Fog on winshield (inside) during winter (97 Accord)

Old December 14th 04, 06:06 AM

Default Fog on winshield (inside) during winter (97 Accord)

I have a 97 Honda Accord. I recently moved from a much warmer climate
to michigan where the winters are brutal. Often, I get a buildup of fog
on the inside windshield, sometimes frosty as well. It can take the
climate control cracked on high almost 30 minutes before it clears up.
I tried it with and without the AC button engaged and both with recirc
and fresh air. It doesnt make much of a difference. I keep a rag in my
car to wipe the fog off, but it often just smears it, and often it
re-appears. Does anyone else experience such a problem? Is this a flaw
with the Accord climate control? Are there any solutions?

Old December 14th 04, 03:33 PM
Mike Romain

The inside steam is caused by wet carpets.

You need to fix the holes in your floor so the carpet will dry out. Or
if it is just from tracked in slush, get a rubber mat that holds the
water so you can pour it out or pick it up frozen and dump it.

You can leave a couple windows cracked open, this will help dissipate
the humidity, but as long as the carpets are wet, you will have
troubles.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 14th 04, 05:55 PM

It could also be a bad heater core. When the leak they put steam into
the heating/ac system.

Old December 14th 04, 09:21 PM
Mike Romain

There is usually a pretty obvious smell associated with that....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 14th 04, 10:47 PM

Sometimes, sometimes not. Its worth a check.

Old December 15th 04, 01:09 AM

Sometimes, sometimes not. Its worth a check.

Old December 15th 04, 03:51 PM
Mike Romain

True, it's easy enough to see if the rad fluid is also low. I have just
owned enough rust buckets to have lots of wet carpet experience. LOL!

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's