What is the real weight

Old October 10th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_8_]

Default What is the real weight

Itsfrom Click wrote:
> a lot of my gripes with my '06

Did you even look at this thing before you bought it!?
Two years later......Time to sell it and MOVE ON.
Old October 11th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Itsfrom Click

Gill: yup, researched it pretty carefully and it came as close to what
I wanted as anything (couldn't find a new car with leaf springs - and
I'm half serious about that). I've whined here since I got it - mainly
little things like no glove compartment light, ashtray or lighter,
decent interior lights, no inside trunk release, joke of a "tilt
steering wheel" and such in a car that stickers at $33M. I consider the
fact that you absolutely cannot read the gauges - despite all the
ghee-whiz design and light effects - more serious......the question
should be, did anyone at FoMoCo drive one before they put them on
sale?!?!

--------

Frank: I have to have a "toy" in the garage in perfect shape........I'm
too old to maintain Packards and Studebakers anymore.....I sold my
Avanti to make room for the new Mustang: it had 17,000 miles on it, had
never been wet or out of the garage overnight. Yeah, I know: you're
supposed to drive them....and the next owners get the benefit of my
mania.

Speaking of which: my very first car was a '56 Packard: 4800 pounds,
305 horsepower, road like a dream, handled like it was on
rails.......even with the old technology and crude automatic, it always
got 14 mpg. Progress? And....you could read the guages and the body
didn't flex, lol !!!!!!

Old October 11th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_26_]

(Itsfrom Click) wrote in news:13394-48F09E6D-349
@storefull-3253.bay.webtv.net:

> Gill: yup, researched it pretty carefully and it came as close to

what
> I wanted as anything (couldn't find a new car with leaf springs - and
> I'm half serious about that). I've whined here since I got it -

mainly
> little things like no glove compartment light, ashtray or lighter,
> decent interior lights, no inside trunk release, joke of a "tilt
> steering wheel" and such in a car that stickers at $33M. I consider

the
> fact that you absolutely cannot read the gauges - despite all the
> ghee-whiz design and light effects - more serious......the question
> should be, did anyone at FoMoCo drive one before they put them on
> sale?!?!
>
> --------
>
> Frank: I have to have a "toy" in the garage in perfect

shape........I'm
> too old to maintain Packards and Studebakers anymore.....I sold my
> Avanti to make room for the new Mustang: it had 17,000 miles on it,

had
> never been wet or out of the garage overnight. Yeah, I know: you're
> supposed to drive them....and the next owners get the benefit of my
> mania.
>
> Speaking of which: my very first car was a '56 Packard: 4800 pounds,
> 305 horsepower, road like a dream, handled like it was on
> rails.......even with the old technology and crude automatic, it

always
> got 14 mpg. Progress? And....you could read the guages and the body
> didn't flex, lol !!!!!!

You sold an Avanti with 17k miles to make room for a Mustang?

Wow.

I hope you netted at least $15k after buying the Mustang outright...

bus weight? D&LBusch VW air cooled 2 June 17th 07 01:30 AM
Car weight goodnigh Ford Mustang 9 March 15th 07 01:16 AM
Best weight of oil? Gary Mazda 15 March 28th 06 03:20 AM
Weight of a 351C Joe Ford Mustang 6 September 9th 05 05:57 AM
E34 Weight Rob Munach BMW 1 November 16th 04 04:17 PM