WOOHOO! Drove my car today!

Old March 11th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mike West

Default WOOHOO! Drove my car today!

Fixed a few more things on the chopped bug today and got to take it out for
a drive to the local Cruise night. First tiem in a year I have driven it!

Those that helped THANKS!!

I now have a bug with a tranny that actuaklly has syncronized gears. All
four of them too! I put in a Rancho Performance tranny with beefed up side
plates and welded 3rd and 4th gears. Also installed a new Scat shifter, Man
is that thing nice too. I found out whay I had shifter trouble , No shifter
bushing and the coupeling was trash. Amazing how well it works when you fix
it all !

Now to reinstall the floor insulation and carpet and the passenger seat and
I'll be ready for the Spring car show in two weeks.

Thanks again to all of you for your advice.

Mike West/Lone Star Models

My car can be viewed at www.lonestarmodels

scroll down the left side to the bottom to Mikes other hobby.