The Price of War could get you thousands of bridges and more

Old July 4th 11, 03:07 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default The Price of War could get you thousands of bridges and more

On Jul 4, 9:39 am, dr_jeff > wrote:
> On 7/4/11 9:32 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
>
> Philosopher wrote:
> > On Jul 3, 12:47 pm, > wrote:
> >> On 7/3/11 10:53 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

> <...>
>
> >> Wrote to Channel 7. Good job. How about calling the mayor's office.

> > No, I haven't. I assume I will get the same answer I got from the
> > other city that recommended me NOT to ride a bike in the area.

> To ASSUME is to make an ASS out of YOU, but then you blame me.
>
> If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

No, I just follow a different strategy not unheard of in the jungle.
MAKE NOISE, BIG NOISE. I don't like being rejected or dismissed so I
start ignoring them too. I don't even ask many ladies to go out with
me. I say, "Let's get down to business, baby!"

But tell you what... What if we write to the concerned cities right
from here? I did publish my letter to the engineers of the city of Bay
Harbor Islands. The problem is they are little tiny cities and they
have their own ordinances and they want their territory well kept to
themselves. In other words, they are upper middle class areas where a
guy on a bike is just a monkey.

> Take your bike to the nearest Target and ask where the crying towels
> are. You need one with all your whining.

Sure. "BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS."

> >> Obama isn't pouring money anywhere. That's because the conservatives in
> >> Congress think it is more important to make sure rich people pay little
> >> in taxes than provide education, roads or other services to people.

> >> And, that is what *I* write my representatives about as well as march on
> >> city hall.

> >> Jeff

> >> And, please don't post this to michael moore group. I think he is a jerk.

> > Michael Moore may be a jerk. I don't even know what his point is.

> Yet you cross post to his group. Guess who that makes the jerk to be?

Well, he may be a jerk but his sympathizers may not necessarily be.

This is a question for them all:

"Hey guys, are you all jerks? Then why do you follow a jerk?"

> > Anyway, the Republicans are slowing down the Democrats and the
> > Democrats are not willing to shake the tree. They can't. There's been
> > an increase in public works that I have observed but it may be going
> > down the drain as well.

> > Are we finished as a Republic? Is it time for the People's Republic?

> When the people whine on newsgroups, but don't do anything to truly
> participate in their government, the government is for those who donate
> to the parties, not for the people. If you want it to be a people's
> republic, then you need to start truly participating. Write to the
> newspapers, the elected officials (use email if you have to), start a
> blog, etc., to express your views.
>
> Whining on the news groups doesn't really do anything (other than to
> make you look like a jerk and lets you blow of steam) to help the situation.
>
> Jeff

Not necessarily. It may add grease to the machine that it's stuck in
time. IT'S TIME FOR EVOLUTION.

Notice, I didn't say REVOLUTION.

Old July 5th 11, 01:26 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

(Did I forget to say I send a copy to my Local Forum, where thousands
of locals read it? Democracy at work... but it doesn't work!)

On Jul 4, 4:48 pm, "TDNY" > wrote:
> http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/how-banks-won/
>
> As the government prepares an emergency
> budget to help pay for the bank bailout,
> Will Hutton investigates the banks and
> what they’ve done with our money.
>
> He discovers that while ordinary taxpayers
> take the pain, for the banks it’s largely business as usual.
>
> Hutton analyses the banks’ accounts and shows
> how they are using government-guaranteed funds
> to gamble with derivatives as they did before the crash.
>
> He also reveals how the banks are still
> paying vast salaries and bonuses, and
> City head hunters tell Dispatches how
> the banks hide the sums they’re really paying out.
>
> With the help of former and current members
> of the Bank of England’s monetary policy committee,
> Hutton shows how the banks’ booming margins come
> the free and near-free money the government and
> taxpayers gave them to save the banking system.
>
> He also investigates the banks’ intense lobbying
> to resist government plans for reform and highlights
> recent research from the OECD on how Britain is
> internationally unusual in the extent to which
> bankers have key roles in the civil service and government.
>
> Featuring high-powered contributors such as
> President Obama’s banking advisor Paul Volcker,
> former Chancellor Alastair Darling, former City
> minister Lord Myners and current Business
> Secretary Vince Cable, Hutton shows why
> without urgent reform we risk the prospect
> of another crash –
>
> this time there won’t be any money left for a bail-out –
> plus the certainty of British business being starved of vital funding.
>
> With the Eurozone crisis fueling fears of another banking crash,
> this programme is an urgent and shocking call to action.
>
> Watch the full documentary now

The problem comes from the greedy banks at the top all the way down to
the bureaucrats that fail to use the money wisely --wasted in
excessive lighting, for example-- to union members that sit on their
ass.

I'm not sure if the park attendants where I live are union members but
they sure sit on their ass while leaving the big trucks running so
they stay in nice air conditioning.

"UNITED WE STAND, CORRUPT WE FALL"

Old July 6th 11, 02:34 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

DEMOCRACY AT WORK:

(making noise at my local forum)

The "bike lane" on McArthur Causeway is still closed. I don't know
since when but I noticed first several months ago. Not that I'd ever
dare to ride on that lane without some kind of physical barrier --cars
going over 50+miles.

I think that lane is just there for show like many others. Then they
channel you into Venetian Causeway, also under construction. If you
follow Biscayne north it's even worst. I rode on the middle lane --the
turning lane-- just to avoid the grinding unfinished curbs.

I sincerely prefer they send the money to Iraq.

***

Do you, guys, know the difference between DEMOCRACY and FREE SPEECH?

"Free Speech is when you can talk, Democracy is when they hear you."

Old July 8th 11, 02:41 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

On Jul 7, 11:43 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher" > wrote:

> The only thing we can't teach them is how to be wise the funds, or
> even what that infrastructure should look like.
>
> It's complicated but in the end it's all about money.

When the history of the empires tells the end of America, it'll say
it's CORRUPTION that brought it down. We did all these fatal mistakes:

1- We exported our manufacturing to China,

2- We embarked on too many wars and we didn't tax it,

3- We failed to adapt to the changes happening in the world, chiefly
Climate Change,

4- We failed to tax gasoline and thus encourage alternative
transportation,

5- We failed to tell the truth in order to win elections,

6- We failed to listen to the FIRST & LAST MESSENGER OF THE JUNGLE
(me)...

China will only reign for a short while and it'll fall too. The Earth
can not sustain it.

Here my crystal ball goes dark.

http://a6.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/050/...l.frourozv.png