. Maybe a boring car from an enthusiast's standpoint, but
> > certainly not junk!

> It's junk as are all Chevrolets. CR once rated all Chevy models from
> 1957 to current as unaceptable due to frequency of repair. *That was
> some years back but things haven't changed.
>
> "The 2010 Chevrolet Malibu reliability score of 5.0 out of 10 is the
> Predicted Reliability rating provided by J.D. Power and Associates."
>
> Pathetic. *
>
> http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...gs/Affordable-...
>
> Notice, as expected, the Chevy shows the LOWEST reliability score of
> all cars listed?

Consumer Reports, on the LT 4-cylinder and the LTZ 6-cylinder 2009
Malibu: "reliability of the 4-cylinder has been above average and the
V6 average."

Consumer Guide: "Chevy has taken Malibu from the realm of rental fleet
darling to a must-see Best Buy in this highly competitive segment.
This midsize sedan stands out for its refined powertrains, smart
interior design, and value pricing. We especially like the smooth,
quiet 4-cylinder engine and frugal Hybrid. Considering a Honda Accord
or Toyota Camry? Be sure to add Malibu to your test-drive list. "

Consumer guide awarded the highest placing mid-size sedan in the
entire market at 73 points. That would be the Chevy Malibu Hybrid.
The Malibu LS and LTX 4-cylinder models scored 69 points and the LTZ 6-
cylinder model scored 71 points. The class average was 63 points.

JD Powers lists the Chevy Malibu at 5 stars for Overall Mechanical
Quality; the Toyota Camry at 4.5 stars. The Malibu gets 4.5 stars
for powertrain.mechanical quality, the Camry gets 3.5 stars. The
Malibu gets 5 stars for body and interior quality - mechanical, the
Camry gets 4.5. In fact, in every JD Powers quality rating there
is, except interior design (styling), the Malibu outscores the Camry.

Doesn't sound like junk to me, nor does it sound "pathetic."

J vin versus 1 vin? alfred[_3_] Honda 2 November 22nd 07 05:56 PM
525 versus 530 bmoag BMW 6 February 28th 06 01:41 AM
CR-V -versus- Rav 4 fish Honda 21 December 19th 05 06:53 AM