Fuel line leak at fuel rail

Old May 8th 05, 02:16 AM

Default Fuel line leak at fuel rail

97 Chevy Lumina 3.1 V6.

Does anyone know if there is any sort of o-ring or something where the
fuel line connects to the fuel rail? I just finished putting new heads
on my car and after putting it back together I am getting gas shooting
out of the line between the fitting and the line itself. I have
removed the line several times and reinstalled it and tightened it as
tight as possible but it still leaks. Again, the leak is between the
fitting and the line so it appears that the fitting installed correctly
and tight enough.

Please help

Ngpost1

Old May 8th 05, 12:49 PM
pater

You lost the o-ring in the process of the job. Make sure it isn't in
the female end of things all crooked or something causing your leak. If
not, it's gone. Get a new one, put it on, screw the line nut on (for
the last time), have a nice day.

Old May 9th 05, 01:33 AM

That's exactly what it was.

Thanks for your help.