Audi A6 ignition woes;(..

Old August 17th 10, 01:08 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
tony sayer

Default Audi A6 ignition woes;(..

In article >, Mark <i@dontget
lotsofspamanymore.invalid> scribeth thus

>>>It's a good car IMHO but too many small niggles to make it great.

>>Yes pity they never seem to sort that sort of thing. The reality doesn't
>>quite go with the projected image. Like this silly coil pack business
>>Bloke at the local Audi dealer sez he's never heard of problems, but why
>>are the doing a structured recall for this problem in America and
>>Canada...
>>
>>> And
>>>the fuel consumption is abysmal.
>>>
>>>Mine has done nearly 70K and the discs are needing replacement soon
>>>but I don't think they have been done before.

>>Suppose its down to driving style a lot of the time. I try not to use
>>the brakes unless I -need- to;;

>;-)
>

>>>Which one have you got BTW? I have the 2.4 petrol V6.

>>Its a 2 litre turbo. Seems that fuel consumption isn't that noticeable
>>either way but as yet we, rather I, haven't used it much. Missus has
>>taken it off to France but hasn't commented either way .. still, after a
>>2.5 Volvo estate most anything has to be better;!..

>Mine displays the fuel consumption on the dash so it's hard to ignore.

Are those systems that accurate at all?..

>>Main thing is she's very happy with it, so all is well..
>>
>>My olde 2.0 SE A6 1995 estate still does around 31 "ish" mixed driving
>>and can still be rather spritely despite its 190 K plus miles...

>That's good. The best I get is low 20's.

That does seem a rather large difference. I wonder why?. Don't know if
its a driving style difference?. Perhaps now I'm older and had a very
serious accident last year, not car related, I ease off the go pedal
more nowadays?.

Mind you with the way the roads are clogged around this way near the
infamous A14 you can't do much more then crawl sometimes;!..

--
Tony Sayer

Old August 17th 10, 02:30 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mark[_35_]

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:08:37 +0100, tony sayer >
wrote:

>In article >, Mark <i@dontget
>lotsofspamanymore.invalid> scribeth thus

>>>Yes pity they never seem to sort that sort of thing. The reality doesn't
>>>quite go with the projected image. Like this silly coil pack business
>>>Bloke at the local Audi dealer sez he's never heard of problems, but why
>>>are the doing a structured recall for this problem in America and
>>>Canada...

>>>Suppose its down to driving style a lot of the time. I try not to use
>>>the brakes unless I -need- to;;

>>;-)

>>>Its a 2 litre turbo. Seems that fuel consumption isn't that noticeable
>>>either way but as yet we, rather I, haven't used it much. Missus has
>>>taken it off to France but hasn't commented either way .. still, after a
>>>2.5 Volvo estate most anything has to be better;!..

>>Mine displays the fuel consumption on the dash so it's hard to ignore.

>Are those systems that accurate at all?..

Don't know -- but it definitely makes me drive more slowly!

>>>Main thing is she's very happy with it, so all is well..
>>>
>>>My olde 2.0 SE A6 1995 estate still does around 31 "ish" mixed driving
>>>and can still be rather spritely despite its 190 K plus miles...

>>That's good. The best I get is low 20's.

>That does seem a rather large difference. I wonder why?. Don't know if
>its a driving style difference?. Perhaps now I'm older and had a very
>serious accident last year, not car related, I ease off the go pedal
>more nowadays?.

I ease off the pedal more too.

>Mind you with the way the roads are clogged around this way near the
>infamous A14 you can't do much more then crawl sometimes;!..

Like pretty much the rest of England.
--
(\__/) M.