The Price of War could get you thousands of bridges and more

Old July 4th 11, 02:32 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default The Price of War could get you thousands of bridges and more

On Jul 3, 12:47 pm, dr_jeff > wrote:
> On 7/3/11 10:53 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

> Philosopher wrote:
> > On Jul 2, 1:23 pm, > wrote:

> >> When did I say I need an SUV every day? I don't even use my car every day.

> > You just said you couldn't do some stuff with the bike. It's an
> > educated guess that you drive an SUV to be ready for hauling stuff,
> > which many claim is the reason for them having a jungle vehicle in the
> > middle of the city.

> > Nobody claimed that the bike is the perfect solution for everything
> > though. Sometimes we bike, sometimes we drive. Problem is many of the
> > errands where we drive are not accessible for bikes. We got the
> > trailers, we got the determination, we think it's fun... but we are
> > not willing to struggle on sidewalks all the time. Bicycle trailers
> > don't even fit there. Actually a single-wheel trailer fits but there's
> > little capacity in it --some 30 pound and no bulky stuff.

> > These causeways --two of them-- are NO MAN'S LAND, but the police and
> > the light cameras are very active, if you know what I mean. I mean
> > they are a trap.

> >> First, I have to see what is unfinished. Second, I would ask the people
> >> responsible why they are unfinished. It could be that there was a
> >> project that was stopped because of the economy.

> > I think every single project is unfinished. It would take a committed
> > team of citizens to go around to different cities to inquire about the
> > different projects. Most people simply ignore the problem rather than
> > bother about it.

> >> Where are you allowed to kick the sign? Is it ok to kick it on a private
> >> lawn?

> > On the sidewalk. The guy that told me a is black American guy who must
> > know, but Jesus or Pedro (Latin = no speak English) think the sidewalk
> > is the perfect to place the sign.

> > Whether I'm allowed to kick or not is debatable but I certainly feel
> > the urge.

> >> If a construction company or government agency is doing something
> >> illegal, what have you done about it, other than whine more than a
> >> kindergartener? You could complain to the construction company, the
> >> government officials who are supposed to work for *you*, write the
> >> newspapers or just whine like a little baby. So far, I have seen
> >> evidence only for the last one.

> > I wrote to Channel 7, next to the broken up sidewalk. But they are
> > looking for blood and mayhem, which may happen because you took to the
> > road to avoid the broken area. What an irony, no?

> Wrote to Channel 7. Good job. How about calling the mayor's office.

No, I haven't. I assume I will get the same answer I got from the
other city that recommended me NOT to ride a bike in the area.

> >> However, you said what you think your representative would say. That
> >> really tells me that you want to whine and be heard. Good job.

> >> Too bad you don't want to actually do something that will effect a good
> >> change. The people who pay all the money to people in office count on
> >> people to do nothing.

> > That's right! No better than the people in China! Except that they
> > work fast on the projects.

> >> What makes you assume that they were paid to finish the job? Perhaps
> >> their funding ran out.

> >> Stop whining and start with the facts.

> > Maybe Obama wants you to think that he's pouring money into
> > infrastructure... but everything goes down the black hole. It just
> > shows that pouring more money won't solve the problem. Maybe it takes
> > transparency first.

> > Where's on Earth is the brilliant mind leading America like China? And
> > are they smart after all? That's a different question.

> > If they ignore the mundane monkey --the cyclist-- they are not.

> Obama isn't pouring money anywhere. That's because the conservatives in
> Congress think it is more important to make sure rich people pay little
> in taxes than provide education, roads or other services to people.
>
> And, that is what *I* write my representatives about as well as march on
> city hall.
>
> Jeff
>
> And, please don't post this to michael moore group. I think he is a jerk.

Michael Moore may be a jerk. I don't even know what his point is.

Anyway, the Republicans are slowing down the Democrats and the
Democrats are not willing to shake the tree. They can't. There's been
an increase in public works that I have observed but it may be going
down the drain as well.

Are we finished as a Republic? Is it time for the People's Republic?
Old July 4th 11, 02:39 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky
dr_jeff

On 7/4/11 9:32 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher wrote:
> On Jul 3, 12:47 pm, > wrote:
>> On 7/3/11 10:53 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

<...>

>> Wrote to Channel 7. Good job. How about calling the mayor's office.

> No, I haven't. I assume I will get the same answer I got from the
> other city that recommended me NOT to ride a bike in the area.

To ASSUME is to make an ASS out of YOU, but then you blame me.

If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Take your bike to the nearest Target and ask where the crying towels
are. You need one with all your whining.

>>> That's right! No better than the people in China! Except that they
>>> work fast on the projects.

>>> Maybe Obama wants you to think that he's pouring money into
>>> infrastructure... but everything goes down the black hole. It just
>>> shows that pouring more money won't solve the problem. Maybe it takes
>>> transparency first.

>>> Where's on Earth is the brilliant mind leading America like China? And
>>> are they smart after all? That's a different question.

>>> If they ignore the mundane monkey --the cyclist-- they are not.

>> Obama isn't pouring money anywhere. That's because the conservatives in
>> Congress think it is more important to make sure rich people pay little
>> in taxes than provide education, roads or other services to people.
>>
>> And, that is what *I* write my representatives about as well as march on
>> city hall.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> And, please don't post this to michael moore group. I think he is a jerk.

> Michael Moore may be a jerk. I don't even know what his point is.

Yet you cross post to his group. Guess who that makes the jerk to be?

> Anyway, the Republicans are slowing down the Democrats and the
> Democrats are not willing to shake the tree. They can't. There's been
> an increase in public works that I have observed but it may be going
> down the drain as well.
>
> Are we finished as a Republic? Is it time for the People's Republic?

When the people whine on newsgroups, but don't do anything to truly
participate in their government, the government is for those who donate
to the parties, not for the people. If you want it to be a people's
republic, then you need to start truly participating. Write to the
newspapers, the elected officials (use email if you have to), start a
blog, etc., to express your views.

Whining on the news groups doesn't really do anything (other than to
make you look like a jerk and lets you blow of steam) to help the situation.

Jeff