C5 headlights -

Old December 17th 10, 04:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default C5 headlights -

"FBNE" > wrote in message
Snip
> I am the second owner, bought it in 2004 with 9K now has 59K I
> pulled the entire headlight assembly yesterday and the adjustment
> rod is pooched. It is jammed and will not rotate at all. This is
> the large gold/bronze colored rod. I see a torx head on the the end
> of the screw it drives (inboard) it drives, but it is frozen as
> well. I never noticed a problem until I put the silverstar bulbs in.
> Thought maybe I just didn't seat them correctly, but that wasn't the
> issue.

Most of the after market Corvette outfits like Zip
http://www.zip-corvette.com sell replacement parts like the motor and
the internal gear, if that's what failed. Not sure how an adjustment
rod would fail or what you have described. Could it be the drive shaft
for the internal gear that won't move?

Old January 10th 11, 05:00 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:30:44 -0500, Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting older or the headlights on
>> my C5 seem to be too dim for me. It is especially troublesome on the
>> low-beam side. It looks like the beam is "hitting" the road about 20
>> feet in front of the drivers side and only slightly better on the pax
>> side. I have the silverstar bulbs in there now and did not see any
>> improvement. Anyone running better LED bulbs or street legal HIDS? Te
>> lights look fairly good on hi-beam, but practical in traffic. Thx
>>
>> -FBNE

Dad's spot-on with the relays. Did direct feed from a new fuse for both
the C4 and C5. C4 voltage at the headlamp socket improved from 10.8
volts to 14.0. C5 from just under 12 to over 14.2. Plenty of light on
the road now!

Silverstars in both cars.

headlights Michael McNeil Technology 4 January 21st 06 07:46 PM
97 Headlights Bob Lewit Ford Mustang 2 January 15th 06 04:30 AM
97 zj headlights mikl Jeep 5 July 6th 05 10:55 PM
Headlights cyberia Alfa Romeo 2 March 15th 05 06:52 AM
c3 headlights? The Entitty Corvette 12 September 26th 04 01:05 PM