Tip on C5 Hard to Start

Old August 15th 11, 03:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Tip on C5 Hard to Start

"aRKay" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> aRKay > wrote:
>
>> In article
>> >,
>> aRKay > wrote:

>> > Mine used the Double sided VATS key show on
>> >
>> > http://www.locksmithcharley.com/transponder.html#vats
>> >
>> > but there are no letter so I am SOL on figuring out the
>> > resistance value.

>> I found the following on how to read the value. Great page!!!!
>>
>> http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=102598

> Mine is the #2 GM key 524 ohms. The local locksmith has them in
> stock and
> will cut it for me for $23.

The Pontiac key I talked about has to be trained by putting it into
the ignition switch and training it like some fobs. The kicker to that
setup is a dealer has to train the fob, no work around. That key blank
was $25 at the hardware and I had purchased it on line for $15 along
with new fobs. Since they knew how expensive the key was they wouldn't
charge me to cut it so if it didn't work they didn't have to replace
it. They did a great job and it trained with no problems. Still can't
see how the dealers feels $160 is a reasonable price for their keys.

The $23 is more like what it should cost.

Save the wave......

Old August 15th 11, 05:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.sport.nhra,alt.guns
Scott A Gilbert SAPguru

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> <Scott A Gilbert SAPguru> wrote in message
>>
>> "Dad" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>>
>>> <Scott A Gilbert SAPguru> wrote in message
>>>>
>>> Snip

>>> So you out on parole Scott? Haven't seen you insanity in some time now.
>>>

>> STFU you dried up turd.
>>

> Guess not, how long you got to serve yet?

Post your address and I will come see you face to face and you can share
what you think with me in person.

--
Scott Gilbert the SAPguru.
IF YOU HAVE IT, SAP BROUGHT IT!

Old August 16th 11, 01:33 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.sport.nhra,alt.guns
CardsFan[_2_]

"Dad" wrote in message .. .

<Scott A Gilbert SAPguru> wrote in message

> "Dad" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> <Scott A Gilbert SAPguru> wrote in message
>>>

>> Snip
>>>
>>> Scott Gilbert the SAPguru

>> So you out on parole Scott? Haven't seen you insanity in some time now.
>>

> STFU you dried up turd.

Guess not, how long you got to serve yet?
______________

That guy is the very definition of a troll.

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 speed (both tops)

Old August 16th 11, 02:43 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"CardsFan" > wrote in message

Snip

> That guy is the very definition of a troll.
>
> AJM
> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 speed (both tops)

You got that right, watch out when you reply, he tacks on other sites
to spread his BS.

Old August 16th 11, 11:36 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.sport.nhra,alt.guns
Scott A Gilbert SAPguru

"CardsFan" > wrote in message

> "Dad" wrote in message
> .. .
>

> <Scott A Gilbert SAPguru> wrote in message
>>
>> "Dad" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>>
>>> <Scott A Gilbert SAPguru> wrote in message
>>>>
>>> Snip

>>> So you out on parole Scott? Haven't seen you insanity in some time now.
>>>

>> STFU you dried up turd.
>>

> Guess not, how long you got to serve yet?
> ______________
>
> That guy is the very definition of a troll.

......................./´¯/)
.....................,/¯../
..................../..../
............../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........\.................'...../
...........''...\.......... _.·´
.............\..............(
...............\.............\...

**** box.

--
Scott Gilbert the SAPguru.
IF YOU HAVE IT, SAP BROUGHT IT!

Old August 17th 11, 02:56 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_4_]

In article >,
aRKay > wrote:

> > I found the following on how to read the value. Great page!!!!
> >
> > http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=102598

> Mine is the #2 GM key 524 ohms. The local locksmith has them in stock and
> will cut it for me for $23.

The only had the small head keys in stock at the store but said the
other store had the full size heads and they ordered one for me. I went
back the next day and the replacement looks just like the factory key
with the Chevy logo and all. The replacement works great.

The flakey key is in the trash!
Old August 17th 11, 03:35 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"aRKay" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> aRKay > wrote:
>
>> > I found the following on how to read the value. Great page!!!!
>> >
>> > http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=102598

>> Mine is the #2 GM key 524 ohms. The local locksmith has them in
>> stock and
>> will cut it for me for $23.

> The only had the small head keys in stock at the store but said the
> other store had the full size heads and they ordered one for me. I
> went
> back the next day and the replacement looks just like the factory
> key
> with the Chevy logo and all. The replacement works great.
>
> The flakey key is in the trash!

Great, saved some money on that one.

83 VW Rabbit Hard to start and progressively looses power and dies. Cold start? Fuel pressure? Electrical? URGENT. Please respond! Mark Amero BMW 11 August 4th 05 10:39 PM
83 VW Rabbit Hard to start and progressively looses power and dies. Cold start? Fuel pressure? Electrical? URGENT. Please respond! Mark Amero VW water cooled 3 August 4th 05 02:15 AM
hard to start curbrider Jeep 7 June 6th 05 02:11 AM
93 SL2 hard to start, sometimes cant even start KentS Saturn 0 September 27th 04 07:52 PM
hard start jdoe Saturn 4 August 28th 04 05:52 PM