Good low-key leagues?

Old April 30th 05, 02:00 AM

Default Good low-key leagues?

Just got 1.5mbit DSL to my house - now I'm interested in doing a bit
of online simracing.
Can anyone point me to a clearinghouse for info on leagues for slow,
more low key online racing? GPL/NR2k3+mods/GTR/F1C+mods/LFS - I like
them all.
Maybe more like a bit of track-day fun - I had a blast one time when I
had ISDN for a bit racing GPL, dicing with someone and each of us
slowing up and waiting for the other when either of us spun.

TIA!
Kendt

PS - heck with 1.5mbit and a spare AMD2000 box and multiple P3's, I may
start a slow-guys league of my own .

Old April 30th 05, 09:29 AM
Joao Gonzalez

" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Just got 1.5mbit DSL to my house - now I'm interested in doing a bit
> of online simracing.
> Can anyone point me to a clearinghouse for info on leagues for slow,
> more low key online racing? GPL/NR2k3+mods/GTR/F1C+mods/LFS - I like
> them all.
> Maybe more like a bit of track-day fun - I had a blast one time when I
> had ISDN for a bit racing GPL, dicing with someone and each of us
> slowing up and waiting for the other when either of us spun.
>
> TIA!
> Kendt
>
> PS - heck with 1.5mbit and a spare AMD2000 box and multiple P3's, I may
> start a slow-guys league of my own .

Check us out:

www.ntrl.us

We race N2003 Trans Am on Tuesdays and Cup on Thursdays. Qual starts at 5:30
PM EST. Good mix of drivers from the very fast to the rookies but a
friendly, relaxed environment. Races have 15-20 cars on track.

Old April 30th 05, 04:57 PM
Andi Cole

www.speedgeezers.com

--
Andi.

Remove only one zero to reply

Old April 30th 05, 06:53 PM
Rusty's Last Call

http://www.hemiviper.net/

ups.com...

Old May 2nd 05, 09:06 PM
Eldred Pickett

On 29 Apr 2005 18:00:26 -0700, "
> wrote:

>Just got 1.5mbit DSL to my house - now I'm interested in doing a bit
>of online simracing.
>Can anyone point me to a clearinghouse for info on leagues for slow,
>more low key online racing? GPL/NR2k3+mods/GTR/F1C+mods/LFS - I like
>them all.
>Maybe more like a bit of track-day fun - I had a blast one time when I
>had ISDN for a bit racing GPL, dicing with someone and each of us
>slowing up and waiting for the other when either of us spun.
>
>TIA!
>Kendt
>
>PS - heck with 1.5mbit and a spare AMD2000 box and multiple P3's, I may
>start a slow-guys league of my own .

Lou Magyar has a league that runs on Thursday evenings, 8:30 eastern
time. It's called LoPen - lemme see if I can find a website...

Hope this helps.

Eldred
Old May 2nd 05, 09:35 PM
mcewena

>Can anyone point me to a clearinghouse for info on leagues for slow,
>more low key online racing?
>I may start a slow-guys league of my own .

No need! The GPL Regulars sounds tailor made for you..

http://users.hfx.eastlink.ca/~mackaypenny/gplreg.html

We're just wrapping up season 11! We race normally 2 divisions, FV (F2
chassis F3 engine) and the F65 mod, although for the summer season we
may just run FV. After all these years we still perfer FV racing as
it gives more wheel to wheel dicing then any of the higher power
formats and rewards the patient/smooth. Our points formula is tailor
made for non-aliens among us and it's full of guys who would rather
dice then win by a lap. Thursday nights 7:30-9:00PM eastern

If NR mods are more your thing, try out sister league the TPTCC
Regulars http://www.geocities.com/bbyarker1/tccreg.html

Season 5 is just wrapping up and we race Sunday mornings 9:30-10:30
(non-F1 weekends).

Old May 4th 05, 08:41 PM
Larry

RASCAR is always looking for good drivers.

You don't have to be fast, just courteous and want to have a good time.

www.rascar.org.

-Larry

ups.com...