E-90 scheduled maintenance question.

Old July 2nd 06, 08:26 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jack Dotson

Default E-90 scheduled maintenance question.

I have a 2006 E90 that will be a year old in August, but I only have about
7,000 miles on her. If I'm reading the maintenance manual correctly I'm
only to bring the car in when the computer says it's time. On my it's
indicated July of 2007 from the beginning. Two years?

I don't like this computerized maintenance crap, I'd rather take it in on a
regular schedule. But, of course if I take it in off schedule it's on my
dime.

E90 owners am I reading this wrong? Please help.

Thanks.

Old July 2nd 06, 08:42 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tom K.

"Jack Dotson" > wrote in message
>I have a 2006 E90 that will be a year old in August, but I only have about
>7,000 miles on her. If I'm reading the maintenance manual correctly I'm
>only to bring the car in when the computer says it's time. On my it's
>indicated July of 2007 from the beginning. Two years?
>
> I don't like this computerized maintenance crap, I'd rather take it in on
> a regular schedule. But, of course if I take it in off schedule it's on
> my dime.
>
> E90 owners am I reading this wrong? Please help.
>
> Thanks.

Not certain about the E90, but on the E46 (and most other BMW models),
covered maintenance includes an oil/filter change after one year if mileage
doesn't warrant a full oil service.

Tom K.

Old July 2nd 06, 08:45 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

"Jack Dotson" > wrote in message
>I have a 2006 E90 that will be a year old in August, but I only have about
>7,000 miles on her. If I'm reading the maintenance manual correctly I'm
>only to bring the car in when the computer says it's time. On my it's
>indicated July of 2007 from the beginning. Two years?
>
> I don't like this computerized maintenance crap, I'd rather take it in on
> a regular schedule. But, of course if I take it in off schedule it's on
> my dime.
>
> E90 owners am I reading this wrong? Please help.
>
> Thanks.

I think it will call it in after a year anyway.

Old July 2nd 06, 09:13 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Tom K. > wrote:
> Not certain about the E90, but on the E46 (and most other BMW models),
> covered maintenance includes an oil/filter change after one year if
> mileage doesn't warrant a full oil service.

Think that's two years now.

--
*Young at heart -- slightly older in other places

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old July 3rd 06, 08:57 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
agh!

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article >,
> Tom K. > wrote:
> > Not certain about the E90, but on the E46 (and most other BMW models),
> > covered maintenance includes an oil/filter change after one year if
> > mileage doesn't warrant a full oil service.

> Think that's two years now.
>
> --
> *Young at heart -- slightly older in other places
>
> Dave Plowman London SW
> To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Strange one this because my E91 indicator gives me only 1 year, yet I
know of other E90/E91 owners who also say they have 2 years (or
mileage) on the indicator. When my year is close to being up I will
check with the dealer and see what the score is.

Old July 3rd 06, 09:15 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com>,
agh! > wrote:

> Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Tom K. > wrote:
> > > Not certain about the E90, but on the E46 (and most other BMW
> > > models), covered maintenance includes an oil/filter change after one
> > > year if mileage doesn't warrant a full oil service.

> > Think that's two years now.

> Strange one this because my E91 indicator gives me only 1 year, yet I
> know of other E90/E91 owners who also say they have 2 years (or
> mileage) on the indicator. When my year is close to being up I will
> check with the dealer and see what the score is.

The timed oil change mentioned is for cars doing a low mileage, and isn't
shown by the service indicator - or at least not on mine. Check handbook
for details.

--
*Never kick a cow pat on a hot day *

Old July 3rd 06, 10:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
John Carrier

BMW has a service bulletin to do the oil service every year (though I can't
swear it will apply to the E90), so even though you haven't tripped the
lights, you should be able to get an oil service/reset.

R / John

Old July 4th 06, 12:20 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
agh!

John Carrier wrote:
> BMW has a service bulletin to do the oil service every year (though I can't
> swear it will apply to the E90), so even though you haven't tripped the
> lights, you should be able to get an oil service/reset.
>
> R / John

I think the point we are making here is that the E90/E91 does not have
service indicator lights. On the OBC display on the dash board you get
a display of miles to go (in thousands) or date (e.g. Nov 2006) which
ever comes first for the next service. This comes up when your first
start the car or call it up using the OBC. Things have moved on a bit!
E90/E91 deisels will go for around 22,000 miles between oil services,
so most owners are interested in the timed services. The weird thing
is some E90/E91 show a timed service date 1 year after delivery, some
are showing 2 years after delivery. Bit of a mystery.