Any one played Michael Schumacher World Tour Kart?

Old December 29th 05, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Any one played Michael Schumacher World Tour Kart?

Hello,

I'm just wondering if any one has played Michael Schumacher World Tour
Kart?

http://www.atari.com.au/games/overview.do?id=429

I have Super 1 Karting how does it compare to that?

Thanks
Cordova
Old December 29th 05, 09:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> Hello,
>
> I'm just wondering if any one has played Michael Schumacher World Tour
> Kart?
>
> http://www.atari.com.au/games/overview.do?id=429
>
> I have Super 1 Karting how does it compare to that?

It's possibly not quite as serious as S1K but in many ways it's a good kart
game/sim. If you can find it cheap it's definitely worth getting. There
was even talk of a sequel at one stage but I'm not sure if it's been
released yet. My only real gripe with MS WTK is the lack of multiplayer.

Old December 30th 05, 06:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Steve Simpson" > wrote in :

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm just wondering if any one has played Michael Schumacher World Tour
>> Kart?
>>
>> http://www.atari.com.au/games/overview.do?id=429
>>
>> I have Super 1 Karting how does it compare to that?

> It's possibly not quite as serious as S1K but in many ways it's a good

kart
> game/sim. If you can find it cheap it's definitely worth getting. There
> was even talk of a sequel at one stage but I'm not sure if it's been
> released yet. My only real gripe with MS WTK is the lack of multiplayer.

It's fairly cheap, this one supports LAN for up to 10 players, and
according to the website: "Online gaming with community and top player
list" I don't know if they mean actual online racing or just posting of top
times/rankings to the website.

So it might actually be the sequel it was released here (Australia) last
month, but it looks like it might be a rerelease on a budget label. The
minimum system specs on the box stated 400Mhz but 10tacle's website states
1Ghz.

Also you mention that "it's a good kart game/sim" would it be closer to a
sim than a game or more game like.

Thanks

Cordova
Old December 30th 05, 07:33 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Cordova > wrote in news:43b4cf3c$0$4159$5a62ac22@per-
qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:
> It's fairly cheap, this one supports LAN for up to 10 players, and
> according to the website: "Online gaming with community and top player
> list" I don't know if they mean actual online racing or just posting of

top
> times/rankings to the website.
>
> So it might actually be the sequel it was released here (Australia) last
> month, but it looks like it might be a rerelease on a budget label. The
> minimum system specs on the box stated 400Mhz but 10tacle's website

states
> 1Ghz.
>
> Also you mention that "it's a good kart game/sim" would it be closer to a
> sim than a game or more game like.
>
> Thanks
>
> Cordova

Also I've been looking but haven't been able to find an answer if this game
uses Starforce. Not wanting to spark debate as it's alive and well in the
GTR thread, if it does use Starforce that would be a dealbreaker for me.

Thanks

Cordova
Old December 30th 05, 09:26 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> I'm just wondering if any one has played Michael Schumacher World Tour
> Kart?
>
> http://www.atari.com.au/games/overview.do?id=429
>
> I have Super 1 Karting how does it compare to that?

It's a good game but easily completed if you are a serious sim player. Super
1 Karting is far more sim like .
There was a sequel but I found the settings more than a little wierd, to say
the least. One track was set around a Japanese warehouse with dead whales
all over the place !!!!

Old December 30th 05, 12:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> Also I've been looking but haven't been able to find an answer if this
> game
> uses Starforce. Not wanting to spark debate as it's alive and well in the
> GTR thread, if it does use Starforce that would be a dealbreaker for me.

It doesn't use (the able to be uninstalled in less than 2 seconds) Starforce
and yeah the online aspect is basically a world rankings site. Still pretty
cool though. I'd say it leans towards being a simulation but it's not a
super hardcore physics model.

Old December 30th 05, 12:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"redTed" > wrote in news:43b4fd53$0$6689$8fcfb975
@news.wanadoo.fr:

>> I'm just wondering if any one has played Michael Schumacher World Tour
>> Kart?
>>
>> http://www.atari.com.au/games/overview.do?id=429
>>
>> I have Super 1 Karting how does it compare to that?

> It's a good game but easily completed if you are a serious sim player.

Super
> 1 Karting is far more sim like .
> There was a sequel but I found the settings more than a little wierd, to

say
> the least. One track was set around a Japanese warehouse with dead whales
> all over the place !!!!

I think I'll stick with Super 1 Karting then, I was hoping that it would
perhaps be an improvement over Super 1 Karting as it's a newer product it
would take advantage of more modern hardware but if it's more arcade than
sim then I'll give it a miss. It's sounds almost worth getting for the
Greenpeace designed circuit though )

Thanks

Cordova
Old December 30th 05, 12:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Steve Simpson" > wrote in news:43b527d2$1
@quokka.wn.com.au:

> It doesn't use (the able to be uninstalled in less than 2 seconds)

Starforce
> and yeah the online aspect is basically a world rankings site. Still

pretty
> cool though. I'd say it leans towards being a simulation but it's not

> super hardcore physics model.

Thanks Steve and redTed for all your help.

With regards to Starforce I haven't really had any major problems with it
(apart from the GT Legends demo which was fixed with an update) I just
prefer less invasive forms of copy protection that don't need to install
anything on my computer, and don't take up system resources I'd rather
have being assigned to the game. It's just a personal thing.

Once again Thank you both for your help.

Cordova