Brochure - 1972 pontiac-30.jpg(1/1) 363526 bytes

Old April 9th 08, 03:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

Default Brochure - 1972 pontiac-30.jpg(1/1) 363526 bytes

BEGIN --- CUT HERE --- Cut Here --- cut here --- 1972 pontiac-30.jpg

END --- CUT HERE --- Cut Here --- cut here --- 1972 pontiac-30.jpg

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1972 pontiac-30.jpg (355.0 KB, 26 views)
Old April 9th 08, 04:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_3_] Paddy's Pig[_3_] is offline
Banned

> wrote in message

Under the radio options was option C -

> "Stereo Cassete Tape Player lets you play the new compact cassettes in
> your Pontiac".

Seems like only yesterday that was pretty hi-tech stuff. Now it looks as
dated as a 45 RPM record player in a '57 DeSoto.

I wonder what's gonna come along and replace MP3 and satellite radio?
--
Pat Durkin

Old April 9th 08, 06:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
ThomasS2[_3_]

The next generation will be some sort of WiFi Radio on Demand, (via Cell
Phone cell-site hand-off technology) where you choose what and who you
listen to!

Along the lines of the new Ford Sync, just say "Pink Floyd, The Wall" and
then it gives you a track listing to choose from!

Ahhhh....the future!

TS

Old April 9th 08, 07:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
vintage

The biggest technique used by most of the car companies lately seems to be
to sell you the car and then offer mumerous features that they want you to
pay for after you have had a trial period. My Buick is the top of the line
model with all of the bells and whistles, but GM decided that if I wanted to
keep the OnStar and satellite radio features I would have to fork over a
monthly fee. I knew that when I bought it, so I can't say that it is a
racket, but it is annoying.

Old April 9th 08, 08:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Post-Toasties

"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in
:

> > wrote in message
>
> Under the radio options was option C -
>
>> "Stereo Cassete Tape Player lets you play the new compact cassettes
>> in your Pontiac".

> Seems like only yesterday that was pretty hi-tech stuff. Now it looks
> as dated as a 45 RPM record player in a '57 DeSoto.
>
> I wonder what's gonna come along and replace MP3 and satellite radio?

I don't recall ever seeing the option C - Stereo Cassette Tape Player in
any vehicle. I wonder what the numbers are for that option? Couldn't be
many that went that direction in '72.

Thanks,
P-T
Old April 9th 08, 09:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

"Vintage" > wrote in message
> The biggest technique used by most of the car companies lately seems to be
> to sell you the car and then offer mumerous features that they want you to
> pay for after you have had a trial period. My Buick is the top of the line
> model with all of the bells and whistles, but GM decided that if I wanted
> to keep the OnStar and satellite radio features I would have to fork over
> a monthly fee. I knew that when I bought it, so I can't say that it is a
> racket, but it is annoying.

I know what you mean. After the first 6 months I have to start forking over
a monthly fee to Sirius for their service too. Or I can decide not to,
which is possible. It's nice but I can live without it. I don't drive the
car that much anyway. The Sirius satellite radio service is not "married"
to a system like OnStar so I'm not obligated to pay for both if I'm only
interested in one.

California has enacted a law that takes effect July 1st which outlaws
talking on a hand-held cell phone so I wanted something with Bluetooth
interface to mate with my cell. When I asked the Buick guy if it had
Bluetooth he said "Oh no - it's got OnStar and that's all built in". He
didn't further explain whether the OnStar system would mate with my cell
phone, ala Bluetooth, or whether I could use OnStar as a cell phone only
when I was in the car. I don't have a close friend or relative who has
OnStar so I didn't have anybody else to ask about it.

Mercedes likewise has a pretty well developed system of its own called Tele
Aid which does many of the same things as OnStar but it is optional on the
new C Class and happened not to be on the one I bought so I don't have to
decide whether I'll continue paying for that service. It *is* on my CLK430
but I've never activated it. I'm a tightwad.
--
Pat Durkin

Old April 9th 08, 09:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
vintage

"Padraig" > wrote in message
> "Vintage" > wrote in message
>> The biggest technique used by most of the car companies lately seems to
>> be
>> to sell you the car and then offer mumerous features that they want you
>> pay for after you have had a trial period. My Buick is the top of the
>> line
>> model with all of the bells and whistles, but GM decided that if I wanted
>> to keep the OnStar and satellite radio features I would have to fork over
>> a monthly fee. I knew that when I bought it, so I can't say that it is a
>> racket, but it is annoying.

> I know what you mean. After the first 6 months I have to start forking
> over
> a monthly fee to Sirius for their service too. Or I can decide not to,
> which is possible. It's nice but I can live without it. I don't drive
> the
> car that much anyway. The Sirius satellite radio service is not "married"
> to a system like OnStar so I'm not obligated to pay for both if I'm only
> interested in one.
>
> California has enacted a law that takes effect July 1st which outlaws
> talking on a hand-held cell phone so I wanted something with Bluetooth
> interface to mate with my cell. When I asked the Buick guy if it had
> Bluetooth he said "Oh no - it's got OnStar and that's all built in". He
> didn't further explain whether the OnStar system would mate with my cell
> phone, ala Bluetooth, or whether I could use OnStar as a cell phone only
> when I was in the car. I don't have a close friend or relative who has
> OnStar so I didn't have anybody else to ask about it.
>
> Mercedes likewise has a pretty well developed system of its own called
> Tele
> Aid which does many of the same things as OnStar but it is optional on the
> new C Class and happened not to be on the one I bought so I don't have to
> decide whether I'll continue paying for that service. It *is* on my
> CLK430
> but I've never activated it. I'm a tightwad.
> --
> Pat Durkin

On GM cars you can use OnStar for your cell phone calls, but it is an
additional charge, and it is a lot more expensive than using your regular
cell phone.
http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/plans/index.jsp
OnStar and XM Satellite Radio (the name that GM uses) do not have to be
combined. I decided to drop them both.