NAPA vs. Autozone vs. O'Reilly... price and quality?

Old February 28th 17, 06:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default NAPA vs. Autozone vs. O'Reilly... price and quality?

> In January of this year, I went to a NAPA store.I had already drank a
> lot of coffee that morning and it was cold weather.As soon as I got to
> that NAPA store, I needed to use the rest room, it was sort of an
> emergency.They would not let me use their rest room.There is NO way on
> Earth I will ever go to any NAPA store ever again! In my opinion, those
> ''people'' who work at that NAPA store discriminated against ME.If you
> know what I mean?
> There are plenty of other auto parts stores around here, I don't need
> NAPA.
> cuhulin

Was reading through your comment and since i work at NAPA we don't let costumers use restrooms because of incidents that have happened with costumers children messing with the toilet which causes it to overflow and then employees have to clean up the mess, if it were up to us we would but its company policy to not let costumers use restrooms anymore, we "people" would never discriminate against anybody.
Old February 28th 17, 08:50 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 7:27:25 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 7:02:52 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> > In January of this year, I went to a NAPA store.I had already drank a
> > lot of coffee that morning and it was cold weather.As soon as I got to
> > that NAPA store, I needed to use the rest room, it was sort of an
> > emergency.They would not let me use their rest room.There is NO way on
> > Earth I will ever go to any NAPA store ever again! In my opinion, those
> > ''people'' who work at that NAPA store discriminated against ME.If you
> > know what I mean?
> > There are plenty of other auto parts stores around here, I don't need
> > NAPA.
> > cuhulin

> Was reading through your comment and since i work at NAPA we don't let costumers use restrooms because of incidents that have happened with costumers children messing with the toilet which causes it to overflow and then employees have to clean up the mess, if it were up to us we would but its company policy to not let costumers use restrooms anymore, we "people" would never discriminate against anybody.

That's a poor policy. For more information on this try, being refused a bathroom when you got to go. My guess is you'll be able to figure out why it's a bad policy real quick.
Old March 1st 17, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I have worked for all three companies in the last 5 years and as both an employee and a customer I feel O'reillys is by far superior in customer service(Lifetime Warranties) which will be tracked under your phone number, they also 9/10 are the cheapest of the three and if you ever find that they aren't, they will gladly do price adjustments to and competitors price as long as its not an online only retailer(amazon, LMC, ECT). when i was employed with auto zone I was rebuilding the whole front steering and suspension on my truck and after buying tie rods only to find mismatching parts in the boxes labeled with the same P/N and missing half my zero fittings and castle nutss that were "included" I decided my employee pricing wasn't worth the lack of quality and peace of mind, so I bought 99% of my parts at O'reillys have had no complaints with any of my new front end thus far, and they even hired me on the spot. which I am grateful for, the benefits are far better and the environment I work in is great, love every member on my team,love coming to work and working along side parts countermen whom I can trust to provide the same advice and customer service that we all hope to find when we walk through the doors at our local parts house.

Old March 1st 17, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin Bottorff[_3_]

wrote in
:

> I have worked for all three companies in the last 5 years and as both
> an employee and a customer I feel O'reillys is by far superior in
> customer service(Lifetime Warranties) which will be tracked under your
> phone number, they also 9/10 are the cheapest of the three and if you
> ever find that they aren't, they will gladly do price adjustments to
> and competitors price as long as its not an online only
> retailer(amazon, LMC, ECT). when i was employed with auto zone I was
> rebuilding the whole front steering and suspension on my truck and
> after buying tie rods only to find mismatching parts in the boxes
> labeled with the same P/N and missing half my zero fittings and castle
> nutss that were "included" I decided my employee pricing wasn't worth
> the lack of quality and peace of mind, so I bought 99% of my parts at
> O'reillys have had no complaints with any of my new front end thus
> far, and they even hired me on the spot. which I am grateful for, the
> benefits are far better and the environment I work in is great, love
> every member on my team,love coming to work and working along side
> parts countermen whom I can trust to provide the same advice and
> customer service that we all hope to find when we walk through the
> doors at our local parts house.
>
> On Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 9:29:16 AM UTC-7, /dev/phaeton wrote:
>> Using online catalogues, i've priced out the parts to rebuild the
>> front end on my truck. (In-store pricing might be slightly different)
>> This will mean 2 upper control arm assys, 2 lower ball joints,
>> control arm bushings all around, and inner and outer tie rod ends for
>> both sides.
>>
>> At NAPA, it's about $450 for parts, at Autozone about $370, and
>> O'Reilly will be just under $300. These are all using store-branded
>> parts, not the generic (in NAPA's case) or Moog brand (in O'Reilly's
>> case). Is there any significant reason for this, or any major
>> quality differences? We're talking about a bunch of machined metal
>> and rubber, not microcontrollers. For all I know they could all be
>> made by the same contractor.
>>
>> Tempting as it it is, I see entire kits of everything listed above on
>> eBay for under $100. They're generic names, but no more generic
>> sounding to me than the store brands.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks.

nice sales pitch, Orileys is seldom as cheep as the others, but what I
like is they have it in stock. If I got to have it now thats where I
check first. KB
Old September 11th 17, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Honestly as an ex-mechanic I prefer AutoZone without a doubt and here is why:
1.Good prices good parts. You can never go wrong with Duralast... I mean the name even sounds sexy.. Dura (Greek) means strong Last (English) means lasts for a good time.
2. The customer service cannot be matched. Within 5 seconds of me being in the store the workers were offering me drinks and food and making feel at home. Then they make sure they ask for your rewards card so you dont miss out on any points. Check engine light? They gotcha. Need to test a battery, alternator or a starter? they gotcha. Need to replace a battery? they gotcha.. Need new windshield wipers but dont know how to put them on? they gothca.
3. Theyre knowledge. Incredible people with the best experience and suggestions. They once told me that the reason my car was acting the way it was because I had a missing axle nut. Sounds pretty simple right? but guess what... they didnt even look at my car and they knew what was wrong. Best damn customer care and product store in the whole freaking America.
4.Their website... easy, understandable, not hard. dont know what youre looking for? call them they will literally stop what theyre doing and help you so you can go to bed at night without having to worry about a damn car. Cant spell because you never got your diploma or GED? just type in part of the word and it shows up.
Now lets discuss O'Reillys
you walk in and its a ****ing **** show. Workers sometimes dont even dress according to the dress code... i mean one time i walked in and this guy was picking his nose and then he asks me if i wanna buy sea foam? i looked at him and i realized this aint autozone so i shouldve seen this coming. then i go over and ask one of their workers if they have a heater core for a 04 dodge caravan... guess what he says? Whats that.. now as a person who was raised right i knew the right think was to calm down.. but my fist wasnt listening so i reach over the counter and glock this dumbass in his stupid o'reillys face.. and guess what he does goes to bathroom and cries. If i were to do that at Autozone i wouldve got my ass whooped. I mean one time some customer started yelling at the store manager and the manager kicked ass out and straight no glove beat his ass infront of his kids. Yeah kids got scarred so bad they repeated 4th grade. Then the manager comes over and asks me if everything is ok.. and i go dude u gotta be ****ting fam, i came here to buy a heater core and ur worker doesnt know what that is.. and he apologizes and finds me m stuff and he is checking me out. Now guess what he doesnt do ask for my rewards which is good because i dont have one. I leave the store all ****ed and i forgot to pick up a radiator hose and i over to autozone and guess what they knew what it was and they helped. SO moral of this story is **** O'Reillys they can eat a bag of **** them dumbasses probably think blinker fluid is real smh
Old September 11th 17, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin Bottorff[_3_]

wrote in
:

> [...]
> and glock this dumbass in his stupid o'reillys face.. and guess what
> he does goes to bathroom and cries. If i were to do that at Autozone i
> wouldve got my ass whooped. I mean one time some customer started
> yelling at the store manager and the manager kicked ass out and
> straight no glove beat his ass infront of his kids. Yeah kids got
> scarred so bad they repeated 4th grade. Then the manager comes over
> and asks me if everything is ok.. and i go dude u gotta be ****ting
> fam, i came here to buy a heater core and ur worker doesnt know what
> that is.. and he apologizes and finds me m stuff and he is checking me
> out. Now guess what he doesnt do ask for my rewards which is good
> because i dont have one. I leave the store all ****ed and i forgot to
> pick up a radiator hose and i over to autozone and guess what they

ya know, for a troll you don`t even tell a good story. KB
Old September 6th 18, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mr Trumppet

replying to cuhulin, Mr Trumppet wrote:
They are allowed to refuse you. Those bathrooms are private and why should
they have you go use their bathroom and then **** all over the seat and then
they have to clean it up? I work at an autozone and I refuse the use of a
bathroom, one because our bathrooms are private and for employees only, and I
don’t feel like cleaning up after some scumbag off the street.

--
for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/tech/nap...ity-91240-.htm

Old September 6th 18, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 2:18:05 AM UTC-10, Mr Trumppet wrote:
> replying to cuhulin, Mr Trumppet wrote:
> They are allowed to refuse you. Those bathrooms are private and why should
> they have you go use their bathroom and then **** all over the seat and then
> they have to clean it up? I work at an autozone and I refuse the use of a
> bathroom, one because our bathrooms are private and for employees only, and I
> don’t feel like cleaning up after some scumbag off the street.
>
> --
> for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/tech/nap...ity-91240-.htm

I think to be fair, there shouldn't be any bathrooms at work. Everybody has to do their "business" at home. This will help build a world of super men and women.
Old September 7th 18, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Roger Blake[_2_]

On 2018-09-06, Mr Trumppet > wrote:
> replying to cuhulin, Mr Trumppet wrote:
> They are allowed to refuse you. Those bathrooms are private and why should
> they have you go use their bathroom and then **** all over the seat and then
> they have to clean it up? I work at an autozone and I refuse the use of a
> bathroom, one because our bathrooms are private and for employees only, and I
> don’t feel like cleaning up after some scumbag off the street.

If someone needs a public bathroom all they need to do is head over to
the nearest Starbuck's. One has to give Starbuck's kudos for solving a
long-standing problem in Manhattan and other large cities - the lack of
public bathrooms.

Of course in many areas you might not want to go into one of those bathrooms
without a hazmat suit after the indigenous "public" gets done with them.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org
Old September 11th 18, 02:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 10:11:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> [...]
> you walk in and its a ****ing **** show. Workers sometimes dont even dress according to the dress code... i mean one time i walked in and this guy was picking his nose and then he asks me if i wanna buy sea foam? i looked at him and i realized this aint autozone so i shouldve seen this coming. then i go over and ask one of their workers if they have a heater core for a 04 dodge caravan... guess what he says? Whats that.. now as a person who was raised right i knew the right think was to calm down.. but my fist wasnt listening so i reach over the counter and glock this dumbass in his stupid o'reillys face.. and guess what he does goes to bathroom and cries. If i were to do that at Autozone i wouldve got my ass whooped. I mean one time some customer started yelling at the store manager and the manager kicked ass out and straight no glove beat his ass infront of his kids. Yeah kids got scarred so bad they repeated 4th grade. Then the manager comes over and asks me if everything is ok.. and i go dude u gotta be ****ting fam, i came here to buy a heater core and ur worker doesnt know what that is.. and he apologizes and finds me m stuff and he is checking me out. Now guess what he doesnt do ask for my rewards which is good because i dont have one. I leave the store all ****ed and i forgot to pick up a radiator hose and i over to autozone and guess what they knew what it was and they helped. SO moral of this story is **** O'Reillys they can eat a bag of **** them dumbasses probably think blinker fluid is real smh

Around here they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground! They ask me if I have rear disc or drum brakes for a wheel cylinder!

They also don't know the difference between a resistor spark plug and a non resistor!