1996 cobra stuttering on acceleration

Old April 22nd 05, 05:25 PM
dave

Default 1996 cobra stuttering on acceleration

4.6 dohc 32v 57,000miles
new plugs,new air filter, new oil filter, new fuel filter
obd2 say miss in cylinder 4.
OBD2 says everything else in spec.
Have not replaced wires but I checked them and they are in spec. Wire 4
reads ~12000ohms.
Anybody ever check there wires to see what the resistance is?
Don't want to spend $130.00 on wires if they are OK.
I may have a bad exhaust valve too don't know yet.
I do excellent maintenence on the engine but I do drive it hard.

Old April 22nd 05, 06:03 PM
Mark C.

What kind of plugs are you using? Perhaps you or your mech broke #4 when
installing them. Is 130 bones the cost from the dealer for wires? You should
check for aftermarket wires from MSD or others. Are you sure that isn't 12K
milliohms?

--
Mark

Old April 22nd 05, 06:56 PM

Same problem w/ me.. was partly due to spark plugs, but mostly due to
ignition wires. Mine were $55 for a 98 Mustang GT. I don't think wires are
$130 for your car... even factory.

-Mike

--
Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!
http://www.MeltAwayCellulite.com/

Old April 22nd 05, 07:00 PM
dave

"Mark C." > wrote in message
> What kind of plugs are you using?

Motorcraft.

Perhaps you or your mech broke #4 when
> installing them.

Not broken.

Is 130 bones the cost from the dealer for wires?
From dealer, I've heard people had problems with aftemarket wires for cobra.

You should
> check for aftermarket wires from MSD or others.

$140.00 for accel wires

Are you sure that isn't 12K
> milliohms?

Yes.

Old April 22nd 05, 09:02 PM
Deputy Dog

Had the same problem on the same cylinder, reinstalled the wires and the
stutter went away.

Dave

Old April 22nd 05, 11:45 PM

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:02:58 GMT, "Deputy Dog"
> wrote:

>Had the same problem on the same cylinder, reinstalled the wires and the
>stutter went away.
>
>Dave
>
>"dave" > wrote in message
t...
>> 4.6 dohc 32v 57,000miles
>> new plugs,new air filter, new oil filter, new fuel filter
>> obd2 say miss in cylinder 4.
>> OBD2 says everything else in spec.
>> Have not replaced wires but I checked them and they are in spec. Wire 4
>> reads ~12000ohms.
>> Anybody ever check there wires to see what the resistance is?
>> Don't want to spend $130.00 on wires if they are OK.
>> I may have a bad exhaust valve too don't know yet.
>> I do excellent maintenence on the engine but I do drive it hard.

lmfao
foctard got a missfire code
from a miss when under a load
bwhahahahahahahahah
its called a vacume guage
FOCTARD
it costs about 10 bucks
tell ya how them valves are cooking

who the **** MEASURE ohms of wires
i will tell a ya secret
get a buddy
load it up
get a windex bottle ...fill with water
lightly mist the wires

believe me that many volts has to go somewhere
so promote a SPARK
what they dont tell ya in them backyard books
is theat when you measure the wire you may have "closed" the gap
in the core material ya FOCKTARD..

hurc ast
canada red seal
ford masterteck
alberta inspections

lmfao

Old April 23rd 05, 12:47 AM
Mario

If the wires aren't the problem then consider this:

The 4.6 dohc has two ignition coil packs, one for each bank of
cylinders, right? It is possible that the one that feeds cyl. #4 is
malfunctioning. Possibly a crack allowing moisture in. Is the stutter
worse when it is cold and damp outside and the engine is cold?

Mario

--
EngineOilSelector.com

Old April 23rd 05, 04:17 PM
Mark C.

"dave" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Mark C." > wrote in message
>> What kind of plugs are you using?

> Motorcraft.
>
> Perhaps you or your mech broke #4 when
>> installing them.

> Not broken.
>
> Is 130 bones the cost from the dealer for wires?
> From dealer, I've heard people had problems with aftemarket wires for
> cobra.
>
> You should
>> check for aftermarket wires from MSD or others.

> $140.00 for accel wires
>
> Are you sure that isn't 12K
>> milliohms?

> Yes.
>>
>> --
>> Mark

Dave, Most of the time you wouldn't be able to tell if a plug is broke by
looking at it.

--
Mark

Old April 23rd 05, 09:05 PM
Deputy Dog

"Mark C." > wrote in message
> "dave" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Mark C." > wrote in message
> >> What kind of plugs are you using?

> > Motorcraft.
> >
> > Perhaps you or your mech broke #4 when
> >> installing them.

> > Not broken.
> >
> > Is 130 bones the cost from the dealer for wires?
> > From dealer, I've heard people had problems with aftemarket wires for
> > cobra.
> >
> > You should
> >> check for aftermarket wires from MSD or others.

> > $140.00 for accel wires
> >
> > Are you sure that isn't 12K
> >> milliohms?

> > Yes.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark

> Dave, Most of the time you wouldn't be able to tell if a plug is broke by
> looking at it.
>

> --
> Mark
> --
> I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
> what?".

Understood and I agree, but in my case I ripped out the wires and
reinstalled them and all was hunky dory after that.

Dave

New Vette C6; 500hp 427cu in? RichA Ford Mustang 53 January 31st 05 09:34 PM
NEWSFLASH!! John Coletti, SVT Head, "Retires" [email protected] Ford Mustang 1 December 13th 04 06:48 PM
Next Mustang Cobra Delayed, Again? [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 December 8th 04 04:01 AM
GT VS. COBRA cobra boy Ford Mustang 10 November 30th 04 01:49 AM
FS: 1996 U.D. Jeff Gordon "Magic Memories" 5x7 Mail-In Card J.R. Sinclair General 0 June 22nd 04 06:08 AM