31" BFG on Jeep YJ Renegade?

Old November 13th 13, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default 31" BFG on Jeep YJ Renegade?

On Wednesday, May 17, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Marco Biasiotto wrote:
> This should be a simple question which I have not been able to answer as
> of yet. Will 31" BFG All Terrain tires (the new wider tires) fit on my
> stock 91 Jeep YJ Renegade. I would like to do so without changing my
> rims, no lift or any other changes. Does anyone have an answer?
>
> Need tires soon due to the 94,000 kms on my odometer.
>
> Marco

hey i also own a 91 yj renegade i love mine wanted to know the same thing and jeep went with the biggest tires that wont ruin the beautiful fender flares that the renegade has you can do it but when off roading they may hit the fender flares and wreck them i have been in a debate with my self on whether or not to do a lift or not if i do it'll be a 3.5 to four in lift and ill go to 33 by 12.5 instead but from all the renegades ive seen they look bad ass but if you do go with 31s do atleast a one inch lift like every one says no need to ruin the fender flares of a rare bread of yj