3 years free oil changes with Jeep purchase (read fine print)

Old January 29th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Skyslider

Default 3 years free oil changes with Jeep purchase (read fine print)

My dealer advertises 3 years of free oil changes on their website with
new vehicle purchase. Doing the math-you save substantial cash.
Sales manager claimed he knew nothing about it and said to bring in a
hard copy of ad.
I was then told that if I read the fine print it read "maximum of 6
free oil changes" Oh well, better than nothing. FYI

Skyslider
Old January 29th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Skyslider wrote:
> My dealer advertises 3 years of free oil changes on their website with
> new vehicle purchase. Doing the math-you save substantial cash.
> Sales manager claimed he knew nothing about it and said to bring in a
> hard copy of ad.
> I was then told that if I read the fine print it read "maximum of 6
> free oil changes" Oh well, better than nothing. FYI
>
> Skyslider

I learned really young that you had to read the hard to read parts
commonly called 'fine print' on everything.... Something like reading
the directions, eh.... ;-)

You have to figure they have to cover their ass. Some folks don't drive
a Jeep enough to get two oil changes a year, others can need one or more
a week.

Mike
'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com
Old January 30th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Skyslider

On Jan 29, 8:57 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> Skyslider wrote:
> > My dealer advertises 3 years of free oil changes on their website with
> > new vehicle purchase. Doing the math-you save substantial cash.
> > Sales manager claimed he knew nothing about it and said to bring in a
> > hard copy of ad.
> > I was then told that if I read the fine print it read "maximum of 6
> > free oil changes" Oh well, better than nothing. FYI

> > Skyslider

> I learned really young that you had to read the hard to read parts
> commonly called 'fine print' on everything.... Something like reading
> the directions, eh.... ;-)
>
> You have to figure they have to cover their ass. Some folks don't drive
> a Jeep enough to get two oil changes a year, others can need one or more
> a week.
>
> Mike
> 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
> Photos:http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com

Read..wha?
Mike....I'll have you know I am an 8th grade graduate, and those were
the greatest 3 years of my life.

Skyslider
Old January 30th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Pink Freud®©

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:06:04 -0800, Skyslider wrote:

> On Jan 29, 8:57 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
>> Skyslider wrote:
>> > My dealer advertises 3 years of free oil changes on their website with
>> > new vehicle purchase. Doing the math-you save substantial cash.
>> > Sales manager claimed he knew nothing about it and said to bring in a
>> > hard copy of ad.
>> > I was then told that if I read the fine print it read "maximum of 6
>> > free oil changes" Oh well, better than nothing. FYI

>> > Skyslider

>> I learned really young that you had to read the hard to read parts
>> commonly called 'fine print' on everything.... Something like reading
>> the directions, eh.... ;-)
>>
>> You have to figure they have to cover their ass. Some folks don't drive
>> a Jeep enough to get two oil changes a year, others can need one or more
>> a week.
>>
>> Mike
>> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
>> 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
>> Photos:http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com

> Read..wha?
> Mike....I'll have you know I am an 8th grade graduate, and those were
> the greatest 3 years of my life.
>
> Skyslider

Remember, as singer Tom Waits said, "The large print giveth, and the small
print taketh away....."

--
"The Internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it".