What is

Old November 29th 13, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

Default What is

On 11/29/2013 4:15 PM, wrote:
> AMuzi wrote "I am one of the most conservative conservatives you haven't
> met. Does that have any relevance to a picture I linked for "
>
> Conservative Liberal: Cares about the environment, supports gay rights, racial equality, programs to help the poor, BUUUT: Is against change simply for the sake of change. AKA "If it ain't broke don't F__K with it!"
>
> Also: Prefers a solid handshake to all this fist-bumping going on, and supports making English the official language of the mightiest nation 93million miles from the sun.
>
> Being as conservative as you suggest you are, you should be as much in favor of a straight-throw Automatic as I am.

If I ever find a problem with a three speed manual column
shifter, I'll consider that.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Old November 29th 13, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 11/29/2013 7:24 AM, T0m $herman wrote:
> On 11/26/2013 10:11 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>>

>> Any competent driver who want's to should be able to master one of these
>> in short order. You should never look down when shifting. That's a no
>> no! What can I say? Your eyes will always mess you up when shifting.[...]

> Agreed - I only look at the shifter when riding a motorcycle. o_°

Let's face it, today's transmissions are far too difficult to operate.
My suggestion is that the manufacturers start using push-button
Torqueflite transmissions ala 60's Dodges. My buddy used to shift with
his big toe - even though he had all his fingers on his left hand. I
love those things. This is exactly what people with limited dexterity need!
Old November 30th 13, 02:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 11/29/2013 08:01 PM, . wrote:
> "AMuzi" > wrote in message
>> On 11/29/2013 4:15 PM, wrote:
>>> AMuzi wrote "I am one of the most conservative conservatives you haven't
>>> met. Does that have any relevance to a picture I linked for "

>>> Conservative Liberal: Cares about the environment, supports gay rights,
>>> racial equality, programs to help the poor, BUUUT: Is against change
>>> simply for the sake of change. AKA "If it ain't broke don't F__K with
>>> it!"

>>> Also: Prefers a solid handshake to all this fist-bumping going on, and
>>> supports making English the official language of the mightiest nation
>>> 93million miles from the sun.

>>> Being as conservative as you suggest you are, you should be as much in
>>> favor of a straight-throw Automatic as I am.

>> If I ever find a problem with a three speed manual column shifter, I'll
>> consider that.
>>
>> Andrew Muzi

> Oh how I long for the "three on the tree" days, with the
> inevitably worn bushings that would result in jams, and
> require getting out of the car, sometimes even having to
> get under the car, to rectify the fault.
>
> N O T !

You forgot having to grind reverse to find the neutral gate... good times!

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old December 1st 13, 06:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

On 11/29/2013 7:01 PM, . wrote:
> "AMuzi" > wrote in message
>> On 11/29/2013 4:15 PM, wrote:
>>> AMuzi wrote "I am one of the most conservative conservatives you haven't
>>> met. Does that have any relevance to a picture I linked for "

>>> Conservative Liberal: Cares about the environment, supports gay rights,
>>> racial equality, programs to help the poor, BUUUT: Is against change
>>> simply for the sake of change. AKA "If it ain't broke don't F__K with
>>> it!"

>>> Also: Prefers a solid handshake to all this fist-bumping going on, and
>>> supports making English the official language of the mightiest nation
>>> 93million miles from the sun.

>>> Being as conservative as you suggest you are, you should be as much in
>>> favor of a straight-throw Automatic as I am.

>> If I ever find a problem with a three speed manual column shifter, I'll
>> consider that.
>>
>> Andrew Muzi

> Oh how I long for the "three on the tree" days, with the
> inevitably worn bushings that would result in jams, and
> require getting out of the car, sometimes even having to
> get under the car, to rectify the fault.
>
> N O T !

It's just maintenance like any other part of your vehicle.

Old December 1st 13, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_14_]

"AMuzi" > wrote in message
>>> If I ever find a problem with a three speed manual column shifter, I'll
>>> consider that.

>>> Andrew Muzi

>> Oh how I long for the "three on the tree" days, with the
>> inevitably worn bushings that would result in jams, and
>> require getting out of the car, sometimes even having to
>> get under the car, to rectify the fault.

>> N O T !

> It's just maintenance like any other part of your vehicle.
>
> Andrew Muzi
> <www.yellowjersey.org/>
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I've never once needed to stop due to worn shift linkage
bushings on automatice transmission equipped vehicles
and execute that corrective while driving down the street,
although it's not at all an uncommon occurrence with TOT.

Old December 1st 13, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 2:04:52 PM UTC-6, . wrote:

> >> Oh how I long for the "three on the tree" days, with the

> >> inevitably worn bushings that would result in jams, and

> >> require getting out of the car, sometimes even having to

> >> get under the car, to rectify the fault.

> >> N O T !

> > It's just maintenance like any other part of your vehicle.

> > Andrew Muzi

> > <www.yellowjersey.org/>

> > Open every day since 1 April, 1971

> I've never once needed to stop due to worn shift linkage
>
> bushings on automatice transmission equipped vehicles
>
> and execute that corrective while driving down the street,
>
> although it's not at all an uncommon occurrence with TOT.

Back the 1970s I bought a 1962 Ford Faclon, six cylinders, manual shift transmission. One time I had to jiggle the shift rods under there to get it to shift gears properly. I never did have any more problems with it after that.