Dino to Syn?

Old October 30th 04, 10:45 PM
Bill Seas

Default Dino to Syn?

Hi, I'd like to make the switch to synthetic oil in (1.6 L) 00 DX Civic
88,000 miles and was wondering if a flush of some type is needed? Or, just
make the change?

What weight Syn is appropriate?

Thanks...

Old October 30th 04, 10:51 PM
SoCalMike

Bill Seas wrote:

> Hi, I'd like to make the switch to synthetic oil in (1.6 L) 00 DX Civic
> 88,000 miles and was wondering if a flush of some type is needed? Or, just
> make the change?

if youve been changing every 5-7.5k miles, just change it.

> What weight Syn is appropriate?

IIRC, 5w30.

Old October 31st 04, 11:56 AM
Pars

I would shorten up on the next oil change, before switching over to
synthetic.

Pars

Old October 31st 04, 01:57 PM
Bill Seas

"Pars" > wrote in message
>I would shorten up on the next oil change, before switching over to
> synthetic.
>
> Pars

Ya mean change with Dino now then, say at 2,000 miles doa Syn change?

Old October 31st 04, 07:25 PM
Pars

2000miles sounds good.

I've been putting Mobel-1 into my car for the last 170,000km. Lately,
inorder to reduce on expense for oil change intervals, I've extended by
intervals to over 10,000km per oil change and have been closely monitoring
the oil condition to make sure there's no grit in it. After 10,000km, the
oil has gotten darker, but it's still clear and transparent when held up
against the light. I'm probably going to push it for another 2000km before
changing it out....it seems that the new Honda oil filters are doing a great
job.

Pars
98 Civic Hatch

nk.net...

Audi 502 Oil question KWS Audi 5 October 27th 04 12:32 AM
1.8T Oil issue -- cost Libby Audi 35 September 23rd 04 03:14 PM
Finally.. Thomas Strandtoft Alfa Romeo 34 September 16th 04 09:24 PM