Repost: Barrett-Jackson auto auction in Phoenix

Old January 24th 11, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dickr2

Default Repost: Barrett-Jackson auto auction in Phoenix

Seeing so many Mustangs from the 60s and 70s, some that
have been modified, makes me realize how retro the new
Mustangs really are. Mustangs still have the look!

Dick
Old January 25th 11, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gill

On 01/23/2011 06:03 PM, dickr2 wrote:
> Seeing so many Mustangs from the 60s and 70s, some that
> have been modified, makes me realize how retro the new
> Mustangs really are. Mustangs still have the look!
>
> Dick

Pretty good show this year. Amazing how the old pick-ups are heating up,
and the big old Caddys, Mercs, Chryslers..........Man those things are cool!
Old January 26th 11, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:46:09 -0800, GILL > wrote:

>On 01/23/2011 06:03 PM, dickr2 wrote:
>> Seeing so many Mustangs from the 60s and 70s, some that
>> have been modified, makes me realize how retro the new
>> Mustangs really are. Mustangs still have the look!
>>
>> Dick

>Pretty good show this year. Amazing how the old pick-ups are heating up,
>and the big old Caddys, Mercs, Chryslers..........Man those things are cool!

So many of the cars have been priced right out of reach for the
average person, but trucks are pretty plentiful and cheap. Even the
Mustang IIs and Pintos are hot.
Old January 29th 11, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dickr2

D E Willson wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:46:09 -0800, GILL > wrote:
>

>>On 01/23/2011 06:03 PM, dickr2 wrote:
>>
>>>Seeing so many Mustangs from the 60s and 70s, some that
>>>have been modified, makes me realize how retro the new
>>>Mustangs really are. Mustangs still have the look!
>>>
>>>Dick

>>Pretty good show this year. Amazing how the old pick-ups are heating up,
>>and the big old Caddys, Mercs, Chryslers..........Man those things are cool!

> So many of the cars have been priced right out of reach for the
> average person, but trucks are pretty plentiful and cheap. Even the
> Mustang IIs and Pintos are hot.

Maybe tax breaks for the wealthy would increase employment. They could
hire more lackeys to keep their cars shined up. Aargh!

Dick - 84 Capri RS 5.0
Old January 30th 11, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dickr2

dickr2 wrote:
> D E Willson wrote:

>>> Pretty good show this year. Amazing how the old pick-ups are heating
>>> up, and the big old Caddys, Mercs, Chryslers..........Man those
>>> things are cool!

>> So many of the cars have been priced right out of reach for the
>> average person, but trucks are pretty plentiful and cheap. Even the
>> Mustang IIs and Pintos are hot.

> Maybe tax breaks for the wealthy would increase employment. They could
> hire more lackeys to keep their cars shined up. Aargh!

And, if I had 200-300K to spend on a nasty vintage Mustang that's never been
driven on the street, I'd drive it home through the rain and road salt and
then take it to the local car wash. Antiques, coins, stamps and many other
items are for collectors - cars are meant to be driven!

Dick in MN

Barrett Jackson dickr2 Ford Mustang 1 January 6th 10 05:56 AM
Barrett-Jackson auto auction Dick R. Ford Mustang 2 December 30th 08 01:22 AM
Barrett Jackson Auction Las Vegas Dave C Car Show Photos 8 October 18th 08 08:26 PM
Barrett Jackson Auction Kevin_S Jeep 2 February 1st 05 11:18 PM
Anyone watch the barrett jackson auction? MoPar Man Chrysler 0 January 31st 05 05:57 AM