1996 Stratus blowing its fuse

Old December 9th 04, 07:05 AM
partsmore

Default 1996 Stratus blowing its fuse

96 Dodge Stratus 2.4l, a/t.... daily blowing the ign/start 20 amp mini
fuse. Doesnt blow it ever time your start it, and not always the first
time it is started. Alternator is charging and battery maintiancs good
voltage. Is the starter drawing too many amps, or is it the ignition
switch? How do I diagnois the two? The cables are clean. The car has
126K miles and has NEVER had a problem other than normal service and
repairs: IE shocks, tires. The battery is 18 months old.

Old December 9th 04, 06:28 PM
maxpower

its the starter blowing the fuse
lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 9th 04, 06:28 PM
maxpower

its the starter blowing the fuse
lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 13th 04, 07:33 PM
partsmore

voltage at starter 10.1 while starting

Old December 13th 04, 07:33 PM
partsmore

voltage at starter 10.1 while starting

Old December 13th 04, 08:53 PM
maxpower

There are 2 fuses that could blow on that causing a no start, ne will take
out the starter and the other one will take out the fuel pump, and the fuel
pump and starter are normally the reason, when you say no start do you mean
it cranks but wont start or wont crank? also there are 2 mires at the
starter, of course the big red one is direct battery and the , i forget the
color but the other is the solonoid, when the fuse blows for the starter, it
takes out the solonoid, And both fuses will blow on first start.
lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 13th 04, 08:53 PM
maxpower

There are 2 fuses that could blow on that causing a no start, ne will take
out the starter and the other one will take out the fuel pump, and the fuel
pump and starter are normally the reason, when you say no start do you mean
it cranks but wont start or wont crank? also there are 2 mires at the
starter, of course the big red one is direct battery and the , i forget the
color but the other is the solonoid, when the fuse blows for the starter, it
takes out the solonoid, And both fuses will blow on first start.
lkaboutautos.com...

Old November 21st 05, 05:33 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

My 1996 Dodge Stratus continues to blow fuses, the Ing.Fuel Starter 20 amp
fuse,I`ve swaped the relay from another relay, it doesn`t seem to have
fixed anything.It will start maybe twice then blow the fuse again. Can you
help me?

Old November 21st 05, 09:53 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"etj765" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> My 1996 Dodge Stratus continues to blow fuses, the Ing.Fuel Starter 20 amp
> fuse,I`ve swaped the relay from another relay, it doesn`t seem to have
> fixed anything.It will start maybe twice then blow the fuse again. Can you
> help me?

I would guess this is the 2.5 engine? and I would guess it only blows while
cranking and not when it is running? And if all my guesses are correct
........replace the starter

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

e34 short? blowing fuses Katcopter BMW 2 November 9th 04 04:07 PM
1996 Stratus Electrical Issues seeker2k Dodge 0 June 16th 04 08:23 PM
2000 Dodge Stratus Matt Smith Dodge 0 May 28th 04 03:56 PM