will this fit in the back of a C6??

Old July 4th 07, 05:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
hmmmmmm

Default will this fit in the back of a C6??

i know corvette boot space is limited to a golf bag etc, but...

just thinking about those trips out of town and wondering
if this item would fit in the back......???

http://www.caroholic.com/62_centaur.htm

regards

Harry
'64 coupe downunder

Old July 4th 07, 02:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

The size isn't the problem (16x20x32), it weighs 90 lb dry so that plus
liquid you would have to lift over the rear of the car. Hoisting that
weight to chest height at arms length to get it out of the cargo area
would take a bit of doing. I think one of those little electric scooters
would be a more likely prospect.

Old July 4th 07, 03:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
The Reverend Natural Light

I once fit a 42" plasma TV into the back of a C4. Found a deal on it,
bought it, then remembered I was driving the Corvette that day. It
fit snugly at all four sides.

In hindsight, it looked kind of cool. Run it off an an inverter and
it would look like something from the Pimp My Ride TV show.

Old July 4th 07, 04:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"The Reverend Natural Light" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> I once fit a 42" plasma TV into the back of a C4. Found a deal on
> it,
> bought it, then remembered I was driving the Corvette that day. It
> fit snugly at all four sides.
>
> In hindsight, it looked kind of cool. Run it off an an inverter and
> it would look like something from the Pimp My Ride TV show.
>
> On Jul 4, 12:36 am, "hmmmmmm" > wrote:
>> i know corvette boot space is limited to a golf bag etc, but...

Not quite a correct statement, it will handle one bag of golf clubs,
not always 2. There is plenty of room left for the passengers seat to
pack more clothes for a weekend stay than it takes to outfit a small
army.

I personally have no need for gasoline in a vented fuel system in the
cabin of a C6 , let alone the probable fuel, rubber, and oil smell.

>> just thinking about those trips out of town and wondering
>> if this item would fit in the back......???

The size will interfere with the back glass sitting length ways on the
back axle against the back of the ridge by the front seats and will
only fit laying on it's side. If you're strong enough to lift that
thing in an out on your trips I would think you could just run to any
side trips less than 20 miles that you wanted to see.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old July 4th 07, 04:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:07:56 -0500, Bob I > wrote:

>The size isn't the problem (16x20x32), it weighs 90 lb dry so that plus
>liquid you would have to lift over the rear of the car. Hoisting that
>weight to chest height at arms length to get it out of the cargo area
>would take a bit of doing. I think one of those little electric scooters
>would be a more likely prospect.

===========
The link the OP gave just did not work for me....so I really do not
know what he was specifically asking about...

BUT I do carry a 3 wheeled Pride Sundancer Mobility Scooter in the
back of my 64 Convertible WITH THE TOP DOWN... when I go to Carlisle
etc... Have to break it down and have to put it back together when I
get wheer I am going...BUT that honestly is a 4-5 minute job ...

Been doing this at Carlisle for 4-5 years ever since Claudication in
my legs limited my walking ability and I could no longer walk all 82
acres at Carlisle...

There is plenty of room in the back of Mid Year Vettes to haul "your
stuff"

Bob G
64 72 & 98 Ragtops
76 & 79 Coupes

Old July 5th 07, 01:34 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
hmmmmmm

thanx for the kind responses guys,

there's a bit of an issue with my current ride
being that it has the N03 big tank option and
let's just say that "going away" space is juuuuust
a little squeezy!

anything more than a toothbrush and a pair of
jocks/boxers etc and there ain't much room to
move....

i am always looking to add another vette to the
stable, but i just saw an ad in the paper couple days
ago for a 2006 Z06 soemeone's trying to flog
downunder,for AU$216,000.00!!!

maybe next year.....

thanx again

news

Old July 5th 07, 02:20 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
hmmmmmm

oh yeah,

and Happy 4th o' July guys!!

regards

Harry

u...

Old July 8th 07, 01:57 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Scubabix

"hmmmmmm" > wrote in message
u...
>i know corvette boot space is limited to a golf bag etc, but...

Just a bit of trivia, the C5/C6 requirement was to be able to fit TWO golf
bags in the trunk (boot). The logic was that many Corvette drivers would be
golfers and wouldn't want to have to drive two cars or another one to go
golfing.
Rob

Old July 8th 07, 03:28 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Scubabix" > wrote in message

> "hmmmmmm" > wrote in message
> u...
>>i know corvette boot space is limited to a golf bag etc, but...
>>

> Just a bit of trivia, the C5/C6 requirement was to be able to fit
> TWO golf bags in the trunk (boot). The logic was that many Corvette
> drivers would be golfers and wouldn't want to have to drive two cars
> or another one to go golfing.
> Rob

That was true with the C5 but not the C6, when they decided to
you're-peein-nize-it the shorter version now only holds one set of
clubs and a soccer ball.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old July 8th 07, 05:54 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 22:28:16 -0400, "Dad" > wrote:

:>"Scubabix" > wrote in message
om...
:>>
:>> "hmmmmmm" > wrote in message
:>> u...
:>>>i know corvette boot space is limited to a golf bag etc, but...
:>>>
:>> Just a bit of trivia, the C5/C6 requirement was to be able to fit
:>> TWO golf bags in the trunk (boot). The logic was that many Corvette
:>> drivers would be golfers and wouldn't want to have to drive two cars
:>> or another one to go golfing.
:>> Rob
:>That was true with the C5 but not the C6, when they decided to
:>you're-peein-nize-it the shorter version now only holds one set of
:>clubs and a soccer ball.

You guys need a coupe. Our C6 accommodated quite comfortably
our two fully loaded parachute bags, a hunting rifle and ammo, and our
two beagles when we took an 8 hour trip from Maryland to Rhode Island.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...eadyToRoll.jpg

A quick image before I sent it through photoshop cleanup.