93 Audi Quattro transmission

Old August 10th 09, 11:46 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Michele Medina

Default 93 Audi Quattro transmission

I am having problems with my 1993 Audi a4 quattro AWD Sedan
Transmission, the dashboard panel where it tells you (P-N-D-3-2-1) is
lit up and when I drove the car I noticed the transmission will not
shift. The rpm go up but the transmission will not shift from 1st
gear. Can anyone help??

Thanks, Michele
Old August 11th 09, 12:10 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Possibly the vehicle speed sensor or wiring on the transmission. Might be
two sensors on yours, one for the speedo and one for the Transmission
Control Module/Unit.
They both register the speed of the vehicle but if one goes bad there is no
info to read and the transmission thinks you are standing still. 8^o
Your vehicle might have on board diagnostics that will allow a scanner to
read what has happened or is happening.

Now was there an Audi A4 back in 1993?
That is a not one I recall in the USA since they came out in 1996 here, so
which country is this?
BUT I could be wrong!
JMHO
--