147 2.0 TS Lusso - Motor Control System Failure & dealer recommendations

Old September 1st 05, 07:29 PM
Tom

Default 147 2.0 TS Lusso - Motor Control System Failure & dealer recommendations

Hi

I have recently bought my first Alfa and am really pleased with it. I can
now stop looking enviously at them when they go by.

It's done 55K and I was starting to look into where to get it serviced, but
today while driving through town a warning light came on and a message as
follows:

"Motor Control System Failure"

The warning light glows steadily all the time now.

I have googled and found lots of different things from a wiring problem due
to it routing near the exhaust manifold to the engine not revving and
driving like the handbrake is on.

Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem and what caused it?

While it is being fixed they might as well service and change the cambelt
too.

Can you recommend an independent or dealer?

I live just outside Coventry. The ones I am looking at are PowerAlfa in
Daventry or Motorvogue in Northampton. Any good?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers
Tom

Old September 1st 05, 10:12 PM
ninja

Had this symptom a couple of weeks ago on my 156 2.4JTD, and it was a leak
in the pressure regulator hose apparently.

From what the garage said though, this warning can be a symptom of many
different problems....

Old September 1st 05, 10:19 PM
simon

I got this 36 miles after my 1.9 JTD was delivered.

Garage fixed it within 45 mins of getting it and said 'pinched fuel delivery
line'

SS

Old September 2nd 05, 08:49 AM
cupra

Tom wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have recently bought my first Alfa and am really pleased with it.
> I can now stop looking enviously at them when they go by.
>
> It's done 55K and I was starting to look into where to get it
> serviced, but today while driving through town a warning light came
> on and a message as follows:
>
> "Motor Control System Failure"
>
> The warning light glows steadily all the time now.
>
> I have googled and found lots of different things from a wiring
> problem due to it routing near the exhaust manifold to the engine not
> revving and driving like the handbrake is on.
>
> Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem and what caused it?
>
> While it is being fixed they might as well service and change the
> cambelt too.
>
> Can you recommend an independent or dealer?
>
> I live just outside Coventry. The ones I am looking at are PowerAlfa
> in Daventry or Motorvogue in Northampton. Any good?
>
> Any advice will be appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Tom

Can't help with the problem, but I have used Motorvogue (brought my 147
there) and have had good service in the past (dealer prices though!)

Old September 3rd 05, 01:53 PM
Peter Dunford

Tom

I had this intermitantly from the first day I got mine (s/h, 32000 miles). I
had it in the garage four times. First they thought it was earthing. That
cured it for a while. Then it reccurred.
I was also getting the ABS failure light coming on with it sometimes.

Last time it occured was over 9 months ago now, and it was a brake pedal
adjustment that cured it. I got the impression that they'd just been
informed the problem was, after 18 months!

See if that helps,

Regards
Peter

"Tom" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have recently bought my first Alfa and am really pleased with it. I can
> now stop looking enviously at them when they go by.
>
> It's done 55K and I was starting to look into where to get it serviced,
> but
> today while driving through town a warning light came on and a message as
> follows:
>
> "Motor Control System Failure"
>
> The warning light glows steadily all the time now.
>
> I have googled and found lots of different things from a wiring problem
> due
> to it routing near the exhaust manifold to the engine not revving and
> driving like the handbrake is on.
>
> Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem and what caused it?
>
> While it is being fixed they might as well service and change the cambelt
> too.
>
> Can you recommend an independent or dealer?
>
> I live just outside Coventry. The ones I am looking at are PowerAlfa in
> Daventry or Motorvogue in Northampton. Any good?
>
> Any advice will be appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Tom

LIDAR Trial this Week [email protected] Driving 17 April 9th 06 02:44 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
injection system failure john dude via CarKB.com Alfa Romeo 4 April 24th 05 11:35 PM
YOU CAN'T DRIVE TOO SLOW Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Driving 93 April 21st 05 10:34 AM
147 "Motor Control System Failure" - Problem Juan Tanameara Alfa Romeo 0 December 19th 04 08:40 PM