Audi S4 engine problems

Old February 5th 06, 04:18 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi S4 engine problems

I am looking at buying a 2001 Audi S4 and i was doing some research and
came across some info that said th Audi A4 has engine problems. I was
wondering if this was the same for the S4. I am buying the car for my
son for his birthday so if anyone can help me out sooner rather then
later that would be great!! Oh and also is there any other problems
with it.

Thanks,
David

Old February 6th 06, 11:40 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

>I am looking at buying a 2001 Audi S4 and i was doing some research and
> came across some info that said th Audi A4 has engine problems. I was
> wondering if this was the same for the S4. I am buying the car for my
> son for his birthday so if anyone can help me out sooner rather then
> later that would be great!! Oh and also is there any other problems
> with it.

There are many engine options fitted to the A4. I doubt they all had
problems!

The most common problem was with coil packs on the 1.8T engines. Well known
and easily fixed

Was there an S4 available in 2001? I'd think that'd be a Mk1 A4 with the
2.7T engine rather than the current 4.2V8

Old February 6th 06, 05:57 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:40:32 GMT, "Dave" > wrote:

>Was there an S4 available in 2001? I'd think that'd be a Mk1 A4 with the
>2.7T engine rather than the current 4.2V8

Yes, it is the 2.7 twin turbo. My grandson just purchased a 2000 S4
with 41k miles. Great car.

Dave
RS6

Old February 10th 06, 09:05 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

I have a 2000 A6 with the 2.7T engine, the same one as in the early
S4. I like the engine's perfromance but I had a turbo go bad just past
warranty expiration. Replacing both turbos was the recommendation and
it was a very expensive propostion thanks to the extensive amount of
labor needed to get to the turbos. i forget the cost and the labor but
I think it was 20-30 hours by the book and the turbos weren't cheap
either. I had other work done at the same time but i think the bill
was close to $4000 for the turbos and the work. I could be wrong. You
should check with a good independent Audi shop in your area. Try
www.audiworld.com for more info.

Old February 12th 06, 06:01 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Thank you very much for your information that was what i was looking
for. Now time to discuss with the wife!