keys locked in car

Old October 8th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D[_5_]

Default keys locked in car

Whats the best way to unlock a 2006 mustang with power locks.
My freind just got the car and left the keys inside somehow.
Slim Jim
Call ford and make key from VIN?
Anyone do this before?

Old October 8th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

"D" > wrote in message
. ..
> Whats the best way to unlock a 2006 mustang with power locks.
> My freind just got the car and left the keys inside somehow.
> Slim Jim
> Call ford and make key from VIN?
> Anyone do this before?

Just did this with a Chevy. $12.50 and I had the key. They made me bring in
the registration and ID.

Al

Old October 8th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:41:12 -0700, "Big Al" >
wrote:

>"D" > wrote in message
>> Whats the best way to unlock a 2006 mustang with power locks.
>> My freind just got the car and left the keys inside somehow.
>> Slim Jim
>> Call ford and make key from VIN?
>> Anyone do this before?
>>

>Just did this with a Chevy. $12.50 and I had the key. They made me bring in
>the registration and ID.
>
>Al

Most people leave the registration in the vehicle.

Should also be able to contact an auto club ortowinf service. They
usually (the good ones) have the means.
--

Vintage Burgundy 65 Fastback 2+2, 289 OEM 4bbl, Custom C4,
OEM front disc/rear drum P/R&P, 16x8" V40s, BFG gForce
Old October 9th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

> wrote in message
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:41:12 -0700, "Big Al" >
> wrote:
>

>>"D" > wrote in message
t...
>>> Whats the best way to unlock a 2006 mustang with power locks.
>>> My freind just got the car and left the keys inside somehow.
>>> Slim Jim
>>> Call ford and make key from VIN?
>>> Anyone do this before?
>>>

>>Just did this with a Chevy. $12.50 and I had the key. They made me bring
>>in
>>the registration and ID.
>>
>>Al
>>

> Most people leave the registration in the vehicle.

And so do I. Needed a new key because all I had was a duplicate and it would
unlock the doors but I had to wiggle it for a while to get the ignition to
turn. The title would have been adequate for ID.

Al

Old October 9th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
johoie

"Big Al" > wrote in message

I always carry a spare in my wallet.
no problem-o.

Old October 11th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 22:34:55 -0500, "johoie" >
wrote:

>"Big Al" > wrote in message
>>

>I always carry a spare in my wallet.
>no problem-o.

I quit leaving mine in the car. All someone needs to do is get a look
at it to find out who I am and where I live.... The first steps in GTA
of a classisic 65 Fastback. (They busted one ring in the region which
concentrated on classics.) Now, I carry a coppy in my wallet, and
another in my checkbook. Neither gets left in the car.

Locked out W Moore Corvette 8 December 2nd 07 10:00 PM
locked out of my car Jules BMW 9 January 28th 07 11:55 AM
Does anyone here actually prefer remote keys versus the old-fashioned keys? Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 67 November 3rd 06 03:06 PM
locked up [email protected] Technology 0 July 3rd 06 12:15 AM
locked out 88BIMMER BMW 5 September 18th 05 03:33 AM