Mystery part number

Old November 20th 05, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Mystery part number

Ken Lyons wrote:
> "Lanny Chambers" > wrote
>
>>I'll second that. If Tommy Grimes can't help you, no one can.

> In a part number question I had where the part could not be found by (ahem)
> Another Major DC Area Mazda Dealer, Tommy indicated his light weekend
> reading is the Mazda price book that comes out every few months. He said he
> finds a lot of little things not in the parts list. He is the man to go to
> on this.

Wow, that is good for us, but if he reads Mazda price books for weekend
entertainment, I think we may need to get together and go grab Tommy and
persuade/force him to go out for a few cold ones.

A r.a.m.m. get-together, that would be something to see. We'll all meet
at Lanny's house. ;-)

Pat
Old November 21st 05, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> Wow, that is good for us, but if he reads Mazda price books for weekend
> entertainment, I think we may need to get together and go grab Tommy and
> persuade/force him to go out for a few cold ones.

Um...I don't think The Parts Dood would need much arm twisting.

> A r.a.m.m. get-together, that would be something to see. We'll all meet
> at Lanny's house. ;-)

Sure, that would be a convenient staging area--I live just 900 miles
from Tommy. We could caravan...

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old November 22nd 05, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Sure, that would be a convenient staging area--I live just 900 miles
> from Tommy. We could caravan...

Well, what would be the point of driving just 10 miles to get there?

Also, this would give me a chance to whoop your ass in a race on those
roads you talk about. Bring your title, and no whining when I hand you
your door handles after the race. ;-)

(Now I am running for the bomb shelter)

Pat
Old November 23rd 05, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> > Sure, that would be a convenient staging area--I live just 900 miles
> > from Tommy. We could caravan...

> Well, what would be the point of driving just 10 miles to get there?

Indeed. And of course, since we'll all be in Miatas, the actual mileage
will be somewhat closer to 5,000 by the time we get to northern
Virginia, by way of Colorado and Deal's Gap.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old November 23rd 05, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> pws > wrote:
>

>>>Sure, that would be a convenient staging area--I live just 900 miles
>>>from Tommy. We could caravan...

>>Well, what would be the point of driving just 10 miles to get there?

> Indeed. And of course, since we'll all be in Miatas, the actual mileage
> will be somewhat closer to 5,000 by the time we get to northern
> Virginia, by way of Colorado and Deal's Gap.

Let's plan the event for this spring.

What is the capacity of your house and yard? Also, I will let you know
how many people you will need to feed when we meet up there.

I am also nominating you for the position of the sacrificial "ticket
runner", staying a few miles ahead of the pack with a radio. It is a
special honor for a special person. ;-)

Pat
Old November 23rd 05, 06:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> I am also nominating you for the position of the sacrificial "ticket
> runner", staying a few miles ahead of the pack with a radio. It is a
> special honor for a special person. ;-)

I am truly blessed. <sniff>

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old November 23rd 05, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"pws" > wrote
> Let's plan the event for this spring.

Actually, it is fun to do something like that. I just spent a day riding all
over DC with cyclists from the Road Bike Review web forum. What do they
say?...it's like meeting old friends for the first time.

Last September I rode mountain bikes in Utah with CompuServe friends I met
for the first time there 10 years ago.

It would be a hoot to put faces and personalities with names. This is one of
the few newsgroups where I would feel comfortable meeting the inmates.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old November 24th 05, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Ken Lyons wrote:

> Actually, it is fun to do something like that. I just spent a day riding all
> over DC with cyclists from the Road Bike Review web forum. What do they
> say?...it's like meeting old friends for the first time.
>
> Last September I rode mountain bikes in Utah with CompuServe friends I met
> for the first time there 10 years ago.
>
> It would be a hoot to put faces and personalities with names. This is one of
> the few newsgroups where I would feel comfortable meeting the inmates.

Inmates, heh-heh. I am something like 6 years in. My sentence here is 10
years with no early release.

I'm game, but Leon scares me. ;-)

I have met 2 people who posted here, but that was long ago. Both were cool.
I have bought and sold miata parts with a good number of people here,
always with favorable results. Definitely a decent group of people. We
are smart enough that even the best troll finds little to eat here.

As long as Leon, Lanny, Chris M., Chris D., tooloud, Dana Myers, Grant
Edwards, Scott Streeter, XS11E, and of course, Bruce Haskin don't show
up, we should have a great time. ;-)

(Running for a deep bunker this time) - Sorry for any regulars that I
missed, you are included as well, heh-heh.

Pat
Old November 24th 05, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> As long as Leon, Lanny, Chris M., Chris D., tooloud, Dana Myers, Grant
> Edwards, Scott Streeter, XS11E, and of course, Bruce Haskin don't show
> up, we should have a great time. ;-)

Ah, so we're to meet at my house when I'm not here? My brain hurts...

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old November 24th 05, 03:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Ah, so we're to meet at my house when I'm not here? My brain hurts...

The brain is like a muscle. Don't exercise it enough, and it hurts when
you try to use it. ;-)

Of course we are meeting when you are not there. Take the Accord and go
away, but first make sure that you have new Toyos, a fresh alignment,
and a full tank of gas for the miata, along with the keys under the
seat. I plan on doing the rough driving in your car.

Do I have to explain everything?

Pat