Buying a 2006 Civic

Old September 7th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
emjtds

Default Buying a 2006 Civic

Is there any Honda dealer in the US that sells the Civic at or near the
invoice price, or are all Hondas sold at sticker price? If there are any,
how do I find them?

Old September 7th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dr Nick

It's tough because the civic is GREAT on gas and they just redesigned it, so
it's a "doubly" hot car (if thats even a word, haha). I'd say your best bet
might be to try carsdirect.com or something (or any other service that helps
you buy cars at near invoice prices)

Your best bet besides trying one of those might be to wait til the 07's come
out and go after an 06? they will be trying to clear those out. good luck!

-N

Old September 7th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Larry[_4_]

I'd be speculating that it is currently hard to accomplish. I know the
Civic, the Fit, the Yaris, and other cost effective/reliable fuel efficient
cars are in short supply at many dealers in many regions. I won't say its
impossible, but good luck on your quest.

Old September 7th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earle Horton[_1_]

At a local used car lot you can buy all the three quarter ton club cab
pickups you will ever need, and at good prices too. For a Civic, maybe if
you wait for gas prices to go down or stablize a bit you will get a better
deal.

Earle

et...

Old September 8th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Newhope via CarKB.com

Dealer would like to get rid of the 06 during the last 3 months of the year
for the 07, so just wait for 4 more weeks and please do your homework before
heading to the dealership.

05 or 06 design is very similar, if I were you, my best bet would be 05 Civic
with less than 1K mileage (this means this car sitting at the dealer for a
test drive only, so the condition could be considered as a brand new Civic),
but I could save about 1.5 to 2K (depreciation of the 05 for its 1st year).

You know, Civic is on its very high demand, so you must be smarter... good
luck!

Old September 8th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Larry[_4_]

2005 model is not the same as 2006 model.....seems what I have read...and
seen at dealerships is that the 2006 model has been selling like hot cakes
all year. Don't expect many 06's to be remaining on the lot.

Old September 9th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

2006 was a whole different model compared to 2005 Civic