More power to the police in high speed pursuit

Old May 6th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

Default More power to the police in high speed pursuit

In article >, CobraJet wrote:

> I want to control your mind, Brent. I want you to understand that
> you are trapped in a world that has no utopia.

Gee, had that already, thanks.

> There is nowhere to go.

Yes, because only in the USA is personal liberty even supposed to be
respected.

> You are amongst the grovelling minions who MUST do what I and those
> like me say.

Um. no.

> Close your eyes and see us both at the playground, Bret.

You can't even cut and paste my name properly.

> I tower over you,

Doubtful. I've been the tallest since I started school. If you're taller
than me, you should consider a career in the NBA.

> and I laugh when I make you pull down your shorts and
> sit on the hot metal slide. I won't let you up until I'm done kicking
> sand in your face. Feel it, Brent? Hot, stinging sand. In your eyes, in
> your mouth, in your nose. I'm laughing, Bret, because there are just so
> many like you that must do as I say and there is no end to my
> enjoyment. Your tears run a trail through the dust on your face and
> drop onto a lap devoid of the hair of man. Tis a wonderful day, the
> sobbing and choking and the stench of seared flesh.

Blah blah blah blah blah. So at least you admit it. Now you can seek
treatment. Until then, you're just another insecure asshole behind a
keyboard who can't even use his own name.

You're good at making up bull****, BTW, who's bret?

> It's there forever. In your mind, right up front. It itches from
> inside. You can feel it eating away at you even when you try not to
> think about it. It has substance. It has aggression. It was meant to
> devour. You cannot ever be at peace with that picture in your head.
> When you wake up, you taste the playground grit in your teeth. You pick
> at the pus-filled scabs on your buttocks. You've got to kill it, Bret.
> You can't be happy until you stop it from eating away at you. But how?
> It's inside your head. You need to stab it, over and over. YOU are the
> boss and you won't have this thing festering in you any more.

tisk tisk... well at least you're showing the world once again the
asshole that you are. Who's Bret btw?

> That's it, stab it. You have an ice pick in the kitchen, don't you,
> Bret? I'm in your head; the only way out is to kill me. Think of it. No
> more laughing at your pitiful existence. You can free yourself.
> Freedom. You want it. You deserve it. No, it is your right.
> Go get the ice pick, Bret. Go get it now.

Who's Bret?

Anyway I can understand through all this projection what you feel. Your
insecurities. That inability to grasp the simple concepts that has dogged
you since the day you started school. Such a small mind. You just can't
grasp anything more than force and punishment.

You're a low vibration, an ape with the ability to type. Hell, that's
probably an insult to an ape.

You don't understand things so you need others to make decisions for you,
make rules for you. Punish you when you don't obey. That's why you speak
of coming into work on time, because you didn't have the brains to get to
a point where you could have a job that wasn't about punching in on time.
Those menial jobs the school bullies always ended up with. Well, the ones
that didn't become cops where they could put their bullying skills to a
profession.

Oh well... this has grown tiresome, and you're a waste of time because
you, like your buddy spike just don't have the mental ability to grasp
the basic concepts.

Google 85th percentile method, read MUTCD... if it's not too far beyond
you, maybe you might be able to learn and improve your condition.

Old May 7th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
CobraJet[_2_]

In article >, Brent P
> [...]

> > devour. You cannot ever be at peace with that picture in your head.
> > When you wake up, you taste the playground grit in your teeth. You pick
> > at the pus-filled scabs on your buttocks. You've got to kill it, Bret.
> > You can't be happy until you stop it from eating away at you. But how?
> > It's inside your head. You need to stab it, over and over. YOU are the
> > boss and you won't have this thing festering in you any more.

> tisk tisk... well at least you're showing the world once again the
> asshole that you are. Who's Bret btw?
>
> > That's it, stab it. You have an ice pick in the kitchen, don't you,
> > Bret? I'm in your head; the only way out is to kill me. Think of it. No
> > more laughing at your pitiful existence. You can free yourself.
> > Freedom. You want it. You deserve it. No, it is your right.
> > Go get the ice pick, Bret. Go get it now.

That's my name for you. Don't question it.

> Anyway I can understand through all this projection what you feel. Your
> insecurities. That inability to grasp the simple concepts that has dogged
> you since the day you started school. Such a small mind. You just can't
> grasp anything more than force and punishment.

Why ruin a good thing? If it works for lab rats, it'll work for you.

> You're a low vibration, an ape with the ability to type. Hell, that's
> probably an insult to an ape.

See, you're stuck on that playground.

> You don't understand things so you need others to make decisions for you,
> make rules for you. Punish you when you don't obey. That's why you speak
> of coming into work on time, because you didn't have the brains to get to
> a point where you could have a job that wasn't about punching in on time.
> Those menial jobs the school bullies always ended up with. Well, the ones
> that didn't become cops where they could put their bullying skills to a
> profession.
>
> Oh well... this has grown tiresome, and you're a waste of time because
> you, like your buddy spike just don't have the mental ability to grasp
> the basic concepts.

The essence of paranoia is the belief that your viewpoint negates
virtually every other one that does not coincide. Take away that
condition and suddenly you lack validation as a consummate whiner.

> Google 85th percentile method, read MUTCD... if it's not too far beyond
> you, maybe you might be able to learn and improve your condition.

LOL! You are way too easy.

Hey, since you think you're so smart <guffaw>, why don't YOU write
down your idea of a great place for you to live, Bret? Then, do some
research and see what place on Earth matches it. Here's a hint: you
better find somewhere, otherwise that ice pick is going to be your only
choice.

Shake the sand out of your undies and get crackin'!

--
CobraJet
Old May 7th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Sun, 06 May 2007 16:46:54 -0500,
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article >, CobraJet wrote:
>
>> I want to control your mind, Brent. I want you to understand that
>> you are trapped in a world that has no utopia.

>Gee, had that already, thanks.
>
>> There is nowhere to go.

>Yes, because only in the USA is personal liberty even supposed to be
>respected.

Again "wrongo". So little you know of the world.

>> You are amongst the grovelling minions who MUST do what I and those
>> like me say.

>Um. no.
>
>> Close your eyes and see us both at the playground, Bret.

>You can't even cut and paste my name properly.
>
>> I tower over you,

>Doubtful. I've been the tallest since I started school. If you're taller
>than me, you should consider a career in the NBA.
>
>> and I laugh when I make you pull down your shorts and
>> sit on the hot metal slide. I won't let you up until I'm done kicking
>> sand in your face. Feel it, Brent? Hot, stinging sand. In your eyes, in
>> your mouth, in your nose. I'm laughing, Bret, because there are just so
>> many like you that must do as I say and there is no end to my
>> enjoyment. Your tears run a trail through the dust on your face and
>> drop onto a lap devoid of the hair of man. Tis a wonderful day, the
>> sobbing and choking and the stench of seared flesh.

>Blah blah blah blah blah. So at least you admit it. Now you can seek
>treatment. Until then, you're just another insecure asshole behind a
>keyboard who can't even use his own name.
>
>> You will see this picture every time you encounter authority, Bret.
>> From the cop who demands your license to your boss who demands you show
>> up on time to the cashier who demands you pay for your groceries. They
>> all put you in your place. Bottom rung. Servile. We are all out to feel
>> empowered by the whimpering that emanates from clenched lips. The
>> picture will always be there. Hot sand, shorts at your ankles, yellow
>> puddle.

>You're good at making up bull****, BTW, who's bret?
>
>> It's there forever. In your mind, right up front. It itches from
>> inside. You can feel it eating away at you even when you try not to
>> think about it. It has substance. It has aggression. It was meant to
>> devour. You cannot ever be at peace with that picture in your head.
>> When you wake up, you taste the playground grit in your teeth. You pick
>> at the pus-filled scabs on your buttocks. You've got to kill it, Bret.
>> You can't be happy until you stop it from eating away at you. But how?
>> It's inside your head. You need to stab it, over and over. YOU are the
>> boss and you won't have this thing festering in you any more.

>tisk tisk... well at least you're showing the world once again the
>asshole that you are. Who's Bret btw?

Perhaps it's better to be an asshole than a whole ass...

Old May 7th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Sun, 06 May 2007 16:33:40 -0500,
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article >, Spike wrote:
>
>> Sometimes it's nice to get into these discussions with you, but in the
>> end, it becomes boring because you are right and the rest of the world
>> is wrong.

>Strawman.
>
>> EVERY society needs structure and controls. Even the most
>> basic society in the Amazon jungle has them. It's what makes it
>> possible to get along with their neighbors.

>Strawman.
>
>> But you want no
>> restrictions placed on anything which involves you.

>Strawman.
>
>> It's all about
>> "you". I have a 3 year old granddaughter who is the same way. She even
>> resorts to the same kind of response as the one you just gave (above).
>> At 3 she knows it all and is smarter than everyone else. I think the
>> difference is that she will grow up and see reality.

>Strawman.
>
>When you actually understand what I wrote, let me know.

Nobody understands what you wrote EXCEPT you... although a good shrink
might be able to interpret your concepts. Might even make something
out of the fact that your only responses were to repeatedly say
"strawman". Might as well have said 'neener neener neener'... or like
the kid on the playground... 'you... you... you... that's what you
are!'. Considering that the world is not going to change for you, I
hope the meds work for you.
Old May 7th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Spike wrote:

> Nobody understands what you wrote EXCEPT you...

Guess you missed the post where someone else tried to explain it to you.

> although a good shrink
> might be able to interpret your concepts. Might even make something
> out of the fact that your only responses were to repeatedly say
> "strawman". Might as well have said 'neener neener neener'... or like
> the kid on the playground... 'you... you... you... that's what you
> are!'. Considering that the world is not going to change for you, I
> hope the meds work for you.

When you don't have facts, use insults.

It's not my fault that you have the intelligence of a dog and only
understand orders, rules, and punishment. Google up 85th percentile
method. Google up the MUTCD. These are actually codified into many state
laws as requirements to follow. However government often does not follow the
law.

Silly me, I just want the speed limits to be set by an accepted engineering
practice that uses real world data as required by law.

You just want people to follow orders. You don't care if those orders
make sense, you don't even care if they are lawful, you don't even care
if the majority of people refuse to. To you, it's just a question of
obedence of authority. Sad.

Old May 8th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Brent P" > wrote in message

> You just want people to follow orders. You don't care if those orders
> make sense, you don't even care if they are lawful, you don't even care
> if the majority of people refuse to. To you, it's just a question of
> obedence of authority. Sad.

So many others have tried and failed, maybe it's my turn...

Once again, you're missing the point. That point being reality.

Preach all you want about how things "should" be (irrelevant to the
discussion), but at the end of the day you still come up against reality.

SHOULD speed limits be readdressed? Sure.
SHOULD the majority determine what those speeds should be? Not necessarily,
but probably better than an arbitrary number.

But... oh, there's that reality again.

Speed limits are posted. In paint. Not like a temporary road sign that can
change from one minute to the next, but painted.

You can look at that big 55 and grumble all day, but it's still going to
read 55.

And here's the deal - we all KNOW that it's 55 and a lot of us choose to
exceed that limit. A lot of us. Doesn't make it legal, doesn't give me any
grounds to contest a speeding ticket if I get one. We know the game, and if
we choose to play and lose, that's just too bad.

EVERY CAR ON THE HIGHWAY could be doing 75mph, but if YOU get singled out of
the herd and pulled over for speeding, that's on you.

Now go back to your preaching. Or make a donation to an organization that
aims to change the reality. Better yet, run for public office and see if you
can change things yourself. Hell, I'll make a small donation to YOUR
campaign.

Me? My driving record is clean and clear. And, no, I don't always adhere to
the speed limit. And on those days, years ago, when I DID get a speeding
ticket, I didn't complain. I knew the rules, I knew the risks. I lost the
game that day.

Come to think of it... how do I know that I want YOU going faster than 55,
anyway? We all know what a joke drivers' tests are in this country.

dwight

Old May 8th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Mon, 07 May 2007 15:58:11 -0500,
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article >, Spike wrote:
>
>> Nobody understands what you wrote EXCEPT you...

>Guess you missed the post where someone else tried to explain it to you.
>
>> although a good shrink
>> might be able to interpret your concepts. Might even make something
>> out of the fact that your only responses were to repeatedly say
>> "strawman". Might as well have said 'neener neener neener'... or like
>> the kid on the playground... 'you... you... you... that's what you
>> are!'. Considering that the world is not going to change for you, I
>> hope the meds work for you.

>When you don't have facts, use insults.
>
>It's not my fault that you have the intelligence of a dog and only
>understand orders, rules, and punishment. Google up 85th percentile
>method. Google up the MUTCD. These are actually codified into many state
>laws as requirements to follow. However government often does not follow the
>law.
>
>Silly me, I just want the speed limits to be set by an accepted engineering
>practice that uses real world data as required by law.
>
>You just want people to follow orders. You don't care if those orders
>make sense, you don't even care if they are lawful, you don't even care
>if the majority of people refuse to. To you, it's just a question of
>obedence of authority. Sad.

Actually, BrentP, I do not care if you follow the rules of society or
not. That's your choice. What I do care about is all the inncoent
people who may ride with you, or share the road with you. Those are
the people who end up suffering due to the arrogance of people like
you. You think you know more and know better than evceryone else. That
kind of attitude leads to accidents. While you may avoid the accident,
it may just be your conduct which causes it. And it's the cops,
firemen, ambulance crews, etc who have to clean up the mess you may
have made. But your attitude will probably be, that they should not
have been allowed on the road... that it is their fault they didn't
know you were right and they were wrong. And I will feel sorry for
them, but I will pity you.
Old May 8th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Mon, 7 May 2007 20:03:51 -0400, "dwight" >
wrote:

>"Brent P" > wrote in message
>>
>> You just want people to follow orders. You don't care if those orders
>> make sense, you don't even care if they are lawful, you don't even care
>> if the majority of people refuse to. To you, it's just a question of
>> obedence of authority. Sad.

>So many others have tried and failed, maybe it's my turn...
>
>Once again, you're missing the point. That point being reality.
>
>Preach all you want about how things "should" be (irrelevant to the
>discussion), but at the end of the day you still come up against reality.
>
>SHOULD speed limits be readdressed? Sure.
>SHOULD the majority determine what those speeds should be? Not necessarily,
>but probably better than an arbitrary number.
>
>But... oh, there's that reality again.
>
>Speed limits are posted. In paint. Not like a temporary road sign that can
>change from one minute to the next, but painted.
>
>You can look at that big 55 and grumble all day, but it's still going to
>read 55.
>
>And here's the deal - we all KNOW that it's 55 and a lot of us choose to
>exceed that limit. A lot of us. Doesn't make it legal, doesn't give me any
>grounds to contest a speeding ticket if I get one. We know the game, and if
>we choose to play and lose, that's just too bad.
>
>EVERY CAR ON THE HIGHWAY could be doing 75mph, but if YOU get singled out of
>the herd and pulled over for speeding, that's on you.
>
>Now go back to your preaching. Or make a donation to an organization that
>aims to change the reality. Better yet, run for public office and see if you
>can change things yourself. Hell, I'll make a small donation to YOUR
>campaign.
>
>Me? My driving record is clean and clear. And, no, I don't always adhere to
>the speed limit. And on those days, years ago, when I DID get a speeding
>ticket, I didn't complain. I knew the rules, I knew the risks. I lost the
>game that day.
>
>Come to think of it... how do I know that I want YOU going faster than 55,
>anyway? We all know what a joke drivers' tests are in this country.
>
>dwight

Well put Dwight. Proably won't do any good, but a good try.
Old May 8th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, dwight wrote:
> "Brent P" > wrote in message
>>
>> You just want people to follow orders. You don't care if those orders
>> make sense, you don't even care if they are lawful, you don't even care
>> if the majority of people refuse to. To you, it's just a question of
>> obedence of authority. Sad.

> So many others have tried and failed, maybe it's my turn...

> Once again, you're missing the point. That point being reality.

The 85th precentile works wonderfully in reality. Actually, speed
derestricted interstates work extremely well in reality. I've driven some
of them.

> Preach all you want about how things "should" be (irrelevant to the
> discussion), but at the end of the day you still come up against reality.

Why don't you get on a plane to Germany, rent a car and drive around on
/// autobahn and even speed limited autobahn and surface streets for
awhile. After you do that excerise, get back to me about reality.

> SHOULD speed limits be readdressed? Sure.
> SHOULD the majority determine what those speeds should be? Not necessarily,
> but probably better than an arbitrary number.
> But... oh, there's that reality again.

Reality... you mean the reality where people ignore the posted speed
limit and drive an appropiate speed for the road anyway? What's wrong
with making reality legal? It's the underposted speed limit that's
denying reality.

> Speed limits are posted. In paint. Not like a temporary road sign that can
> change from one minute to the next, but painted.
> You can look at that big 55 and grumble all day, but it's still going to
> read 55.

Yet it doesn't reflect the reality of the road. People are driving 75+mph
day in and day out without issue. And not just some people nearly all of
them. In fact, the percentage driving that 55mph posted speed limit or
less is statistically no different from zero in free flowing traffic. Even
blue haired old ladies are exceeding it with good margin in their buicks.
Some of them might think it's still 1968 and the speed limit is 75....

> And here's the deal - we all KNOW that it's 55 and a lot of us choose to
> exceed that limit. A lot of us. Doesn't make it legal, doesn't give me any
> grounds to contest a speeding ticket if I get one. We know the game, and if
> we choose to play and lose, that's just too bad.

So you accept the premise of the 'game'. A game of roadside taxation. It
doesn't bother you that you have a choice of increasing your risk of a
collision while decreasing your risk of a ticket or increasing your risk
of a ticket but decreasing your risk of a collision. You just accept it.
That's apathy.

> EVERY CAR ON THE HIGHWAY could be doing 75mph, but if YOU get singled out of
> the herd and pulled over for speeding, that's on you.

Here's a big hint for you, I am not whining about a speeding ticket.
Haven't had a speeding ticket in YEARS.

The fact is, by defining nearly everyone as a violator, it creates more
_SAFETY_ problems, not less, than just setting the speed limit
appropiately. Of of those safety issues being pulling people over for
road side taxation may cause someone to make poor decisions that
otherwise wouldn't be made. It just turned someone who was driving in
quite an ordinary and acceptably safe manner into a hazard.

> Now go back to your preaching. Or make a donation to an organization that
> aims to change the reality. Better yet, run for public office and see if you
> can change things yourself. Hell, I'll make a small donation to YOUR
> campaign.

Here we go again... the 'run for office' routine. Which side of the
effective single party do you think will take me? What law am I going to
change exactly? Well I suppose in IL there is that old NMSL speed cap
law... but that's about all there is. It's already the law that local and
state governments follow the MUTCD. Most of what I want -already IS law-,
government simply doesn't follow it. But since apathetic types like you
won't fight tickets that are illegal under the law, it just stands and
the system rolls on. They put up red light cameras on intersections with
underlying problems that don't comply with the MUTCD, shorten the yellow
timing even further, making the intersection's traffic control devices
clearly out of compliance with the law that demands the MUTCD be followed
and you just shrug your shoulders, 'that's the game, law is the law'.

They are preying upon your ignorance, the collective ignorance of the
people. I am trying to give you an education... but no... you embrace the
ignorance. You like being fleeced. Even if the RLC doesn't get you, when
you slam on the brakes because of that short yellow and someon rear ends
you, you're still fleeced.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/04/430.asp

> Me? My driving record is clean and clear. And, no, I don't always adhere to
> the speed limit. And on those days, years ago, when I DID get a speeding
> ticket, I didn't complain. I knew the rules, I knew the risks. I lost the
> game that day.

I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT A SPEEDING TICKET. Are you just clueless? You
want to play to game. I don't think I should have to choose between my
safety and being singled out for a ticket. He
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov//////tfhrc/s...mages/fig1.gif
http://www.sha.state.md.us/images/85thchart.gif

Notice, those are -government- websites. Even they know that driving a
couple standard deviations below the mean speed is dangerous, yet it's
often what one has to do to be legal. And you don't have a problem with
it.... it's just the game...

> Come to think of it... how do I know that I want YOU going faster than 55,
> anyway? We all know what a joke drivers' tests are in this country.

You don't get it either. Are you all trained like dogs? You just think
the whole thing is about the 'system' and obedence to it? Are you that
clueless? Why isn't the government following the law? Isn't there any
outrage about the government not following the vehicle code that in many
states mandates following the MUTCD or even goes a step further codifying
speed studies and the 85th percentile method into the law itself rather
than just relying on it from the MUTCD? Why is that we must obey the law
but the government doesn't?

Is that another point of your apathy? Where you just accept a lawless
government because that's reality? How much lawlessness are you going to
accept? How long are you going to just sit there before you have some
degree of outrage at something? The violations of the vehicle code is just
the tip of this iceberg of the things governments in the USA do that are
against the law and probably some of the most minor. So, since you accept
that, where's your limit?

Maybe some day you're off to buy to your dream mustang and the buyer only
takes cash.... you get pulled over... maybe you didn't even do anything
wrong... or maybe it's just one of those checkpoints. The cops want to
search your car and since you're a good citizen with nothing to hide you
let them. They find the cash and take it as illegal drug proceeds. They
don't charge you with anything, they just take the cash. That's the law
these days.... You can mount a legal fight to get your cash back and
accept the costs as part of 'the game'... or do you just shrug your
shoulders and go 'oh well, that's reality'?

Old May 8th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Spike wrote:

> Actually, BrentP, I do not care if you follow the rules of society or
> not. That's your choice. What I do care about is all the inncoent
> people who may ride with you, or share the road with you. Those are
> the people who end up suffering due to the arrogance of people like
> you.

How is it do you think how I drive that endangers anyone, and what is your
evidence of that?

> You think you know more and know better than evceryone else.

How do you figure? Because I've researched the topic of how to set a
speed limit properly? Well those other people may not have read the
studies, but they are already driving the speed I think the speed limit
should be posted. My presence on most roads might slow them down for a
bit as I am driving the posted limit. Their tailgating certainly does
cause a danger, but I cannot control that without being violation of the
speed limit. There are certainly dangers caused by my legal driving,
because the posted speed limit and those who decided upon it are so out
of touch with reality, but you've been saying I should obey the posted
speed limit....

> That kind of attitude leads to accidents.

What driving behavior do you think I do that will lead to an accident?
Driving the posted speed limit is the only one I can think of. It's like
being a big rock in the river. But if I exceeded the posted speed limit
like practically everyone else, then I wouldn't be obeying it, as you
think I should. So which is it? Do I obey the posted limit and be a
hazard or disobey and not be? Make up your mind already.

> While you may avoid the accident,
> it may just be your conduct which causes it. And it's the cops,
> firemen, ambulance crews, etc who have to clean up the mess you may
> have made. But your attitude will probably be, that they should not
> have been allowed on the road... that it is their fault they didn't
> know you were right and they were wrong. And I will feel sorry for
> them, but I will pity you.

You have a flare for making stuff up. Where's your evidence? Oh that's
it, you don't have any. You have to make up all these wild accusations
because you just cannot accept the fact the government is not following
the law, not following safest and best practice.