Can you id this part?

Old November 20th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Default Can you id this part?

I am 99% certain that this came off of a miata, probably from under the
dash. Before I go digging for part numbers, does anyone recognize what
it is?

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/miatapart.jpg

Thanks!

Pat
Old November 21st 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
>I am 99% certain that this came off of a miata, probably from under the
>dash. Before I go digging for part numbers, does anyone recognize what it
>is?
>
> http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/miatapart.jpg
>
> Thanks!

Sure - that's the pressure indicator switch relay for the blinker fluid. <G>

Make sure you get it back into place before you need to signal a turn!

Iva & Belle
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old November 21st 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Don Bruder

In article >, "Iva" >
wrote:

> Pat wrote:
> >I am 99% certain that this came off of a miata, probably from under the
> >dash. Before I go digging for part numbers, does anyone recognize what it
> >is?
> >
> > http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/miatapart.jpg
> >
> > Thanks!

> Sure - that's the pressure indicator switch relay for the blinker fluid. <G>
>
> Make sure you get it back into place before you need to signal a turn!

Yeah, sure, smarty-pants... But which blinker is it for?

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd> for more info
Old November 21st 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

He's got to leave something for Pat to figure out. Remember that "use it or
lose it" principal on the brain cells?

Chris
99BBB

Old November 21st 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> He's got to leave something for Pat to figure out. Remember that "use it or
> lose it" principal on the brain cells?

Oops. Too late.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old November 21st 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Pat,
I think that is the "pressure sensor" for the "Ejection Seat" from a
Japanese "Zero". It tells the car not to eject you if the hard top is
on. :-) Mitsubishi had some left over after the war. :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old November 21st 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Iva wrote:
> Pat wrote:
>> I am 99% certain that this came off of a miata, probably from under the
>> dash. Before I go digging for part numbers, does anyone recognize what it
>> is?
>>
>> http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/miatapart.jpg
>>
>> Thanks!

> Sure - that's the pressure indicator switch relay for the blinker fluid. <G>
>
> Make sure you get it back into place before you need to signal a turn!
>
> Iva & Belle
> '90B Classic Red.)
> #3 winkin' Miata

Har har!
If I used a turn signal around here, people would think I was from
another planet and lock me up. I am guessing that a turn signal gets
used about twice a week total within the Austin city limits... ;-)

The car that I think this came off of went to miata heaven.

This is the white 1990 that jumped a high curb, broke one wheel into
pieces, ripped the oil pan open, bent a sway bar end link almost 45
degrees, and shoved the steering rack into the underbody so far that it
had to be cut off.
I was hoping that it was part of the cruise control or airbag system.

Pat
Old November 21st 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> He's got to leave something for Pat to figure out. Remember that "use it or
> lose it" principal on the brain cells?
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Iva is now a he? When was the operation?
Better watch it, old man. It looks like someone's gray matter is
slipping... ;-)

Pat
Old November 21st 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

THE MIDDLE ONE ?

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old November 21st 06, 06:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
>
>> He's got to leave something for Pat to figure out. Remember that "use it or
>> lose it" principal on the brain cells?

> Oops. Too late.

Now that is just mean.

I would try to come up with a rebuttal, but I already have Chris to
declare war on, and battling two superior opponents at once just can't
be pretty......

Pat