new Honda Accord Vs old Honda Accord

Old October 16th 04, 09:45 AM
PD

Default new Honda Accord Vs old Honda Accord

Hi everybody

I am planning to buy a Honda Accord LX V6 (in December-04)

My question is:

1. Should I buy a 2004 or 2005?
2. They say that you should never buy a new car because of the
depreciation. Do you think a 2003 or a 2002 LX V6 for 17000$ and 17K
miles is worth it?
3. The 2005 Car MSRP is 23800$
Thanks a million for your inputs.

Thanks and Regards

Old October 16th 04, 02:31 PM
Dick

One way you can make the decision on your own is to look at Edmunds
for the value of cars a year apart that are approximately as old as
you would expect to keep this new car. Look at the difference in
value between the used cars, and compare that with the difference
between the cars under consideration. The longer you keep the new
car, the less difference it makes.

Old October 16th 04, 03:15 PM
Caroline

"PD" > wrote
> 2. They say that you should never buy a new car because of the
> depreciation. Do you think a 2003 or a 2002 LX V6 for 17000$ and 17K
> miles is worth it?

About 2.:
Clark Howard, a consumer expert who has a radio show, among other consumer
experts says buying a new car is economical as long as one plans to drive it
into the ground.

Also, there's the advantage that the car owner will know exactly what has been
done to the car over it's lifetime.

Old October 16th 04, 11:02 PM
Nobody

"PD" > wrote in news:1097916357.607833.246370
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Hi everybody
>
> I am planning to buy a Honda Accord LX V6 (in December-04)
>
> My question is:
>
> 1. Should I buy a 2004 or 2005?
> 2. They say that you should never buy a new car because of the
> depreciation. Do you think a 2003 or a 2002 LX V6 for 17000$ and 17K
> miles is worth it?
> 3. The 2005 Car MSRP is 23800$
> Thanks a million for your inputs.
>
> Thanks and Regards

Honda resale values don't follow the norm...they're much higher than a
Ford, Chevy, etc.
Old October 16th 04, 11:37 PM
He Hate Retard and Moron

Wait for the '06 model.

____________________________________
Do not write below this line. Reserved for me.

Old October 17th 04, 01:01 AM
PD

Thanks for your replies.

Is V6 likely to hold more value than V4 5-7 years down the line or they
would more or less sell for the same price.

thanks

Old October 18th 04, 02:18 PM
dragon

"PD" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks for your replies.
>
> Is V6 likely to hold more value than V4 5-7 years down the line or they
> would more or less sell for the same price.
>
> thanks

V4? is this a new type of engine that I have never heard of or you mean I4
(inline 4)?

ahmet

Old October 19th 04, 07:00 AM
PD

Engine : V6, SOHC, front engine FWD
Displacement : 2,997 cc
Valve : 24 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
Transmission : 5-spd automatic
Fuel economy : city - 21 mpg
highway - 30 mpg

This is the V6, I mean!

Old October 19th 04, 08:09 AM
98' Camaro

Whatever you decide to buy, a Camaro can and will burn your little "rice
car."

LONG LIVE THE CAMARO

alt.autos.camaro

Old October 21st 04, 05:21 AM
lcopps

My honda will be on the road long after your POC Camero is rusting away
in the scrap heap. It was built in Ohio with a high number of American
parts. The Camero uses a lot of Mexican made parts. The insurance
companies will also enjoy charging you premium rates. So enjoy your taco
while it runs.