Be careful where you pull over...

Old December 12th 04, 11:43 PM
spinfire

Off topic question:

I often see cars pulled over, unoccupied, with a bright orange sticker
on the back windshield. There are words on the sticker, but they
aren't readable from a distance.

Anyone know what these are? I've seen this in several New England
states.

Old December 13th 04, 04:33 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, spinfire wrote:

> I often see cars pulled over, unoccupied, with a bright orange sticker
> on the back windshield. There are words on the sticker, but they aren't
> readable from a distance. Anyone know what these are? I've seen this in
> several New England states.

In a nutshell: "Dude, move yer car within such-and-such time period or
we're going to consider it abandoned and move it for you."
Old December 13th 04, 04:33 AM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 13th 04, 02:49 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article .com>,
spinfire > wrote:
>Off topic question:
>
>I often see cars pulled over, unoccupied, with a bright orange sticker
>on the back windshield. There are words on the sticker, but they
>aren't readable from a distance.
>
>Anyone know what these are? I've seen this in several New England
>states.

Most likely they say "ABANDONED VEHICLE -- MOVE WITHIN X DAYS OR WILL
BE TOWED" or something to that effect.

Old December 13th 04, 02:49 PM
Matthew Russotto

Old December 13th 04, 04:59 PM
Jim Yanik

"spinfire" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Off topic question:
>
> I often see cars pulled over, unoccupied, with a bright orange sticker
> on the back windshield. There are words on the sticker, but they
> aren't readable from a distance.
>
> Anyone know what these are? I've seen this in several New England
> states.

They may be cars that became disabled(distressed motorists),and the orange
sticker lets passing police know the vehicle was already checked out,so
they don't make an unnecessary stop.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old December 13th 04, 04:59 PM
Jim Yanik

"spinfire" > wrote in
oups.com:

Old December 18th 04, 07:32 PM
Keith Winkler

<The article does not say exactly where, but
it could have been a place where the freeway makes a right curve around
a hill that blocks the view.>

Highway 92 eastbound is downhill and there is a righthand curve. There is
also a hillside that blocks your forward view right at that curve. About 39
years ago, I was headed east down that curve one afternoon at a fairly high
speed. Just as I entered the curve, I suddenly noticed that both lanes were
blocked with backed up traffic that I hadn't been able to see because of the
hill. I put every pound of force I could on the brake and somehow managed
to stop without rear-ending someone (I guess the brakes on my 1958 Morris
Minor were pretty good after all). I had only been driving for a couple of
years (and the freeway itself was only about that old at the time) but it
was quite a lesson for me: expect the worst when you can't see.

Steering pull Spud Demon 4x4 3 December 2nd 04 12:10 PM
Pull out and nuke it! Bchbound Corvette 2 November 6th 04 12:08 PM