'99 Audi A6 Quattro

Old June 22nd 05, 03:02 PM
tracycoach

Default '99 Audi A6 Quattro

I have a '99 Audi A6 Quattro with 75k that is rattling in the front when I
go over bumps...any ideas?

Old June 22nd 05, 08:20 PM
KLS

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:02:21 -0400, "tracycoach"
> wrote:

>I have a '99 Audi A6 Quattro with 75k that is rattling in the front when I
>go over bumps...any ideas?

Check your control arms and tie rod ends.
Old June 23rd 05, 02:55 AM
Jay Somerset

wrote:

> I have a '99 Audi A6 Quattro with 75k that is rattling in the front when I
> go over bumps...any ideas?

Control arms -- upper and lower, but the lower ones seem to make more noise
when the bushings get worn.
--
Jay.
(remove dashes for legal email address)
Old June 24th 05, 03:07 AM
John Clark

I believe it was recalled for that problem.

Old June 24th 05, 12:55 PM
Jone Tytlandsvik

Jay Somerset wrote:
> Control arms -- upper and lower, but the lower ones seem to make more
> noise when the bushings get worn.

Does the facelift (02') version A6 suffer from this problem as well?
And when they replace these arms on an A4 or A6, is it fixed for good or
will it get back when the new arms got worn? I mean where they able to
improve these parts quality and durability or are they replaced with parts
of equal (bad) quality?

Jone

Old July 6th 05, 09:49 AM
Mark

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:55:22 +0200, "Jone Tytlandsvik"
> wrote:

>Jay Somerset wrote:
>> Control arms -- upper and lower, but the lower ones seem to make more
>> noise when the bushings get worn.

>Does the facelift (02') version A6 suffer from this problem as well?
>And when they replace these arms on an A4 or A6, is it fixed for good or
>will it get back when the new arms got worn? I mean where they able to
>improve these parts quality and durability or are they replaced with parts
>of equal (bad) quality?

I had a track rod end replaced 2 years ago. It had worn out within a
year and only 4000 miles. The next one is still OK.

Mark.