Pressure Washing.

Old April 5th 10, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Pressure Washing.

I bought a 1600 PSI electric powered pressure washer to clean the
outside of my house before I start painting my house.
Is it a good idea to use such a pressure washer for cleaning my old
vans?
I sort of have the opinion it isn't such a good idea?
cuhulin

Old April 5th 10, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
\Harry Smith\

On Apr 4, 9:47*pm, wrote:
> I bought a 1600 PSI electric powered pressure washer to clean the
> outside of my house before I start painting my house.
> Is it a good idea to use such a pressure washer for cleaning my old
> vans?
> I sort of have the opinion it isn't such a good idea?
> cuhulin

What, the moss getting a little thick?

But yeah I'd say it depends on the nozzle. If it's a focused pin-point
kind of spray pattern it might blast the paint off. If it's more the
fogger kind of spray should be fine. They work great at the DIY car
wash after all.

Harry

Old April 5th 10, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 21:47:33 -0500, cuhulin wrote:

> I bought a 1600 PSI electric powered pressure washer to clean the outside
> of my house before I start painting my house. Is it a good idea to use
> such a pressure washer for cleaning my old vans?

Only if you don't like paint...

Old April 5th 10, 04:43 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Default {HIJACK} Pressure Washing.

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 20:25:08 -0700, "Harry Smith" wrote:

> like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko)
> Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16,gzip(gfe)

Damn, man, you posting with an iPhone??!?!?!

Now you went and made me feel like a Troglodyte...

Old April 5th 10, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

It is Spring time and those trees are getting greener everyday.Some of
those trees are raining that sap down on top of one of my vans, my 1983
Dodge van.I reckon I ought to get some concrete in my back yard so I can
park my 1978 Dodge van on that, then I can start parking my 1983 Dodge
van in my carport.I am thinking I won't use my pressure washer on my old
vans.I don't want to blow the paint off of them.
cuhulin

Old April 5th 10, 06:02 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
\Harry Smith\

On Apr 4, 10:43 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 20:25:08 -0700, "Harry Smith" wrote:
> > like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko)
> > Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16,gzip(gfe)

> Damn, man, you posting with an iPhone??!?!?!
>
> Now you went and made me feel like a Troglodyte...

There's an app for that.

Nah, seriously, there might be but I have no problem going thru the
browser. This is my only Internet access these days. If it makes you
feel better, it's an antique 2G model.

Harry
Old April 5th 10, 06:09 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
\Harry Smith\

On Apr 4, 11:33*pm, wrote:
> It is Spring time and those trees are getting greener everyday.Some of
> those trees are raining that sap down on top of one of my vans, my 1983
> Dodge van.I reckon I ought to get some concrete in my back yard so I can
> park my 1978 Dodge van on that, then I can start parking my 1983 Dodge
> van in my carport.I am thinking I won't use my pressure washer on my old
> vans.I don't want to blow the paint off of them.
> cuhulin

I figure any pressure washer that could blast the tree sap off would
definitely take off some paint too.

Anyway I'm a Mississippi boy myself so I know wut yer talkin bout.
Your posts always make me smile.

Harry
Old April 6th 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
DemoDisk

> wrote in message
> I bought a 1600 PSI electric powered pressure washer to clean the
> outside of my house before I start painting my house.
> Is it a good idea to use such a pressure washer for cleaning my old
> vans?
> I sort of have the opinion it isn't such a good idea?
> cuhulin

A friend of mine was getting his house p/washed and painted and the guy
suggested he sprayclean my friend's car. "Okay... "

The painter's p/washer was 4000 psi -- I kid you not, and did blast
small bits of paint off plastic body items.

Use a hose and a sponge.

Old April 6th 10, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 22:02:21 -0700, "Harry Smith" wrote:

> On Apr 4, 10:43 pm, Hachiroku ハチ*ク > wrote:
>> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 20:25:08 -0700, "Harry Smith" wrote:
>> > 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko)
>> > Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16,gzip(gfe)

>> Damn, man, you posting with an iPhone??!?!?!
>>
>> Now you went and made me feel like a Troglodyte...

> There's an app for that.
>
> Nah, seriously, there might be but I have no problem going thru the
> browser. This is my only Internet access these days. If it makes you feel
> better, it's an antique 2G model.
>
> Harry

Whew. My Palm is 3G...

Windshield Washing. [email protected] Technology 6 November 5th 07 11:50 PM
washing [email protected] General 0 November 2nd 07 11:01 PM
Car Washing Question Dave Wick Ford Mustang 3 July 31st 05 05:06 PM
No Aircondition after Pressure-washing engine :(! Jopki Jopa Technology 5 July 24th 05 03:01 PM
Washing Miata Pat Mazda 3 October 1st 04 03:42 AM