What the F*** can we do about the pitiful state of Traffic in theUnited Selfish of America?

Old February 24th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
ComandanteBanana

Default What the F*** can we do about the pitiful state of Traffic in theUnited Selfish of America?

My viewpoint (and thus the viewpoint of the revolution) is that
anything we can solve without government we should do without it.
However if things don't get solved without it...

Case in point is, WHAT THE F*** CAN WE DO ABOUT THE PITIFUL STATE OF
TRAFFIC IN THE UNITED SELFISH OF AMERICA? (The F. word is used all the
time in the movie IDIOCRACY where all intelligence is lost.) All they
do is, for sure, collect money through speeding and parking tickets,
but HOW CAN WE EVER IMPLEMENT A POLICY LIKE, SAY, THAT OF GERMANY? How
can we ever make that those slowpokes stick to the right and those who
are fittest pass on the left?

So the solution is a combination of both Big Brother and
Libertarianism. Did I say the name of the revolution is Banana
Revolution?

HYPOCRISY+IDIOCRACY=MEDIOCRITY=DEMOCRACY

THE BANANA REVOLUTION

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

new t-shirts for the revolution!
(on the road to the revolution)

http://zazzle.com/bananarevolutiongear
Old February 24th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
ComandanteBanana

I find one of the most hideous problems of living in mediocrity to be
putting up with (or surviving) idiotic traffic. Nobody in power
acknowledges it to be a problem (only DUI is), let alone offers a
solution. And then the idiots arm themselves with the biggest SUVs
they can possibly find. I just had to come with a t-shirt for them...

description...
"Whether you are in a rush or not to get to the revolution you will
benefit from passing on the left."

t-shirt says...
The road to the revolution is full of idiots driving everywhere
(please pass on the left)

How much would be to fix this problem? I think is not about money but
about challenging the mind of the mentally handicapped.

Old February 25th 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nick Naim

"ComandanteBanana" > wrote in message
> My viewpoint (and thus the viewpoint of the revolution) is that
> anything we can solve without government we should do without it.
> However if things don't get solved without it...
>
> Case in point is, WHAT THE F*** CAN WE DO ABOUT THE PITIFUL STATE OF
> TRAFFIC IN THE UNITED SELFISH OF AMERICA? (The F. word is used all the
> time in the movie IDIOCRACY where all intelligence is lost.) All they
> do is, for sure, collect money through speeding and parking tickets,
> but HOW CAN WE EVER IMPLEMENT A POLICY LIKE, SAY, THAT OF GERMANY? How
> can we ever make that those slowpokes stick to the right and those who
> are fittest pass on the left?

Alot of drivers who pass on the left are unfit also.

Old February 25th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
ComandanteBanana

On Feb 24, 8:21*pm, "Nick Naim" > wrote:
> "ComandanteBanana" > wrote in message
>
> ...> My viewpoint (and thus the viewpoint of the revolution) is that
> > anything we can solve without government we should do without it.
> > However if things don't get solved without it...

> > Case in point is, WHAT THE F*** CAN WE DO ABOUT THE PITIFUL STATE OF
> > TRAFFIC IN THE UNITED SELFISH OF AMERICA? (The F. word is used all the
> > time in the movie IDIOCRACY where all intelligence is lost.) All they
> > do is, for sure, collect money through speeding and parking tickets,
> > but HOW CAN WE EVER IMPLEMENT A POLICY LIKE, SAY, THAT OF GERMANY? How
> > can we ever make that those slowpokes stick to the right and those who
> > are fittest pass on the left?

> Alot of drivers who pass on the left are unfit also.
>

> > So the solution is a combination of both Big Brother and
> > Libertarianism. Did I say the name of the revolution is Banana
> > Revolution?

> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
> > HYPOCRISY+IDIOCRACY=MEDIOCRITY=DEMOCRACY

> > THE BANANA REVOLUTION

> >http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

> > new t-shirts for the revolution!
> > (on the road to the revolution)

> >http://zazzle.com/bananarevolutiongear- Hide quoted text -

But at least they are predictable. Passing EVERYWHERE is the most
unpredictable, and thus the most dangerous driving, particularly at
higher speeds and with bigger vehicles. I've seen an SUV cut off just
between two cars with mathematical or reckless precision.
Old February 25th 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Support our troops, O5 and below. SeaWoe

On Feb 24, 9:27*am, ComandanteBanana >
wrote:
> My viewpoint (and thus the viewpoint of the revolution) is that
> anything we can solve without government we should do without it.
> However if things don't get solved without it...
>
> Case in point is, WHAT THE F*** CAN WE DO ABOUT THE PITIFUL STATE OF
> TRAFFIC IN THE UNITED SELFISH OF AMERICA? (The F. word is used all the
> time in the movie IDIOCRACY where all intelligence is lost.) All they
> do is, for sure, collect money through speeding and parking tickets,
> but HOW CAN WE EVER IMPLEMENT A POLICY LIKE, SAY, THAT OF GERMANY? How
> can we ever make that those slowpokes stick to the right and those who
> are fittest pass on the left?
>
> So the solution is a combination of both Big Brother and
> Libertarianism. Did I say the name of the revolution is Banana
> Revolution?
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
> HYPOCRISY+IDIOCRACY=MEDIOCRITY=DEMOCRACY
>
> THE BANANA REVOLUTION
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
>
> new t-shirts for the revolution!
> (on the road to the revolution)
>
> http://zazzle.com/bananarevolutiongear

May I suggest that we adopt the laws and driving exams of GB or
Germany?

(A visitor might think that we use those of India!)
Old February 25th 09, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
ComandanteBanana

On Feb 25, 2:37*pm, "Support our troops, O5 and below.
SeaWoe" > wrote:
> On Feb 24, 9:27*am, ComandanteBanana >
> wrote:
>

> > My viewpoint (and thus the viewpoint of the revolution) is that
> > anything we can solve without government we should do without it.
> > However if things don't get solved without it...

> > Case in point is, WHAT THE F*** CAN WE DO ABOUT THE PITIFUL STATE OF
> > TRAFFIC IN THE UNITED SELFISH OF AMERICA? (The F. word is used all the
> > time in the movie IDIOCRACY where all intelligence is lost.) All they
> > do is, for sure, collect money through speeding and parking tickets,
> > but HOW CAN WE EVER IMPLEMENT A POLICY LIKE, SAY, THAT OF GERMANY? How
> > can we ever make that those slowpokes stick to the right and those who
> > are fittest pass on the left?

> > So the solution is a combination of both Big Brother and
> > Libertarianism. Did I say the name of the revolution is Banana
> > Revolution?

> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-----
> > HYPOCRISY+IDIOCRACY=MEDIOCRITY=DEMOCRACY

> > THE BANANA REVOLUTION

> >http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

> > new t-shirts for the revolution!
> > (on the road to the revolution)

> >http://zazzle.com/bananarevolutiongear

> May I suggest that we adopt the laws and driving exams of GB or
> Germany?
>
> (A visitor might think that we use those of India!)- Hide quoted text -

Yep, suggestion quickly adopted without Congress or Central Committee
approval.

But that would keep 50% of the idiots (consumers) from ever driving.
Probably bad for the economic recovery, based on going back to the old
wasteful ways.
Old February 26th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
ComandanteBanana

Originally Posted by mconlonx
"The Dutch aren't all that and are getting more and more conservative.
Heck, they just outlawed hallucinogenic mushrooms because some drunk,
depressed French chick jumped in a canal..."

That's no good, and they should try a Republican administration for 8
years before they really come to their senses...

Anyway, I was going to say some sweeping statement regarding idiots...
IDIOTS ON BIKES ARE NOT AS DANGEROUS as idiots on SUVs. Kind of common
sense, no? But I know some here need to feel good about themselves.

If half of America fails a REAL driving test and are channelled to
bikes and public transportation, the world would a better, safer place
to live.

NOTE: We should remind the Dutch how bad things are in Mexico and even
America under a War on Drugs (which they are winning).

Old February 27th 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
ComandanteBanana

On Feb 27, 10:05 am, "Mat S" > wrote:
> Uzytkownik "ComandanteBanana" > napisal w
>
> <snip>
>
> > I find one of the most hideous problems of living in mediocrity to be
> > putting up with (or surviving) idiotic traffic. Nobody in power
> > acknowledges it to be a problem (only DUI is), let alone offers a
> > solution.

> <snip>
>
> Just wait until they find out about Swedish "Vision Zero" and try to adopt
> it to your local conditions...
>
> http://www.monash.edu.au/muarc/repor...isionzero.html
>
> You'll be missing the times when you could drive like an idiot... ;-)
>
> MS

You'd like to drive like an idiot only when you drive a large mass
vehicle (SUV), and not a smaller vehicle or bicycle.

Now there's the Swedish approach (vision zero) and the German
approach, where you drive fast but not like an idiot. Notice also that
Germany has extensive bike lanes, so it works like a zero tolerance
between cars and bicycles since they are separated. And if they are
not separated then the vehicles would have to be slowed down to 30kph
(20mph or so) as stated in the paper.

Right in front of my house, though, I have a 30mph road where is
common to see cars doing 50, and the bicycles must stay out of the
idiots' way.

I don't know, but I some times think of accidents in America as an
INDUSTRY... Think of the insurance, the lawyers, the paramedics, the
therapists, the towing company, and, perhaps, the undertaker.