1987 Toyota Supra.

Old November 13th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
terry

Default 1987 Toyota Supra.

We have a 1987 straight six manual Supra. Dark blue.
It's completely drivable, complete, original and unmodified and
everything except AC is in working condition, but needs some but not
major body work to be fully restored . For example there is hole in the
spare tyre well in the trunk where water had tendency to collect. It
has been stored in dry area for several years.
We are retired and also have several other vehicles so it is surplus to
my needs.
Is there much of market for such a vehicle?
Terry

Old November 14th 06, 08:54 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

There is an accepted guideline to buying n old car:
Once you have selected the marque, style and other fixed details, buy
the best one you can afford. (An exception to this would be getting one
for a family project)
Bringing a car back to "like new" always cost more and takes longer
than people plan.
Yours does not seem to be that car.
Another purchase might be for an interesting drivable car that "isn't
too bad" to use as a daily driver, weekend fun car, or "just in case"
car, with no intention except to neaten it a bit, look good "from 50
feet at 50 MPH." Yours might fit in here, but an older one with modern
mechanical bitsa would offer a better deal - an "easy to work on, easy
to get parts for" Mark one Capri with little or no rust would beat your
car, with the exception of reliability.
Dark Blue makes bodywork more expensive and chjanging colour is
expensive, too.
You didn't mention driving history. Soemone who might be interested in
this would want top notch underpinnings. New struts all round, bushings
and so on.
Are syncros in box good? Do you hav all repair and MOT paperwork?
Be [repared for a lot of "lookers," but eventually the right one will
come around.
(If you do any metalwork, don't use plastic / glasfibre. Use metal, the
buyer might check with a magnet.

Good luck

Old November 15th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.antique

Yes, there is likely a market for it. I remember the car. Its value
going to depend some on its location. Where is it?