Water coming from under the dash while a/c is running

Old August 8th 05, 06:54 PM
sweetc_66

Default Water coming from under the dash while a/c is running

I have water coming from under the dash on both sides of the floor when the
a/c is running. It makes a noise when I make turns and the water comes
onto the floor. Can you tell me what this is and how to fix it?

Old August 9th 05, 02:02 PM
Lynn

My son has the same problem with his 97 Civic. LOTS of water comes from the
passenger side dashboard. Haven't noticed any noise. We attempted to clean
the drain line but didn't notice any obstruction. We still haven't solved
this and would appreciate more input on where the obstruction would likely
be found.
Lynn
"Alex Rodriguez" > wrote in message
> In article

outautos.com>,

Old August 9th 05, 04:42 PM
motsco_ _

sweetc_66 wrote:
> I have water coming from under the dash on both sides of the floor when the
> a/c is running. It makes a noise when I make turns and the water comes
> onto the floor. Can you tell me what this is and how to fix it?

---------------------------

On CR-V and Odyssey (at least the earlier ones) you can unplug the fan
motor, remove three screws, and the whole blower fan falls out in your
hand. Then you can look inside with a good flashlight and a mirror to
see where the green growth is blocking the drain hole. Shoot some Lysol
in there if there has been growth.

'Curly'

Old August 16th 05, 05:21 PM

"Lynn" > wrote in :

IS his civic an SI? does it have the moon/sun roof. chances are what is
happening if it does have the roof, is that the drain hose for the roof
has separated behind the panel in the foot well. Easy test is to open
the roof and carefully pour water from a bottle into the suspected side
(if you look you'll see the drain holes in the front corners of the roof
frame) it's easier to have someone check the floor/panel area as you do
this. if the water is leaking from the tube, you'll know an soon. check
the other side whle you're at it. if you don't want to fix the tube
(trust me it's a pain ITA) just silicon the drain hole on that side up,
unless of course the other side does it well. I know it sounds
complicated or confusing, best of luck

Old August 17th 05, 04:24 PM
Lynn

Well on another inspection, we quickly determined that the hose that wasn't
stopped up the last time we checked was completely missing. Who knows!
We replaced it with a piece of 1/2" vacuum hose and are closely monitoring
to see if the problem returns.

His car doesn't have a sun roof but thanks anyway.

Thanks, Lynn

77.134...

Old August 18th 05, 04:59 AM

Never hurts to include that info. I've found that many people will forget
to think of that one. I hope your vacuum hose works out