Revisited: how do I tell which is exhaust and which is the intakevalve with the intake manifold on?

Old September 15th 11, 03:23 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
BSAKing

Default Revisited: how do I tell which is exhaust and which is the intakevalve with the intake manifold on?

On Sep 6, 8:25*pm, "uncle_vito" > wrote:
> Be very careful with those stiffer springs. *Unless you are revving to 6000
> rpm, you do not need them and they can be very hard on a new cam. *Been
> there, done that, destroyed my new cam until I put the original springs back
> when I did the job again.
>
> "BSAKing" > wrote in message

> > HI all - I cannot update anything on this topic (perhaps because it is
> > an older thread)

> > So - just a quick update. As someone (I think Dad) had suggested, the
> > cam was toast.
> > At least 2 lobes were ground down to smithereens.

> > So - after checking prices, being cheap, and retired with a fixed
> > income, I decided to give it a go myself.

> > I have the engine out and have replaced the Cam, timing gears, chain,
> > oil pump, and have rebuilt the heads with stiffer spring to go with a
> > mild cam. I am in the process of re-assembly this week.

> > It will be awhile before it is back together as I have to do some
> > snooping around while the engine is out. I'm learning a lot as I go
> > along.....

> > The patient (or victim) is a '76 smogger, L-48 SBC.

Well - one would hope they are ok - it is a *very* mild cam and the
springs came with it from CompCams. 12-206-2 is their part number on
it. This is all a huge learning curve for me....

Old October 28th 11, 01:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
BSAKing

Just a small update - I got it all back together again and it all runs
good and sounds good so far. I'll check the oil carefully when I
change it for the first time. I'm running the breakin additive the
first few changes..

How to tell intake and exhaust valve with the intake manifold on? BSAKing Technology 44 March 2nd 17 05:31 PM
how do I tell which is exhaust and which is the intake valve with theintake manifold on? BSAKing Corvette 7 May 26th 11 10:05 PM
Intake manifold dosio Ford Explorer 7 February 20th 07 10:53 PM
'79 CJ5 intake/exhaust manifold gasket Ron Croonenberg Jeep 12 April 15th 06 02:34 AM
5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold RCSnyder Jeep 11 February 3rd 06 01:52 AM