Giulietta - new photos

Old December 22nd 09, 05:03 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
J.D.[_2_]

Default Giulietta - new photos

"Zathras" > wrote in message

> Oh for goodness sake!! The GT won the prestigious "L'Automobile più
> Bella del Mondo" along with the Murcielago. So, in summary, the GT is
> a pretty thing (not IMHO) and you've got no taste (IMHO). Even so, I
> do agree with you about the rear lights! :-(

Of course, GT is pretty thing but I do not agree with you about rear lights.
Imagine there are bigger! How bigger? Like 156? No, of course not.
Like 159 or Brera? No, it would be funny.
They are small, but they are pretty. In Alfa Romeo they know what
they are doing. I am sure of that.
For me GT is beauty (Black line is fantastic) and she was almost mine
(in last minute 159 won). Now every time I see GT, I'm suffering.

Old December 22nd 09, 05:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:16:46 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> Zathras wrote:
>>> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:40:44 +0000, Catman

>>> Fool..the GT was always a good looking motor! ;-)
>>>

>> You think? I don't. Rear lights are too small, so the straight rear on
>> view looks too lardy, and the grill is too big, but not agressive
>> enough. IMHO of course.

> Oh for goodness sake!! The GT won the prestigious "L'Automobile più
> Bella del Mondo" along with the Murcielago. So, in summary, the GT is
> a pretty thing (not IMHO) and you've got no taste (IMHO).

*excellent* I do so like to be different

Even so, I
> do agree with you about the rear lights! :-( Having said that, I
> thought it always gave the car a distinctive and unique appearance at
> the rear.

The rear three quarter view is all tourer IMHO

>The front is pretty. Like my women, aggressive and butch is
> out for a car to get my vote on the looks front.

Well yes, but a car doesn't need to be over butch IYSWIM.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old December 22nd 09, 05:53 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:15:32 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> Zathras wrote:
>>> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:15:43 +0000, Catman

>>> Sorry. In one draft of my rant, I'd put in an apology to yourself but
>>> I deleted it thinking that if I didn't draw attention to it you'd not
>>> notice. Shoulda known.. Regardless, yours is still prettier than the
>>> latest vomit.. 8-(
>>>

>> Heh. In all honesty, I don't think it could be described as pretty.

> Observe that I said it was prettier than a pavement pizza. Next up the
> pretty scale would be a dog turd..that still doesn't count as remotely
> pretty!

Oooh cutting.

>> But then, neither am I.

> Steady, at least SWMBO must be able to tolerate your appearance. If
> not, there must be compensatory factors elsewhere.. 8-)

You'll have to ask her

>> Imposing will do me.

> Hadn't you lost most of that after consulting with Dr Atkins!

Not really. The fat made me softer IYSWIM. Now I think I'm more imposing

Old December 22nd 09, 05:54 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

J.D. wrote:
> "Zathras" > wrote in message
>
>> Oh for goodness sake!! The GT won the prestigious "L'Automobile più
>> Bella del Mondo" along with the Murcielago. So, in summary, the GT is
>> a pretty thing (not IMHO) and you've got no taste (IMHO). Even so, I
>> do agree with you about the rear lights! :-(

> Of course, GT is pretty thing but I do not agree with you about rear lights.
> Imagine there are bigger! How bigger? Like 156? No, of course not.
> Like 159 or Brera?

Maserati 3200?

>No, it would be funny.
> They are small, but they are pretty. In Alfa Romeo they know what
> they are doing. I am sure of that.
> For me GT is beauty (Black line is fantastic) and she was almost mine
> (in last minute 159 won). Now every time I see GT, I'm suffering.

Ahh well, it is a fantastic car from the driver's seat. That V6 is to
kill for

Old December 22nd 09, 06:20 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:53:32 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>Zathras wrote:
>> Steady, at least SWMBO must be able to tolerate your appearance. If
>> not, there must be compensatory factors elsewhere.. 8-)

>You'll have to ask her

Haw, hen..what first attracted you to 'big boy' Catman then..looks,
equipment, economy, comfort, handling or big..er..alloys..??

>>> Imposing will do me.

>> Hadn't you lost most of that after consulting with Dr Atkins!
>>

>Not really. The fat made me softer IYSWIM. Now I think I'm more imposing

You mean..er..your *ripped* now???!! I take back all my previous
cheek..er..it was directed at another Catman..yes that'll do it..<runs
away like the coward I am..>

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old December 23rd 09, 06:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_12_]

"J.D." > wrote in message
> She is not looking bad ...
> http://alfaromeogiulietta.it/

I hate to get all 'emporers new clothes', but isn't this just a mito with an
extra door.

Alfa seem to be heading down the ford (amongst others) line - all models
just look the same - a fiesta looks like a focus, but slightly further away!

Old December 23rd 09, 06:10 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_12_]

"Dave Savage" > wrote in message

> "R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
>> Zathras spoke:
>>> If it's anything like the Mito, it won't look a great deal better in
>>> the flesh either.

>> It looks just like a MiTo with angles, to me.

Ah - I didn't read this before I replied with my post about it looking like
a mito!

Old December 23rd 09, 10:23 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:05:55 -0000, "GT"
> wrote:

>Alfa seem to be heading down the ford (amongst others) line

In more ways than one..it can't have escaped anyone that the rear side
window, back window and C pillar of the Giulietta are pure Ford
Fiesta!

Old December 23rd 09, 10:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Zathras > wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:05:55 -0000, "GT"
> > wrote:
>
> >Alfa seem to be heading down the ford (amongst others) line

> In more ways than one..it can't have escaped anyone that the rear side
> window, back window and C pillar of the Giulietta are pure Ford
> Fiesta!

Noooo! How can any Alfisti say that?!

The reason for it is that the Fiesta is a re-hash of the Grande Punto /
Bravo design themes.... and given that the Giulietta is based on the
Bravo, it's no surprise.

It's definitely a 'grower' - the more I look at it, the more I like it.

Can't really get into the MiTo, but Mrs H adores them, so I have a
feeling that when we replace the 156 (which I've decided I really should
keep for a while longer....), we'll be arguing over a MiTo or Giulietta.
--
SteveH
Old December 24th 09, 10:09 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:29:46 +0000, (SteveH)
wrote:

>Zathras > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:05:55 -0000, "GT"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Alfa seem to be heading down the ford (amongst others) line

>> In more ways than one..it can't have escaped anyone that the rear side
>> window, back window and C pillar of the Giulietta are pure Ford
>> Fiesta!

>Noooo! How can any Alfisti say that?!

Dunno..I'm a retired Alfisiti, remember. Unless membership doesn't
require ownership..

>The reason for it is that the Fiesta is a re-hash of the Grande Punto /
>Bravo design themes.... and given that the Giulietta is based on the
>Bravo, it's no surprise.

Next you'll be telling me the 156 was a re-hash of a Tipo! ;-)

>It's definitely a 'grower' - the more I look at it, the more I like it.

I agree from all angles except the front which is still awful, IMHO.

The 156 spoiled me..I lusted after that from first sight. I knew, even
before I bought mine, that Alfa wouldn't be able to match the beauty
again. Anyway, I'm not buying something with stupid bug eyes. I
refused to buy a last-generation Ford Granada (and openly laughed at
the ugliness) and will be skipping Alfas, at least, until the design
team depart the bug eyes phase..yuk.

>Can't really get into the MiTo, but Mrs H adores them, so I have a
>feeling that when we replace the 156 (which I've decided I really should
>keep for a while longer....), we'll be arguing over a MiTo or Giulietta.

I miss my old Alfa but, I'll skip those two just as I skipped the
159..

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)

For sale: Giulietta '78 Monét Alfa Romeo 2 March 17th 06 06:01 PM
Giulietta '78 Monét Alfa Romeo 5 February 13th 06 10:50 AM
GTV and Giulietta SteveH Alfa Romeo 2 September 19th 05 04:39 PM
Giulietta is purring again :) Gordon Alfa Romeo 1 July 7th 04 04:15 PM
I 50 anni di Giulietta Bourne Alfa Romeo 2 May 13th 04 07:30 PM