THE Problem With 5.0 Mustangs

Old January 23rd 05, 12:45 AM
Ike

Nosey wrote:
>>I could line up all you'r dumn asses chain 'em together and drag them
>>down teh road sideways in my F-250 Corn-binder. Whatever idot first
>>said the words "Mopar" and "truck" in the same breath must have
>>laughed his ass off. F'n scrap metal.

> F-250 Corn-binder? I'd probably be driving a F-250 today but an arrogant
> salesman wouldn't sell me one. I've had a few Ford trucks, and I liked them
> all. The most recent was a '91 F-150 4X4 supercab that I bought new and kept
> for 8 trouble free years. The only "problems" that I had with it was the 5.0
> wasn't powerful enough for towing, and the payload was too light. When I
> bought that one I wanted a 3/4 ton, but I let the salesman talk me into a
> half-ton. Letting a salesman sell me what he has instead of buying what I
> want is a mistake I will never make again. When I decided to get a new truck
> in '99 I looked on the Ford lot first. The salesman immediately ****ed me
> off. He didn't have any 3/4 ton 4X4 supercab diesels on the lot so he kept
> trying to talk me into another F-150. Instead of trying to find the truck
> that I wanted, he tried to convince me that I didn't want a 3/4 ton diesel.
> I hate it when people try to tell me what I want and don't want. When my '99
> Ram 2500 4X4 is worn out I will consider another Ford, but it may be a very
> long time before I'm truck shopping again. In the past 5 years I've only put
> 60,000 miles on the Cummins. At that rate it won't be due for it's first
> engine rebuild for another 20 years. Do they make them Calvin stickers
> peeing on Ford salesmen?

Mine's an '01 Superduty F-250 Supercab, Powerstroke 7.3L with the
automatic. It has an International sticker on the valve cover- That's
the reason for the "Cornbinder" joke.

Agree about the jerk of a salesman- trying to sell F-150's is for a
bigger commission and that "best selling truck" ad spiel. You should
have walked. They had an abundance of diesels the year I was looking,
and at the end of the model year to boot- so the salesman didn't give me
any guff. Made a pretty good deal on the truck and financing, as well.

It has 66,000 on it. Runs great(Turbo/intercooler). And it beats the
mileage of all the gas motors- F-150 or Superduty. I get an average of
17mpg with a habitually heavy foot, and a couple small mountains between
home and work. Pulls anything I've hooked behind it much better than the
'99 F-150 5.4L I traded on it, and the F-150 only got 10-15 mpg.

I can't vouch for the new 6.5 Powerstroke they use now, though... It had
a LOT of problems with the fuel management computer system and
injection. *Why* do they *always* manage to screw up a good thing.

--
Yrs.,
Ike

"Blanks, he says. Here- have a handful of blanks."
Old January 23rd 05, 12:46 AM
Ike

Anonymous wrote:

> Quit cross-posting to alt.support.herpes, already.
>
> Thanks
>
> Nosey wrote:
>
>>> I could line up all you'r dumn asses chain 'em together and drag them
>>> down teh road sideways in my F-250 Corn-binder. Whatever idot first
>>> said the words "Mopar" and "truck" in the same breath must have
>>> laughed his ass off. F'n scrap metal.

>> F-250 Corn-binder? I'd probably be driving a F-250 today but an
>> arrogant salesman wouldn't sell me one. I've had a few Ford trucks,
>> and I liked them all. The most recent was a '91 F-150 4X4 supercab
>> that I bought new and kept for 8 trouble free years. The only
>> "problems" that I had with it was the 5.0 wasn't powerful enough for
>> towing, and the payload was too light. When I bought that one I wanted
>> a 3/4 ton, but I let the salesman talk me into a half-ton. Letting a
>> salesman sell me what he has instead of buying what I want is a
>> mistake I will never make again. When I decided to get a new truck in
>> '99 I looked on the Ford lot first. The salesman immediately ****ed me
>> off. He didn't have any 3/4 ton 4X4 supercab diesels on the lot so he
>> kept trying to talk me into another F-150. Instead of trying to find
>> the truck that I wanted, he tried to convince me that I didn't want a
>> 3/4 ton diesel. I hate it when people try to tell me what I want and
>> don't want. When my '99 Ram 2500 4X4 is worn out I will consider
>> another Ford, but it may be a very long time before I'm truck shopping
>> again. In the past 5 years I've only put 60,000 miles on the Cummins.
>> At that rate it won't be due for it's first engine rebuild for another
>> 20 years. Do they make them Calvin stickers peeing on Ford salesmen?

What?

Old January 23rd 05, 02:29 AM
Anonymous

Ike wrote:
> Anonymous wrote:
>
>> Quit cross-posting to alt.support.herpes, already.
>>
>> Thanks

>>> F-250 Corn-binder? I'd probably be driving a F-250 today but an
>>> arrogant salesman wouldn't sell me one. I've had a few Ford trucks,
>>> and I liked them all. The most recent was a '91 F-150 4X4 supercab
>>> that I bought new and kept for 8 trouble free years. The only
>>> "problems" that I had with it was the 5.0 wasn't powerful enough for
>>> towing, and the payload was too light. When I bought that one I
>>> wanted a 3/4 ton, but I let the salesman talk me into a half-ton.
>>> Letting a salesman sell me what he has instead of buying what I want
>>> is a mistake I will never make again. When I decided to get a new
>>> truck in '99 I looked on the Ford lot first. The salesman immediately
>>> ****ed me off. He didn't have any 3/4 ton 4X4 supercab diesels on the
>>> lot so he kept trying to talk me into another F-150. Instead of
>>> trying to find the truck that I wanted, he tried to convince me that
>>> I didn't want a 3/4 ton diesel. I hate it when people try to tell me
>>> what I want and don't want. When my '99 Ram 2500 4X4 is worn out I
>>> will consider another Ford, but it may be a very long time before I'm
>>> truck shopping again. In the past 5 years I've only put 60,000 miles
>>> on the Cummins. At that rate it won't be due for it's first engine
>>> rebuild for another 20 years. Do they make them Calvin stickers
>>> peeing on Ford salesmen?
>>>

> What?

It's pretty obvious:

Newsgroups:
rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota.tru cks,alt.support.herpes,rec.sport.football.college
Old January 23rd 05, 03:23 AM
David Loewe, Jr.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:47:01 GMT, Bill Lang
> wrote:

>Nevermind the facts, Hairy, just give me the details!
>
>> "Bill Lang" > wrote in message
>>> Nevermind the facts, winnard, just give me the details!

>>> The problem is that you're talking about some frenchified engine.
>>> The Litre crap is a dead giveaway. That's why you get that fart
>>> sound.
>>>
>>> Real engines have numbers like 442 and 383. Good old fashioned
>>> American square inches.

>> Ummm.....try *cubic inches*;-)

>This is a car, not an ark. Scholars aren't even sure what a cubic
>was. A 442 cubic car would be way too big for most roads.

So...

I imagined the 454?
--
"The dead remember our indifference.
The dead remember our silence."
Old January 23rd 05, 03:31 AM
David Loewe, Jr.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:05:29 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

> wrote

>| Not everything can sound as good as a Hemi gettin' on it. "It" being
>| on the back of a flatbed wrecker because the hemi has been spewin'
>| parts all over the highway for the past 15 or 20 miles.

>Well said Pauli
>I have never liked the "sound" of any Mopar.
>
>Truthfully, and I know this is not PC, but I have always loved the sound of
>a Chevy (with the right cam and pipes) more than any other.
>And I'm a Ford gal... go figure!

Oh, hell...

For SOUND, nothing beats the scream of a V65 Magna up at about 10K.
--
"People in the computer industry use the word "user", which to them
means "idiot"."
Old January 23rd 05, 04:19 AM
Bill Lang

Nevermind the facts, David Loewe, Jr., just give me the details!

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:47:01 GMT, Bill Lang
> > wrote:
>
>>Nevermind the facts, Hairy, just give me the details!

>>> Ummm.....try *cubic inches*;-)
>>> H

>>This is a car, not an ark. Scholars aren't even sure what a
>>cubic was. A 442 cubic car would be way too big for most roads.

> So...
>
> I imagined the 454?

The ark was only 300 cubics. How big a car do you need?

--
mutt

"By the unwinking red eye of Ra."
Old January 23rd 05, 05:14 AM
winnard

"Anonymous" > wrote in message ...
> Quit cross-posting to alt.support.herpes, already.
>
> Thanks

Sorry, that would be 'Calvin ****ing on Ford screaming bloody murder
sticker'.

winnard

Old January 23rd 05, 01:56 PM
David Loewe, Jr.

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 04:19:14 GMT, Bill Lang
> wrote:

>Nevermind the facts, David Loewe, Jr., just give me the details!
>
>> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:47:01 GMT, Bill Lang
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Nevermind the facts, Hairy, just give me the details!

>>>This is a car, not an ark. Scholars aren't even sure what a
>>>cubic was. A 442 cubic car would be way too big for most roads.

>> So...
>>
>> I imagined the 454?

>The ark was only 300 cubics.

Is this bate?

Cubits, not cubics.

>How big a car do you need?

This is not about me.

However, since you ask, a 858 cu in engine seems about right...
--
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."
- William G. McAdoo
Old January 23rd 05, 07:33 PM
TOM

Please, don't cross post to other newsgroups. Just keep it here on the
Mustang list...

Thanks...
Old January 23rd 05, 11:51 PM
SVTKate

"Bill Lang" > wrote |
| The ark was only 300 cubics. How big a car do you need?

Yea... but it was still only TWO horsepower.

Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top
With a persoanl touch... or two.