Steering Rack Part No. Query (A100 T44)

Old January 26th 05, 10:51 PM
Ovalking

Default Steering Rack Part No. Query (A100 T44)

I'm contemplating swapping the steering rack on my early 1988 UK A100
(split gaiter and leaks). I picked up a used replacement rack a while ago
when one came up cheap, but the part no. is slightly different.
I'd really like to know if the replacement will fit before I attempt this
job.

On car we have 444 422 065D, (ZF 7847 955 213), dated 10-87
Replacement is 444 422 065M, (ZF 7847 955 233), dated 03-90
They look similar, but the pipework is a bit different. I guess this
could be swapped too.

For extra interest I took some photos...
http://www.ovalking.e7even.com/Steer...arDrivSide.JPG
http://www.ovalking.e7even.com/Steer...rPassSide2.JPG
http://www.ovalking.e7even.com/SteeringRackNew.JPG

Thanks, Gary
Old January 27th 05, 12:59 AM
Tony

A number of people on the AudiWorld forum have access to EKTA and should be able
to answer your question.

http://forums.audiworld.com/v8/

Tony
'91 100q 5spd