DAMP! 156

Old December 6th 09, 04:02 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Simon Bothwell

Default DAMP! 156

My 1999 156 is constantly damp internally, is there a pollen filter or
similar that could be holding water?

Old December 6th 09, 04:10 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Simon Bothwell wrote:
> My 1999 156 is constantly damp internally, is there a pollen filter or
> similar that could be holding water?

Yes. If it's actually damp (like the carpets are wet) it's more likely
to be an A/C condenser hose, depending on where the carpets are wet IYSWIM

If it just mists up all the time, then the filter needs replacing.

It's in the scuttle, passenger side (in the UK) easy to get to with teh
bonnet up.

HTH

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old December 6th 09, 04:27 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Catman > wrote:

> Simon Bothwell wrote:
> > My 1999 156 is constantly damp internally, is there a pollen filter or
> > similar that could be holding water?
> >

> Yes. If it's actually damp (like the carpets are wet) it's more likely
> to be an A/C condenser hose, depending on where the carpets are wet IYSWIM
>
> If it just mists up all the time, then the filter needs replacing.
>
> It's in the scuttle, passenger side (in the UK) easy to get to with teh
> bonnet up.
>
> HTH

Think yourself lucky, then - 'cos it's a right PITA to get to on a
facelift car - being tucked up behind the dash in the passenger
footwell.

Is there any harm in running without one? - 'cos I removed it from the
'wagon when it started to smell of stale ****, and haven't got around to
replacing it yet.
--
SteveH
Old December 6th 09, 04:34 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Bert Kanters[_2_]

Better fix it soon, this thread is about a 1998 156 V6 that was wet inside
all the time:
http://forum.alfaclub.nl/viewtopic.php?t=43998

"Catman" > schreef in bericht

Old December 6th 09, 04:39 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Bert Kanters > wrote:

> Better fix it soon, this thread is about a 1998 156 V6 that was wet inside
> all the time:
> http://forum.alfaclub.nl/viewtopic.php?t=43998

Nasty.

Shame I don't speak cloggy.
--
SteveH
Old December 6th 09, 05:03 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Bert Kanters > wrote:
>
>> Better fix it soon, this thread is about a 1998 156 V6 that was wet inside
>> all the time:
>> http://forum.alfaclub.nl/viewtopic.php?t=43998

> Nasty.
>
> Shame I don't speak cloggy.

That's the aircon condenser drain pipe making the carpet wet.

Old December 6th 09, 08:19 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Emerson

"SteveH" > wrote in message
.. .
> Bert Kanters > wrote:
>
>> Better fix it soon, this thread is about a 1998 156 V6 that was wet
>> inside
>> all the time:
>> http://forum.alfaclub.nl/viewtopic.php?t=43998

> Nasty.
>
> Shame I don't speak cloggy.

Google is your friend
http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...98&sl=nl&tl=en

--
Dave
ex Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop

Old December 7th 09, 01:13 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 15:39:59 +0000, (SteveH)
wrote:

>Bert Kanters > wrote:
>
>> Better fix it soon, this thread is about a 1998 156 V6 that was wet inside
>> all the time:

http://forum.alfaclub.nl/viewtopic.php?t=43998

>Nasty.
>
>Shame I don't speak cloggy.

Do you need to? The Fred Flintstone shot (foot through the floor)
tells a fine story. The pictures tell it all. Pretty horrific looking
but it was repaired. I wonder how long the repair will last for?

I was never brave enough to lift my 156 carpets!

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old December 7th 09, 01:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"Zathras" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 15:39:59 +0000, (SteveH)
> wrote:
>
>>Bert Kanters > wrote:
>>
>>> Better fix it soon, this thread is about a 1998 156 V6 that was wet
>>> inside
>>> all the time:

http://forum.alfaclub.nl/viewtopic.php?t=43998

>>Nasty.
>>
>>Shame I don't speak cloggy.

> Do you need to? The Fred Flintstone shot (foot through the floor)
> tells a fine story. The pictures tell it all. Pretty horrific looking
> but it was repaired. I wonder how long the repair will last for?
>
> I was never brave enough to lift my 156 carpets!

> Scotland
> Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
> 'Oil' be seeing you..
> (Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
> subject line to get through auto-filtering)

Ugh !! What a mess !

Dave S....

96 2.8L Jetta DOHC won't start when its damp out radi8 VW water cooled 3 September 23rd 08 01:11 PM
97 TJ Engine Skipping Chugging When Damp [email protected] Jeep 11 July 12th 07 02:16 AM
90 Golf is great, but jumpy when it's damp Ldray VW water cooled 7 August 2nd 06 08:06 AM
seat belt damp Jonathan Comeau BMW 0 May 21st 06 04:59 PM
92 caravan se stalling when damp dodgey Dodge 2 October 17th 04 01:46 AM