Schumacher Donates 10 Million For Tsunami Aid

Old January 5th 05, 10:06 PM
David G Fisher

Default Schumacher Donates 10 Million For Tsunami Aid

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1959051

Wow.

--
David G Fisher

Old January 6th 05, 01:54 AM
JTS

What a showoff ;>)

Old January 6th 05, 04:23 AM
Mitch_A

JTS wrote:

> What a showoff ;>)
>
> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
>> http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1959051
>>
>> Wow.
>>

>> --
>> David G Fisher

I gave Red Cross $50 earlier today. Considering Schumi's net worth vs
mine I'd say were about equal in the donation dept :-)

Mitch

--
Remove the nospam. to reply.

Kontact enabled ______
Old January 6th 05, 04:52 AM
buster

Mitch_A wrote:
> JTS wrote:
>

>>What a showoff ;>)
>>
>>"David G Fisher" > wrote in message
>>
>>>http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1959051
>>>
>>>Wow.
>>>

>>>--
>>>David G Fisher
>>>

> I gave Red Cross $50 earlier today. Considering Schumi's net worth vs
> mine I'd say were about equal in the donation dept :-)
>
> Mitch

George bush gave $10,000... 1000 times less than schumacher
Old January 6th 05, 07:21 AM
Stephen F.

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
> JTS wrote:
>
>> What a showoff ;>)
>>
>> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
>>> http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1959051
>>>
>>> Wow.
>>>

>>> --
>>> David G Fisher
>>>

> I gave Red Cross $50 earlier today. Considering Schumi's net worth vs
> mine I'd say were about equal in the donation dept :-)
>
> Mitch

Of course he's loaded, but that still represents about 10 - 20% of his
annual income. I made my own modest effort, 10-20%... think about it. That
is a substantial gesture, and it will be interesting to see who else steps
up. Schumy's "neighbours" (Tina Turner, Phil Collins, IKEA founder, several
major bankers etc.) here in Switzerland have comparable wealth, but I
haven't heard much noise about their donations.

Old January 6th 05, 10:19 AM
Uwe Schürkamp

> up. Schumy's "neighbours" (Tina Turner, Phil Collins, IKEA founder, several
> major bankers etc.) here in Switzerland have comparable wealth, but I
> haven't heard much noise about their donations.

Maybe they prefer *not* to talk about it in public?

Just a thought.

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old January 6th 05, 12:42 PM
Stephen F.

"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message

>> up. Schumy's "neighbours" (Tina Turner, Phil Collins, IKEA founder,
>> several
>> major bankers etc.) here in Switzerland have comparable wealth, but I
>> haven't heard much noise about their donations.

> Maybe they prefer *not* to talk about it in public?
>
> Just a thought.
>
> uwe

Entirely true. Some choose to be anonymous, some disclose their
contribution, perhaps to motivate others. It turns out Schumy had a very
personal reason to donate (his bodyguard and bodyguard's children were
killed in the flood). Every donation is great, no matter the amount.

SF

Old January 6th 05, 12:45 PM
Joachim Trensz

Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
> Maybe they prefer *not* to talk about it in public?

Talking can help raise more funds as others may feel they're put to shame if
they don't donate. I think if someone seriously wants to support someone or
something, he'll donate and then talk about it, to make others follow his example.

Achim
Old January 6th 05, 06:06 PM
buster

Joachim Trensz wrote:
> Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
>
>> Maybe they prefer *not* to talk about it in public?

> Talking can help raise more funds as others may feel they're put to
> shame if they don't donate. I think if someone seriously wants to
> support someone or something, he'll donate and then talk about it, to
> make others follow his example.
>
> Achim

what a self serving prick you are boasting abotu donations
Old January 6th 05, 09:20 PM
Fcuk U

David G Fisher wrote:
> http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1959051