Where would you cut the budget?

Old July 26th 11, 05:25 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Where would you cut the budget?

1- Libraries -- close them all. Currently a shelter for the homeless.

2- Parks -- same as above.

3- War on Drugs -- make it legal. Save on prisons as well.

4- Allow Euthanasia. Most humane way to save money.

5- Cut 30% of check to seniors who drive a car. That's a luxury.
Promote bikes and trikes.

6- Cut 30% of salaries to every bureaucrat out there. Politicians can
afford 50% when they do a bad job.

7- Cut 30% of military expenditure. Let the private industry --Big
Oil-- pay for it.

8- Bring doctors from Cuba. They are way cheaper.

But I'm sure you have some brilliant ideas of your own. My wisdom is
not infinite.

Old July 26th 11, 05:43 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
larry moe 'n curly

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher wrote:

> 1- Libraries -- close them all. Currently a shelter for the homeless.

Closing the libraries of Phoenix would hurt the ignorant and poorly
educated. I'm referring to the librarians.

Old July 26th 11, 06:27 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

On Jul 26, 12:43*am, "larry moe 'n curly" >
wrote:
> His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher wrote:
>

> > 1- Libraries -- close them all. Currently a shelter for the homeless.

> Closing the libraries of Phoenix would hurt the ignorant and poorly
> educated. *I'm referring to the librarians.

The most educated are the homeless. They read the paper every day.
Old July 26th 11, 01:08 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
LilAbner[_2_]

On 7/26/2011 12:25 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher wrote:
> 1- Libraries -- close them all. Currently a shelter for the homeless.
>
> 2- Parks -- same as above.
>
> 3- War on Drugs -- make it legal. Save on prisons as well.
>
> 4- Allow Euthanasia. Most humane way to save money.
>
> 5- Cut 30% of check to seniors who drive a car. That's a luxury.
> Promote bikes and trikes.
>
> 6- Cut 30% of salaries to every bureaucrat out there. Politicians can
> afford 50% when they do a bad job.
>
> 7- Cut 30% of military expenditure. Let the private industry --Big
> Oil-- pay for it.
>
> 8- Bring doctors from Cuba. They are way cheaper.
>
> But I'm sure you have some brilliant ideas of your own. My wisdom is
> not infinite.

> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

Get rid of the Dept of Education. Turn it back over to the states.
Cut Congressional Salaries by half. Change their Health Care to Medicare.
Cut Administrations Salaries by half. Cap salaries of Staff to the
average American Wage. We're not granting "rich and famous" contracts
to clerks, cooks, pages, and everyone tagging along an elected
Politician's coat tails.
Air Force One should be downsized to an adequate corporate jet.
Again getting elected is not a "rich and famous" contract. Politicians
are supposed to go to Washington to serve America. Not herd it nor
change it. If you go to Washington you will immediately notice that
every thing is overpriced because of the flood of our tax dollars to
Government and Elected Officials, and huge contributions of the
Corporate world. This is preposterous. Again going to Washington is not
a "rich and famous" contract. They have made it that way though. We the
People had no such intentions, nor voted for, nor approve of it.
When America is in such an economic depression Washington is flooded
with our money.
Washington, Adams---Lincoln--on through Eisenhower did not have "rich
and famous" contracts. Those seeking to turn us into serfs of the Supply
Side State or change America granted themselves "rich and famous" contracts.
Turn all elections into publicly funded only. No more one dollar one
vote by the Corporate World. It will save us billions of dollars, in the
long run and restore our will, as government.
Stop subsides to huge Agri Business, Foreign or Global Oil, etc.
Quit bowing and genefluxing to our enemy around the world and cut off
the spigots of money to them. If they want our money they listen to us
and are friendly. Wall Street gives China plenty. China doesn't need our
tax money. Put Americans back to work on the American space program not
sending money to code pink and other groups to buy more malt liquor.
Stop the insane and hugely costly Obama Care. If we are goingto have
national health care. Use Medicare as the framework. Anyone that passes
or votes for fining and jailing Americans that don't enter the commerce
stream loses is out the door. that violates the Constitution.
All those Foreign/Global Corporations doing business will be required to
pay US taxes just like American Citizens and Main Street.
That will put them on the level playing field with American Companies
and make American Companies competitive, in America.
Stop making rules and laws for the Global Economy. Success of America's
Economy and Business is supposed to be Washington's purpose.
We are not a subject state of the UN or Wall Street. Get the h out of
the UN.we don;t change our Laws to conform to the UN.
Close the border with Mexico and sned home all Illegals befroe
California becomes Mexico. It is almost accomplished yet Washington is
stupid or blind enough not to see it. This will save America trillions,
of dollars and restore hundreds of thousands of US jobs. Mexico is not
friendly nor a 51st State nor do we face Mexico City and pledge
allegiance.
Old July 26th 11, 02:29 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore

On Jul 26, 8:08*am, LilAbner > wrote:
> [...]

> All those Foreign/Global Corporations doing business will be required to
> pay US taxes just like American Citizens and Main Street.
> That will put them on the level playing field with American Companies
> and make American Companies competitive, in America.
> Stop making rules and laws for the Global Economy. Success of America's
> Economy and Business is supposed to be Washington's purpose.
> We are not a subject state of the UN or Wall Street. Get the h out of
> the UN.we don;t change our Laws to conform to the UN.
> Close the border with Mexico and sned home all Illegals befroe
> California becomes Mexico. It is almost accomplished yet Washington is
> stupid or blind enough not to see it. This will save America trillions,
> of dollars and restore hundreds of thousands of US jobs. Mexico is not
> friendly nor a 51st State nor do we face Mexico City and pledge

It sounds like a reasonable bipartisan proposal. In other words,
"they" will be the same as the rest of "us." Not they act like the
masters, even at the local level.

Every immigrant that comes into America must learn the language or get
the hell out. Don't let people who don't have a clue about the
American system or the language cast a vote. The elections in 2000
were decided in Dade-County by a bunch of old Cubans who are now
buried deep under the ground. In other words, they voted Republican
and left the couch potato for us.
Old July 26th 11, 02:37 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore

On Jul 26, 7:46 am, "topcat" > wrote:
> "DogDiesel" > wrote in message

> > stop paying illegals

> > stop paying for homeland security

> > Fema

> > close the dept of education

> > repeal obama care.

> > close the foreign military bases.

> > close the un

> > close nafta

> > close the wto

> > close the batf.

> > cut off congresses cash flow and let the states pay them. As was intended
> > . before the 16th nand 17th ammendments.

> > cut off welfare breeding whores.

> > close the nsa.

> > close nasa

> One correction....one time payment to illegals....for a ONE WAY ticket out
> of the country.
>
> TC

So what will happen to multiculturalism? Never mind.

Open every project out there --road construction, bridge building-- to
criticism and scrutiny. Don't let them dump the money in projects that
means juicy contracts but have questionable benefits.
Old July 26th 11, 04:05 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_]

"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
> wrote in message

> 5- Cut 30% of check to seniors who drive a car. That's a luxury.
> Promote bikes and trikes.

Sorry, but that won't work unless driving tests are designed in ways which
cleanse the roads of lousy drivers. This should be easy, since at least 90%
of drivers have no business being behind the wheel. Until the tests are
fixed, it will never be wise or safe to ride a bicycle on public roads.

Old July 26th 11, 04:08 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

On Jul 26, 11:05*am, "JoeSpareBedroom" >
wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser > wrote in message

> > 5- Cut 30% of check to seniors who drive a car. That's a luxury.
> > Promote bikes and trikes.

> Sorry, but that won't work unless driving tests are designed in ways which
> cleanse the roads of lousy drivers. This should be easy, since at least 90%
> of drivers have no business being behind the wheel. Until the tests are
> fixed, it will never be wise or safe to ride a bicycle on public roads.

I'm all for it. That "license to kill" is questionable, to say the
least.

The problem is nobody messes with the seniors because they tend to
vote. I have to think of a solution. How about taking the right to
vote away from them?
Old July 27th 11, 12:31 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore

On Jul 26, 4:07 pm, Hachiroku > wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:43:36 -0700, larry moe 'n curly wrote:
>

> > His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher wrote:

> >> 1- Libraries -- close them all. Currently a shelter for the homeless.

> > Closing the libraries of Phoenix would hurt the ignorant and poorly
> > educated. I'm referring to the librarians.

> What's "Unecessary spending"? If it's unecessary, why are we spending it?
>
> Millionaires and billionaires should pay more. Obama is a millionaire, and
> yet he paid his taxes at the lowest possible rate. His tax return is
> public. Why didn't he check the 'pay at the higher rate' box.
>
> We must all share the sacrifice. Right. Empty Suit hypocrite.

Oh no trust me, I'm anything but a Republican and THERE'S A LOT OF
WASTE. Some inherited from Republican administrations. I think THEY
ARE SORT OF TRADITIONS. Nobody can answer me why we have a war on
drugs, for example.

The war in Iraq and Afghanistan were totally unnecessary to begin
with.

Old July 27th 11, 12:38 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore

On Jul 26, 10:40 am, ZeroWorship > wrote:
> On 7/26/2011 10:25 AM, Sir Ray wrote:
>

> > 1- Libraries -- close them all. Currently a shelter for the homeless.
> > 2- Parks -- same as above.

> > This is plain silly
> > Libraries and Local parks are quite heavily used - especially in
> > recessions, people use libraries to research for jobs and work), and
> > parks too (indeed, not much room for the homeless with all the usage
> > our local parks get during the weekend and daytime). Local libraries
> > and parks also have nothing to do with the Federal budget, Now
> > National Parks (which are degrading from overuse and lack of
> > maintainance) and Mouments and HIstorical sites do - you plan to close
> > Yellowstone or the Gettysburg Battlefield or the Statute of Liberty
> > permantly, now?

> > 3- War on Drugs -- make it legal. Save on prisons as well.
> > This one is reasonable

> > 4- Allow Euthanasia. Most humane way to save money.
> > You first.

> > 5- Cut 30% of check to seniors who drive a car. That's a luxury.
> > Promote bikes and trikes.
> > Even better, don't cut any percentage of SS at all, but instead end
> > all ISTEA grants wasted in creating useless bikelanes and bike paths
> > (and yes, I know all about the 'Highnesses' love of bikes - I think he
> > fell off his bike a few too many times while not wearing a helmet.)

> > 6- Cut 30% of salaries to every bureaucrat out there. Politicians can
> > afford 50% when they do a bad job.
> > Nobody going to argue Federal Legislaturers and Managers or not
> > overpaid - however, lower salary grades are, indeed that, lower paid.
> > So you're recommending a cut on upper management in effect, which is
> > great except when has it ever happened before

> > 7- Cut 30% of military expenditure.
> > --Peace Dividend

> > 8- Bring doctors from Cuba. They are way cheaper.
> > Non sequitur

> > -------
> > stop paying for homeland security
> > --Homeland Security as currently constituted, and even after some re-
> > organization by President Obama, is still somewhat bloated and oddly
> > structured (it was cobbled together from dozens of individual security
> > bureaus)

> > FEMA
> > --I'll let you talk to the latest recipients of FEMA assistance, the
> > Alabama Tornado survivors, about that. See what they say.

> they say they have been forgotten about because they are white. no
> money for you, whitey!

We got everything wrong he Multiculturalism is not about culture.
It's about money: CHEAP LABOR. Let the bosses pay HEFTY FINES for
hiring illegal labor.

THE LEFT IS WRONG IN DEFENDING A POSITION THAT BENEFITS THE RIGHT.

We must also support a revolution in Mexico. Let them legalize
marijuana and all. Drop Mexican politicos as we dropped Mubarak.