buying bmw 325 (2005 vs 2006)

Old September 18th 04, 03:49 AM
Ruwan

Default buying bmw 325 (2005 vs 2006)

I have reviewed the specs for the 2006 Bmw 325 however I am inclined
to buy a 2005 for the following reason.
+improved reliabilty due end of life cycle
-first year production models are notorious for glitches/recalls
-negotiating below MSRP will be impossible on the 2006. ( or it may
have discounts to promote it -not sure how which way it will swing)
+Probability of negotiating below msrp on 2005 will be likely.

Thoughts from the user group is much appreciated.
Ru

Old September 18th 04, 02:32 PM
Fred W.

"Ruwan" > wrote in message
om...
> I have reviewed the specs for the 2006 Bmw 325 however I am inclined
> to buy a 2005 for the following reason.
> +improved reliabilty due end of life cycle
> -first year production models are notorious for glitches/recalls
> -negotiating below MSRP will be impossible on the 2006. ( or it may
> have discounts to promote it -not sure how which way it will swing)
> +Probability of negotiating below msrp on 2005 will be likely.
>
> Thoughts from the user group is much appreciated.
> Ru

I would tend to agree with you on all counts. The price and availability is
uncertain on the new models. You know what you can get on the current ones.
If you like the current cars and can get a deal that you are happy with, why
wait?

A bird in hand...

-Fred W

Old September 19th 04, 11:27 PM
Ruwan

True.
The only fact that bothers me (*slightly*) is that it requires a
certain amount of skill to distingish a brand new 2005 325 from a
2002/2003/2004 325. The changes are so subtle I myself find it
difficult to distinguish, being an avid bmw 3-series fan.

Thats the only reason that makes me even ponder if the 2006 is a
better alternative and like to hear the views from the group.

Ruwan

"Fred W." <Fred.Wills@'remove this to reply to' myrealbox.com> wrote in message >...
> "Ruwan" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I have reviewed the specs for the 2006 Bmw 325 however I am inclined
> > to buy a 2005 for the following reason.
> > +improved reliabilty due end of life cycle
> > -first year production models are notorious for glitches/recalls
> > -negotiating below MSRP will be impossible on the 2006. ( or it may
> > have discounts to promote it -not sure how which way it will swing)
> > +Probability of negotiating below msrp on 2005 will be likely.
> >
> > Thoughts from the user group is much appreciated.
> > Ru
> >

> I would tend to agree with you on all counts. The price and availability is
> uncertain on the new models. You know what you can get on the current ones.
> If you like the current cars and can get a deal that you are happy with, why
> wait?
>
> A bird in hand...
>
> -Fred W

2005 545i vs 2005 A6 4.2 Seth Brundle Audi 36 February 22nd 05 03:32 PM
2005 S4 Cab Flyboy Audi 0 November 23rd 04 08:35 PM
Help - 17" wheel size (offset) for 2005 S4 Cabriolet Rsmzi Nassar Audi 0 October 3rd 04 02:15 PM
2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie Ramzi Nassar Audi 4 August 7th 04 10:35 PM
Used 156 buying Advice Please ? Steve Haigh Alfa Romeo 0 April 28th 04 09:12 PM