Where would you cut the budget?

Old July 27th 11, 01:06 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
Orval Fairbairn

Default Where would you cut the budget?

In article
>,
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
> wrote:

> On Jul 26, 11:05*am, "JoeSpareBedroom" >
> wrote:
> > "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
> > > wrote in message

> > > 5- Cut 30% of check to seniors who drive a car. That's a luxury.
> > > Promote bikes and trikes.

> > Sorry, but that won't work unless driving tests are designed in ways which
> > cleanse the roads of lousy drivers. This should be easy, since at least 90%
> > of drivers have no business being behind the wheel. Until the tests are
> > fixed, it will never be wise or safe to ride a bicycle on public roads.

> I'm all for it. That "license to kill" is questionable, to say the
> least.
>
> The problem is nobody messes with the seniors because they tend to
> vote. I have to think of a solution. How about taking the right to
> vote away from them?

Eliminate all programs that are local/state in nature. Keep only stuff
that affects the nation as a whole. The Feds have no business here.

Examples:

1. Housing and Urban Development -- local only; eliminate it!
2. Urban Mass Transit Administration --local only and supports programs
that are incompatible with the nation as a whole.
3. Intra state rail is incompatible with the rest of the nation --
eliminate it!
4. Dept. of Education -- a failure from the get-go! Eliminate it!
Old July 27th 11, 01:34 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
Nick Naim

wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
> > wrote in message

> > 5- Cut 30% of check to seniors who drive a car. That's a luxury.
> > Promote bikes and trikes.

> Sorry, but that won't work unless driving tests are designed in ways which
> cleanse the roads of lousy drivers. This should be easy, since at least
> 90%
> of drivers have no business being behind the wheel. Until the tests are
> fixed, it will never be wise or safe to ride a bicycle on public roads.

I'm all for it. That "license to kill" is questionable, to say the
least.

The problem is nobody messes with the seniors because they tend to
vote. I have to think of a solution. How about taking the right to
vote away from them?
Got it backwards.
People under the age of 37 should not be allowed to vote.

Old July 27th 11, 05:13 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are Murderers

End the wars, bailouts, and benefits for illegals. That'll save maybe
2 trillion each year.
Old July 27th 11, 05:33 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
larry moe 'n curly

LilAbner wrote:

> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
> Get rid of the Dept of Education. Turn it back over to the states.
> Cut Congressional Salaries by half. Change their Health Care to Medicare.

DoE is a minor expense, and usually when you get rid of a government
dept., it simply shifts to other agencies.

Congressional salaries are actually way too low, as evidenced by
almost every member of Congress receiving the vast majority of their
income from their parttime jobs in the private sector, where they work
as lobbyists. It would be much better if we greatly increased the
salaries of our government leadership, to levels comparable to
Singapore's (prime minister and supreme court judges are paid well
over $1M US a year), and absolutely prohibited big campaign
contributions/bribes.

Your idea to make Congress use Medicare is an excellent one. I think
politicians and all other government employees should be forced to use
only what's available to the middle and working classes.

> Air Force One should be downsized to an adequate corporate jet.

You'd better check what happened when Nixon tried it as a one-time
stunt during the Watergate crisis. His security people and the US
military absolutely hated it. The Cold War may be over, but the
world is still a very dangerous place that can require the president
being in control, wherever he is.
Old July 27th 11, 11:28 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_]

"Nick Naim" > wrote in message

> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
> > wrote in message
> On Jul 26, 11:05 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" >
> wrote:
>> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
>> > wrote in message

>> > 5- Cut 30% of check to seniors who drive a car. That's a luxury.
>> > Promote bikes and trikes.

>> Sorry, but that won't work unless driving tests are designed in ways
>> which
>> cleanse the roads of lousy drivers. This should be easy, since at least
>> 90%
>> of drivers have no business being behind the wheel. Until the tests are
>> fixed, it will never be wise or safe to ride a bicycle on public roads.

> I'm all for it. That "license to kill" is questionable, to say the
> least.
>
> The problem is nobody messes with the seniors because they tend to
> vote. I have to think of a solution. How about taking the right to
> vote away from them?
> Got it backwards.
> People under the age of 37 should not be allowed to vote.

We don't need to explicitly target seniors, other than insisting on
increased testing after a certain age, especially for peripheral vision
which is a KNOWN issue as we get older. Correctly designed driving tests
would eliminate dangerous drivers of ALL ages. I'm talking about tests which
are practically impossible for ANYONE to pass. Think of the most demanding
situations you've seen on the road. Driving tests never put people in those
situations, and that's just wrong.

Old July 27th 11, 01:04 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
Ed S.

End the wars immediately.

Cut the pentagon budget by 50%.

Close ALL tax loopholes used by corporations.

End ALL subsidies to corporations, especially oil companies, ethanol
farmers.

Set taxes for the upper brackets to those in place during the Reagan
administration.

Set corporate taxes to rates used during Eisenhower presidency.

Change House & Senate retirement eligibility to minimum of 20 consecutive
years of service.

Privatize Federal elected politicians' retirements.

Do away with the Cadillac healthcare plans of House & Senate.

Old July 27th 11, 02:59 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

On Jul 26, 8:34*pm, "Nick Naim" > wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser > wrote in message

> On Jul 26, 11:05 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" >
> wrote:
>
> > "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
> > > wrote in message

> > > 5- Cut 30% of check to seniors who drive a car. That's a luxury.
> > > Promote bikes and trikes.

> > Sorry, but that won't work unless driving tests are designed in ways which
> > cleanse the roads of lousy drivers. This should be easy, since at least
> > 90%
> > of drivers have no business being behind the wheel. Until the tests are
> > fixed, it will never be wise or safe to ride a bicycle on public roads.

> I'm all for it. That "license to kill" is questionable, to say the
> least.
>
> The problem is nobody messes with the seniors because they tend to
> vote. I have to think of a solution. How about taking the right to
> vote away from them?
> Got it backwards.
> People under the age of 37 should not be allowed to vote.

The problem is THEY inherit the future. But you got a point that they
are inexperienced. But hey! They got all THEORY about democracy fresh
from school.
Old July 27th 11, 05:29 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore

On Jul 26, 10:25 am, Sir Ray > wrote:
> 1- Libraries -- close them all. Currently a shelter for the homeless.
> 2- Parks -- same as above.
>
> This is plain silly
> Libraries and Local parks are quite heavily used - especially in
> recessions, people use libraries to research for jobs and work), and
> parks too (indeed, not much room for the homeless with all the usage
> our local parks get during the weekend and daytime). Local libraries
> and parks also have nothing to do with the Federal budget, Now
> National Parks (which are degrading from overuse and lack of
> maintainance) and Mouments and HIstorical sites do - you plan to close
> Yellowstone or the Gettysburg Battlefield or the Statute of Liberty
> permantly, now?

I got a BOLD PLAN:

Let the homeless run the libraries and parks. They may do a better job
--way cheaper-- than those currently running the place.

Dissolve mental hospitals. Let the crazy run the place.

If it doesn't work in 6 months then we go back to square one. At least
we teach a lesson to those who got easy jobs.

Old July 27th 11, 05:31 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore

On Jul 27, 11:32 am, Conscience > wrote:
> On 2011-07-27 16:22:53 +0000, Hachiroku > said:
>
> > On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 08:04:41 -0400, Ed S. wrote:

> >> End the wars immediately.

> >> Cut the pentagon budget by 50%.

> > And weaken defense?

> >> Close ALL tax loopholes used by corporations.

> > GE included?

> Well, except for GE five or so $Billion.
>

> >> End ALL subsidies to corporations, especially oil companies, ethanol
> >> farmers.

> > What "subusidies" are the oil companies getting, ed? You're using
> > Schulz-speak again.

> Well, except for GM's $45 Billion.
>
> Funny how those two tie closely to Obama's war chest.

I always knew they wouldn't let Obama succeed. Now half the nation
will blame Obama for it.

Old July 27th 11, 06:29 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
Orval Fairbairn

In article
>,
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
> wrote:

> On Jul 26, 10:25 am, Sir Ray > wrote:
> > 1- Libraries -- close them all. Currently a shelter for the homeless.
> > 2- Parks -- same as above.
> >
> > This is plain silly
> > Libraries and Local parks are quite heavily used - especially in
> > recessions, people use libraries to research for jobs and work), and
> > parks too (indeed, not much room for the homeless with all the usage
> > our local parks get during the weekend and daytime). Local libraries
> > and parks also have nothing to do with the Federal budget, Now
> > National Parks (which are degrading from overuse and lack of
> > maintainance) and Mouments and HIstorical sites do - you plan to close
> > Yellowstone or the Gettysburg Battlefield or the Statute of Liberty
> > permantly, now?

> I got a BOLD PLAN:
>
> Let the homeless run the libraries and parks. They may do a better job
> --way cheaper-- than those currently running the place.
>
> Dissolve mental hospitals. Let the crazy run the place.
>
> If it doesn't work in 6 months then we go back to square one. At least
> we teach a lesson to those who got easy jobs.

They have already tried letting the crazy run the place in California.
It doesn't work!